Dave Marcotte Foundations

5498 West River Dr Ottawa ON K4M 1G8
HomeStars  >  Waterproofing in Ottawa  >  Dave Marcotte Foundations

Reviews for Dave Marcotte Foundations

1 review Ottawa, ON

My wife and I bought a century-old home near downtown last summer. We'd wanted to hold off on any work in the basement until a substantive reno in a few years, but the record rainfall in October dashed those hopes. Dave had done some major work for a friend of ours, who gave him a glowing recommendation. He and his crew didn't disappoint, digging us a sump pit and installing a pump in short order, and leaving the job site spotless. We won't hesitate to call on him again.

Thank you !

Nariman in Ottawa
2 reviews Ottawa, ON

We had few hairline cracks in our basement foundation recommended to be fixed by our professional engineer inspector , after asking few companies to provide us with estimate, Dave Marcotte Foundations provided us with the proposal and solution very close to what professional engineer report recommended.
Despite their very busy schedule (was told they are fully booked and not accepting new clients) , Dave sent Shane to evaluate our case and gave us the piece of mind by explaining us the procedure and steps they use.
Latter we called them to try to book them for the next year and we were told they have some opening that they can fit us in.
Shane and his colleagues were on time and did a very clean and thorough job.
They are so many companies out door trying to take your money by providing the wrong information about your problem...always check with the professional engineers and hire and the right people. We had such a good experience with Dave.

Thanks for taking the time

1 review Ottawa, ON

We had a small crack in our basement wall. After looking at photos of the damaged area, Dave Marcotte Foundations recommended internal crack repair. The work was done promptly and efficiently. Dave discussed the pros and cons of this approach versus others, made a recommendation, then allowed us to make the final decision, which is what we wanted. Overall very professional, I have no hesitation recommending them to others.

Thanks Brian

Lynda T. in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

We returned from vacation to find water in the basement. Having had great work done previously by Home Star companies, I turned there first and found Dave Marcotte Foundations. I called , only to find out, they were totally booked for several months but Dave offered to have one of his staff come by that very day to see if it was a small job he could help us with. Sure enough, he not only came by but fixed the crack while here. I so appreciated the help especially when he was so busy. You don’t forget companies like that and I have recommended his company many times since. Sincere, helpful and professional. Great job. thank you.

Thanks Lynda. Glad we could help

Heather in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

Dave's company had excellent BBB reviews and after the work, I understood why. He was reliable, honest and answered all of my questions. My time-sensitive order was done on time.

Thanks Heather glad we could get there fast

Gayle in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

I was very happy with the service provided by Dave and his crew. Dave was very approachable and explained every question I asked. They were very protective of our property and left things in good order.

I would not hesitate to recommend him, and would use his services if needed in the future.

Thanks for taking the time Gayle

Joe in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

We had a flood in our basement in April 2017. We had issues with foundation so we had a few estimates from different companies. Our choice was Dave Marcotte. We can say that Dave and his team did a fantastic job in repairing our foundation. His crew came in and the job was done within 5 days. Very professional crew, always on time and they cleaned up very good after all that digging around.
Good job Dave and keep the good work.

Joe & Sylvie

Thanks Joe and Sylvie!

CatherineJ in Ottawa
2 reviews Ottawa, ON

After obtaining 3 vastly different proposals to repair my 90-year-old leaking and crumbling foundation, I had an independent structural engineer assess the foundation. Dave Marcotte’s proposal most closely matched the structural engineer’s recommendations. In addition, 6 friends and acquaintances recommended his work. The crumbling foundation was sprayed with shotcrete, excavated and waterproofed on the outside. The work was done for 1/3 of the price, in less time, and with less disturbance, than another proposal to completely remove and replace my foundation.

Thanks Cathrine. See you in the spring to fit the parging.

Glebe Resident in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

The stone foundation on my house is over 100 years old. In the spring there was some seepage. Manageable, except over time it just gets worse. My neighbour was having her foundation done, and so it was a great opportunity to do mine as our houses are less than 3 feet apart.

She found Dave, and it was with many strong recommendations.

I had to have my back deck demolished to provide access, so that was done.

The weeks of the foundation work were very interesting to observe. Dave's company used a combination of high tech trucks to literally vacuum the old earth out, and hand shovels as well in tight areas.

A stone slinger was brought in to replace the earth.

The crew carefully washed the stone foundation, revealing many areas that needed repointing. That was done, another layer of black sealant was applied followed by a thick membrane. It's not going to leak!

Very pleased with the work. The crew had to work in late fall, inclement weather on some days, and luckily they had some nice sunny days to work.

This is the kind of project that is out of sight, out of mind. But it's the peace of mind I now have knowing my foundation is stronger, sealed, and worry free for many years.

Thanks Steve for take the time to write this!

1 review Ottawa, ON

Last April I had a flood in my basement. Dave Marcotte foundations came and repaired it It was done with care and professionalism. Dave was always there to answer any of my concerns. Top notch company! The price was fair for all the work they did. I would recommend them any day! Thank you for a job well done.

Thanks for taking the time

More about Dave Marcotte Foundations

Foundation repair and waterproofing specialists. If your basement is wet. If you have cracks in your foundation or structural issues. Call us or visit www. dmfoundations. ca At Dave Marcotte Foundations we can provide you with valuable information regarding our foundation repair services. Our emphasis is on services and repair techniques for foundations.