What a Pane Inc. (Door Inserts)

Windows & Doors Installation & Service
111 Zenway Blvd, Unit 9 Vaughan ON L4H 3H9
HomeStars  >  Windows & Doors Installation & Service in Vaughan  >  What a Pane Inc. (Door Inserts)
How well a company responds to Quote Requests and Reviews.

Reviews for What a Pane Inc. (Door Inserts)

amtedeschi in Toronto

Called whatapane about front door inserts,that they had water stains on inside. I was told to send picture and someone would call back. After waiting two week called again told them no one got back to me. Few days later got call scheduled an appointment. Showed up on time and replaced windows under my there warranty. It is nice to see that there are companies that still stand up to there said warranties.

Amtedeschi, Apologies for being a little late in calling back. Summer is a very busy time but we pride ourselves in standing by our 10 year official warranty. Glad you are pleased with our service.

Stouffville Home in Whitchurch-Stouffville
1 review Whitchurch-Stouffville, ON

Barry and his team did an awesome job with our front door insert, very quick install and left our house spotless! We are very happy with the results and highly recommend their service, the door turned out exactly as we imagined!!

Very glad that the design you chose turned out the way you wanted it. It is always nice to work on a new design. Barry What A Pane Team

Brian Grimes in
1 review Oshawa, ON

Barry is very professional and the work he did is second to none. Everyone that has come to the house loves the doors. It has changed the look of the house while giving privacy coupled with much light still coming in. The job was clean and they were on time. We are very very happy and will recommend them to everyone we know. We have already told many people to call Barry!

Brian,
Our design 'Artisan' really suits your home. The addition of the 2011 brush nickle lock set, completed the overall transformation. A pleasure working with you. Barry

Mauro in Toronto

Of all the renos we've done in our home upgrading our doors was BY FAR our favourite!
Barry was impeccable, punctual and did fantastic work! Would have paid double and been just as happy If i known it would have looked this good...
Do you self a favour and call What-A-Pane (no "pain" at all dealing with this company) :)

Mauro,

Thanks , the fact is people DO pay double for what we do! A pleasure working with you on your entrance way! Barry What A Pane Team

Front Entrance Transformation in Whitby
1 review Whitby, ON

Barry and Dan at "What A Pane" custom designed a glass door insert and sidelights for our front entrance. The outcome is nothing less than fantastic. We are so enjoying the dramatic transformation. The sidelights were a challenge, requiring some creative carpentry, but Barry and Dan went above and beyond making our project affordable. From beginning to end they were professional, courteous, on time and exceeded our expectations in every way.

Your door way looks great! As you mentioned the side windows were a challenge, as the existing ones were quite difficult to remove. So glad you like the finished product.
Barry & Dan

Darryl in Whitchurch-Stouffville
3 reviews Whitchurch-Stouffville, ON

Barry and his team did a fantastic job installing new glass panes and door handles for our front doors. They were very quick and professional, and the end result was exactly what we were looking for.

Highly recommended!

Darryl, The transformation was impressive, we must admit. From a regular-looking entrance way to a grander, brighter and more inviting door way. Very kind of you to include photos with your review. Barry & Dan - What A Pane Team

lg in Vaughan

I had used What a Pane services for a back door insert when I moved into my home 9 years ago. My front door had very little light and I wanted to change that. I was happy to learn that after all that time Barry and his company were still in business and going strong.

I hired them again for this new project and was so pleased! There is so much light in the front of the house now - I keep thinking the doors are open! Wish I had done this years ago but will certainly enjoy the look for as long as I stay here.

I highly recommend this company and service - on time - clean - and they respond promptly!

LG,

Thanks. Yes, next year will be our 20th anniversary and it is wonderful when we meet up with some of our earlier customers. Your doors look great now. With the original solid doors you had, there were virtually no light in your hallway. Now you have both light and privacy. Barry What A Pane Team

Jocelyn in Toronto

Our contractor, Georges Yammine from JAG Renovations, put the wrong sidelite in our front door. First, he said I chose that sidelite (I did not, I asked for frosted, reeded or hammered and I also provided pics), then he said it was like our neighbor's (it was not - he has reeded, George put in chinchilla). Then he said it would be about half the cost of the door (~2000) and he couldn't guarantee that the finish of our brand new door would remain undamaged. I was resigned to leaving the window in, but then decided I would make some calls to window companies, which led to me to homestars and What a Pane.

I met Barry and he explained the replacement process clearly. He said it was quite easy to do and not a process as I'd been led to believe. He showed me samples and said it would be $400. He brought in the replacement and it didn't fit, so he went back and ordered another piece of glass. It was easy, cut caulking with a blade, remove glass, insert new glass, reapply caulking.

The reason I'm taking the time to write this review is because Barry was very clear and straightforward. There was absolutely no deceit. What you see is what you get. I shouldn't have to praise him for being honest - it's what all people should be. But I want this out there for others who are in my position, and relying on people to be truthful.

Jocelyn,

From the start, we understood all too clearly your frustration with your original contractor. We often have to visit home that have problems with door inserts and side windows that have been badly installed. In your case the wrong type of glass.
We are glad that you appreciate our work ethic and thank you for the review

Barry What A Pane Team

Debbie in Vaughan

Unbelievable difference in the look of our home! The work was done in 30 minutes, no mess at all! Looks awesome and we saved thousands of dollars by not having to replace our door for cosmetic reasons! Thanks Murray, soooo happy!

Debbie, very nice of you to write this review. When customers are happy it reassures us why we are in the business. Murray What A Pane Team

Durham/Oshawa
3 reviews Oshawa, ON

Over 8 years of dealing with Barry, there is a reason why!! Barry with his staff are true professional in every aspect. I call him and he comes promptly!!! He comes equipped with a beautiful selection of samples, making your choice much easier.
Very precise with every detail, leaving NO Materials behind ..
I highly recommend what a pane!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks again Barry ??

Always a pleasure working with you. you always make the perfect choice of inserts for your homes. looking forward to the next one!!! Barry

More about What a Pane Inc. (Door Inserts)

'IN THE END, SERVICE WINS!'

High Quality Wrought Iron & Stained Glass Door Inserts - Toronto GTA Area.
A door says a lot about a home and at What A Pane, we want to make sure that the first impression your guests have of your home is a lasting one.
We are one of the few companies in the GTA that have an actual business premises and showroom.

We help to add sophistication, personality and eye-catching details to your home’s front door. From stained glass to wrought iron work, What A Pane offers the best value in the GTA.

Our family operated business, established in 1998, is known for providing quality, reliable services and competitive prices. With our design experts, What A Pane continues to the number one choice for beautiful door inserts that Toronto residents love to display in their home. We offer a variety of patterns, textures and designs, so you will have plenty of choice when choosing which door glass suits your home the best.
Call or email us now - we answer promptly!
Nicely presented showroom now open.. See website for opening times (we are open weekends!)