We mailed them a cheque for the full amount, they came once to do have of the job and we never saw them again, I did the shoveling by myself and I called them hundreds of times and they never got back to me, they are absolutely the worse thieves ever, they used to call us twice aday before they got the money and then after they got the cheque, they never answer the phone. They have 2 names, Ontario Snow Removal and Excellent Lawn Care, do not waste your money with them.
1. No show. Sometimes they will not show up at all. So you may wait for a long time and end up shovel the driveway yourself because you have to go out.
2. After we have a snow storm on the night before, they won't come the next morning (even we waited till 11am). And we have to shovel our driveway so that we can take our car out to work. Then why do we pay for the service?
3. They said we can call them anytime if we have questions when we signed up. But the truth is: the phone line is always busy and it does not allow you to leave messages. How do we contact them?
4. They don't deliver what they promised. When I signed up, I asked specifiably whether they will come two times (once in the morning, once after street plow), two persons on the phone said yes. But after I signed up, it never happens.
If this service is not possible or require extra money, then why don't they say so? When I signed up, the sales rep only said we can call them after the street plow came, and they will come right the way. This never happens, phone never works, people never get a hold with and they never come the second time.
If this is clear that they won't come two times, when we will not sign up with them in the first place.
5. They won't plow the driveway when there is car on the driveway (on a double driveway). I asked them specifiably on this because sometimes we have to park one car outside, again, if this is not possible, we won't sign up either. Then they said yes, they will do it. But the truth is, they never do it. They will skip your house if they see a car on the driveway.
One time there was more than 25cm of snow on the driveway and they didn't show up that night. Our car got stucked on the driveway because of the huge amount of snow on the driveway. The next morning, their truck came and saw that we had a car parked outside, they left. This is unbeliveable. The next day, my husband had to go out and shovel the snow himself and get the car back to the garage. Since he only shovelled one side of the driveway, we called them to arrange a time to come by and get rid the other half, they refused. They had very bad attitude on the phone. They are very unprofessional.
6. The quality of the snow removal service is bad. After they plowed, the middle part of the driveway still covered with a lot of snow. This is bad because when the weather becomes warmer, the snow will melt; then cooler, the water will become ice again. They made the driveway extremely dangerous for anyone to walk on.
I am very disappointed with the snow plow service this year. The problem is they don't deliver what they promised. I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone.
Because we can't trust their service anymore after the 25cm snow storm in Feb 2008, my husband ended up did all the shovelling himself. Because if they didn't come at all, the snow will be lot harder to move the next day... If you check the BBB website, there are many people already filed complains for their snow removal service in the last season (http://mwco.bbb.org/WWWRoot/Report.aspx?site=160&bbb=0107&firm=1163662).