Dave Marcotte Foundations

Waterproofing
5498 West River Dr Ottawa ON K4M 1G8
HomeStars  >  Waterproofing in Ottawa  >  Dave Marcotte Foundations
How well a company responds to Quote Requests and Reviews.

Reviews for Dave Marcotte Foundations

JudyM in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

Dave and his team are very friendly and professional. Very true to their word, if they say they will be there at a certain time, they will be there. Explains the work being done and will answer any questions you have about the project. Worth every penny! I HIGHLY recommend Dave and his team!

Job Price

Thanks Judy. Hope your garage rebuild works out. Don't hessitate to call for advise.

sue lefebvre in Ottawa
2 reviews Ottawa, ON

David and his crew provided an excellent quality of service in July 2017. The price was reasonable and the job was professional. I have no hesitation in recommending Dave Marcotte for your foundation needs. It was a pleasure to do business with him!

Thanks Sue Hope your landscaping and laneway are going well

Rob from Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

Diagnosed problem when others hadn't. Told me what was needed, costs, timing. Dave and his guys answered all questions, kept me informed. Clean work site, daily progress reports.

Hire Dave and company. Get what is needed, when promised and at the price agreed. Also, you will sleep better. Work done 2 1/2 years ago. No cracks, no movement. Can't say enough positive about these guys. If everyone was like these guys, the world would be a better place.

Thanks Rob

Lynne Stafford in
1 review Ottawa, ON

Dave took the time and trouble to identify the cause of the water damage problem and saved me a lot of money.
The scheduled foundation excavation and waterproofing was deemed unnecessary when he found a plumbing leak.
I was impressed with Dave's tenacity at wanting to get to the root of the problem.
I really appreciated his honesty and integrity and would not hesitate to recommend him and have him work for me in the future.

Thanks Lynne glad I could help

Dave Marcotte did a fabulous job restoring our basement. We live in a heritage house (1860) and had water issues.
From the start, Dave followed up with us immediately re a quote and was available to answer all of our questions. He began work on the exact date we had booked in 1 year earlier.
Dave is experienced and extremely organized with a tight schedule with all of his trades persons. The job went quickly and smoothly and what I really liked about Dave is that he is a problem solver.
I would highly recommend Dave Marcotte Foundations as you can see from our rating. Extremely professional!!!

Job Price

Thanks for taking the time Margo!

2 reviews Ottawa, ON

We are very satisfied with the work of Dave Marcotte Foundations. We asked for an estimate to deal with sunken window-wells and Dave came within a day. He clearly explained what needed to be done and gave a reasonable estimate for excavating 2 window wells to the foot of the basement wall, testing the weeping tile and backfilling with drainage stone. We had decorative stone surrounding the area which the crew covered with tarpaulins and plywood. They excavated one day. The next day they protected the basement wall, tested the weeping tile and backfilled. They bought more decorative stone to cover any soiled areas. It was a very efficient and high quality job.

Joan Lewrey in
1 review Ottawa, ON

Very pleased both with the finished product and the experience. Dave Marcotte and his crew were polite, efficient, tidy, and hardworking. And, as an added bonus, the renovation was competitively priced. A first class company.

Diane
13 reviews Russell, ON

After checking the Home Stars website, I called Dave Marcotte Foundations (DMF), on April 4, 2017 after I found water had seeped into my basement. I was frantic. Despite being extremely busy, Dave took the time to calm me right down and explained what I should be doing. I was so floored! He didn’t know me from Adam, and he was willing to help by telling me what to do to prevent more flooding? Unheard of in my book, so I knew right then and there that there was no other contractor for me. DMF had to fix my foundation, as no other would do. He does not normally service my area (Russell, ON), but as luck would have it, he had received other calls from other people nearby and said he would call back if he had sufficient business this way to warrant his venturing out. True to his word, he called back and an appointment was made for an estimate. He came, looked at the problem and did a site recon (per my request) and suggested other ‘improvements’. In short order I received an estimate, which I readily accepted. When time came to do the work, Dave sent an email the day before to confirm they would come the next day at 8:00am. His crew and the material provider showed up before time, and the work began in earnest. His crew works fast and efficiently. All the guys are polite, personable and very professional. Dave even stopped by the site to check things out. After looking things over, he showed me one area scheduled to be repaired and said there are no cracks there, parging will suffice. I think my jaw dropped, because this would translate into a cost reduction for me. Who does that? Well…DMF does. They fix what NEEDS to be fixed. Work was completed the same day, they repaired the adjoining lawn by reseeding (which was mentioned and agreed to beforehand). I have now received my final invoice, and it did show a reduction.

This is a bit long, but warranted I believe, to describe the extent of the outstanding service provided by DMF. DMF is everything a company should be (and more actually): extremely professional, honest, courteous, personable, etc. They know their business. In conclusion, I do not hesitate to highly recommend DMF. If you require foundation repairs, look no further than DMF.

Job Price

Merci Diane! Thank you for taking the time to right this nice review!

Steve in Nepean
1 review Ottawa, ON

Dave was one of several individuals I contacted regarding a massive crack discovered in my basement after opening the only finished wall in my otherwise unfinished basement after purchasing the house. Dave provided the best explanation and detail around how to address the issue. The quote provided was detailed, professional and precisely matched all research and reading I could do around the issue. If you are a fan of what Mike Holmes stands for, then Dave's your guy.

The work that was actually done was as described in the detailed quote. Dave's team was incredibly professional, on time, and executed the work as if the work was on their own property. Ironically, when the work was finished, Ottawa received upwards of 200mm of rain and the system was certainly tested and pushed to limits not seen in the Ottawa area ever. Everything worked and no moisture signs on the foundation wall!

I would highly recommend Dave and his team for anyone that wants the comfort of knowing they will not be deceived out of solving a problem the right way.

Ledingham in
1 review Ottawa, ON

We couldn't be happier with the work that Dave and his team have done. The whole team were knowledgeable, skilled and pleasant to have around. They were diligent, conciencious and hard working. This particular job was awkward and really messy. But they left everything tidy and clean, and all in timely fashion.
An excellent job, well done!

More about Dave Marcotte Foundations

Foundation repair and waterproofing specialists. If your basement is wet. If you have cracks in your foundation or structural issues. Call us or visit www. dmfoundations. ca At Dave Marcotte Foundations we can provide you with valuable information regarding our foundation repair services. Our emphasis is on services and repair techniques for foundations.