We decided to hire A&C because they were local, competitively priced, allowed for some flexibility and the salesman (the owner) was very good. We were out of a 1700sq ft. house and only moving 8 miles away. We packed everything and had a lot of the items staged for the movers. Long story short it was a bad day - here's the bulleted list of issues:
* Made a mess of floors and walls - nothing careful about these guys
* I worked with them to help out but felt I also had to manage them to get the job done.
* They simply gave up on moving a refrigerator to the basement of the new house. I ended up taking care of it with my brother in 10 mins. Not sure what they problem was.
* The movers were lazy leaving items in the garage of the new house that they knew were marked for the basement.
* Incorrectly estimated time and cost for the move. An 8 hour job took nearly 15 and cost far more then estimated.
* The door they removed from the old house wasn't put back on correctly and stopped working correctly.
* The owner of the company made an effort to get the old house cleaned up but didn't discount the price at all.