Lowes - Toronto Castefield

Building Supplies and Hardware
1300 CASTELFIELD AVENUE Toronto ON M6B 4B3
HomeStars  >  Building Supplies and Hardware in York  >  Lowes - Toronto Castefield

Reviews for Lowes - Toronto Castefield

dyi

while the product is outstanding and high quality i cannot say the same for the service. they have a button located near all areas of the store if you require assistance...which is a good idea. when you push the button an announcement says help is needed in that area.
when i pushed the button once i had to wait almost 10 minutes for someone to show up and when help arrived i was asked if what i wasnted was important as this guy said he had 4 other customer wairting for service and accused me of pushing the help button more than once. did it tick me off...yes, not only was he ignorant he was not able to help me.

bconnol03 from Toronto
bconnol03 from Toronto
2 reviews Bradford West Gwillimbury, ON

Carpet Estimate

I thought the price of the Stainmaster carpet was very good. I wasn't pleased that I had to pay for a non-refundable fee for the carpet estimate (45.00) which only took 5 minutes to find out that the instalment price (1300.00) was high. I had other estimates done to compare this to. The total price of carpet plus installation was higher than some local competitors. (Klein Horsman for the Lee Carpet, Create a Floor). I was hoping to find better value at Lowes but did not necessarily. Only posting this to caution people that the carpet prices may look good but they might end up paying a higher total price in the end due to the added cost of a higher instalment. Klein Horsman does a free estimate as a note. I have bought flooring from them in the past and was very satisfied with quality and carpet installation.

melly from Toronto
melly from Toronto

kitchen appliance

Last week I had purchased a fridge on their Lowe's Canada web site for a special sale price fridge for $798 CAD and took my money and within thirty minutes at the same day to comfrim delivery date . Six days later they email me that they have to refund me without a proper reason. This is fales advertising

pat sky from Old Toronto
pat sky from Old Toronto

kitchen faucet install

I bought a kitchen faucet at Lowes and was told that they could install it in 24-48 hours which made me happy because I had to water. Later turns out that the 24-48 hours was to get a call for an appointment! I bought the faucet on Thursday evening, so the 48 hours turned into a 48 hours business days.... making it Monday 7:00pm. The install office closes at 5:00 so I coudl only call on Tuesday. When I did, the department did not pick up the phone, and then they dropped the call.

I was at 5 days with no water in my kitchen, so I called a plumber and he had it installed by noon. Lowes did return my money. The staff involved in selling it, did not clearly answer my question and mislead me. My several calls were not productive as staff was defensive, now that they had my money....

I will never ask Lowes to install something again because I expect clear and honest answers to questions. Customer service is quick to take your money, but service was defective.

Nate from North York
Nate from North York
4 reviews North York, ON

Basement Bathroom

Never hired a contractor from Lowes before. Have gone to home depot with great results. Wanted to try Lowes as we buy stuff from there often. Prices are usually more expensive but quality is great! Was greeted by John who ended up helping us with our project. Basement bathroom: 50 square feet, 20 year old house. complete replacement of full bathroom. Quality was great, fast service but contractor was okay. Not very friendly but got his job done.

marco from Toronto
marco from Toronto

Patio door

Lowes staff was very helpful in selecting the right door for my patio,
delivery and installation was on time and done right the first time.Very happy with the service from lowes and would do recommend them to anyone.

A
A

Paint

Really adore Lowes! Helpful people and wide variety of tools, paint colors and so on. Prices seem much better than other stores too. I no longer go to any of the other large hardware stores.

Nina in Maple
Nina in Maple

Garage Door Installation

Lowes installed an entrance from the garage into the house. We are happy with the service. Job was well done, professional and they cleaned up as well. Would recommend their service to others.

Carla Tonelli in Toronto
Carla Tonelli in Toronto
2 reviews TORONTO, ON

kitchen counter

I'm ordering my Eco by Cosentino countertop from Lowe's. They have the best price going at $70/sq. foot. Tina has been very helpful and pleasant to deal with. The project is not done yet but I'll update with photos asap.

Brian D in King City
Brian D in King City
3 reviews King City, CA

Drywall

I have lived in King City for 25 years and we really needed a large store like Lowe's. I renovated a couple of homes and have found this store to have a great selection. The staff is always very helpful and pleasant. They are very knowledgable.