Mapleleaf Electric Inc

HomeStars  >  Electricians in Toronto  >  Mapleleaf Electric Inc

Reviews for Mapleleaf Electric Inc

Chris & Sarah in Old Toronto
Chris & Sarah in Old Toronto

New panel & wiring for entire house

Alex and his crew were recommended by a friend. Now I hope to pass on the favour. Alex and his crew are professional, knowledgeable, polite and fast. They wired our entire house (during a full renovation) and upgraded the panel within a week and a half, then came back after the floors were done & walls were painted to finish the job (install the potlights & install switches & outlets).

The crew are hardworking, punctual, friendly and helpful. They were patient when we needed to make last minute changes and offered helpful advice on the lighting layout.

I'd hire Alex & his team in a second and would recommend them 10x over. We were lucky to have them as part of our project.

Thanks Chris & Sarah for taking the time to write this amazing review

DavidP
DavidP

Installation of Light Fixtures

I really appreciated the quick service and not having to wait weeks. One light fixture to be installed was a particular style that could only be used on a mirror in replacement of a similar one. It's was tricky and required some thought. I was pleased with the solution and the experience the electrician had to complete the installation. Though the work I had done was comparatively minor, I was happy with their scheduling, timing, availability and experience.

Thanks David for taking the time to write this amazing review

JS in Toronto
JS in Toronto

removed knob and tube

When we moved in to an older house last year our insurance company demanded we remove all the old knob and tube. I read about Maple Leaf on Homestars and that were amazing and I wasn't disappointed. The crew were careful. They put down sheets to keeo the floors clean. There was minimal damage to walls. They were reasonably priced and did high quality work. They were an absolute pleasure to work with.

Thanks JS for taking the time to write this amazing review

Greg
Greg

Knob and tube removal

I hired Mapleleaf to perform knob and tube removal and was very satisfied with the work and overall experience. Alex (the owner) conducts his business with integrity, and the Mapleleaf team (which varied from two to five people, depending on the task at hand) was hardworking, demonstrated good judgement, and was very respectful of my living space during the 5-day job.

I was working long, erratic hours during the week of the job, and although there is probably a lot of potential for this kind of work to intrude on (much needed) down time for the person(s) living in the job site, I came home every day to find an extension cord powering up my internet (from another room where power was still operational). The little things matter... it was noticed.

More broadly, the team swept their workspaces every day, taped down paper to protect pine flooring, moved (and/or put plastic sheets over) furniture as their work required, and kept their tools, ladders, and materials neatly arranged in a back room. Not only was the team tidy about their daily cleanup, they made relatively few, very neat holes in the walls and covered all holes with masking tape. My impression was that they do a lot of this type of work and kept damage to a minimum.

While performing the work, the team ran into a lot of very shoddy work done by a previous contractor/owner who had spliced new wire to the knob and tube *outside of boxes* in the walls. Alex showed me pictures of a particularly egregious example feeding some pot lights in my kitchen. As much as this job was not cheap, I'm confident that my house is now equipped with safe, quality wiring. I got a few really shady quotes before I connected with Alex which, I have a suspicion, might have resulted in more of the same.

At the beginning of the job, I told Alex I didn't have a problem with covering any "surprises" they might find once they got into the walls - when he originally stopped by to give the quote, I was in a hurry to get to work and I didn't want to penalize him later for accommodating my schedule. Although the team was happy to explain what they were seeing in the walls while I gulped back my morning coffee, I (happily) have no idea if any of the issues that they encountered along the way affected the scope of their work. Point being, it didn't matter (at least, from my perspective) because Alex stuck to the original quoted price without hesitation. I'd say that's a pretty good sign of integrity.

Finally, the team attended to all of the details I had hoped they would. Early in the job, I left the team with instructions to use the most logical (rather than original) locations when pulling wire for switches, lights, etc. Some of the existing switches were in awkward places in my house, and Mapleleaf's judgement worked out well in all cases. Any situations where "logical" wasn't sufficient to make the call, I was usually consulted before I left for work. At one point they suggested that we skip pulling wire to one (unnecessary) plug and instead, install wiring for a ceiling light fixture in another room, a trade that I was happy to make.

So... the bottom line is that Mapleleaf's team was honest and hardworking, exercised good judgement, made sure that I was happy/informed about decisions, and made my life as comfortable as possible while we were "sharing" the house for five days. Many thanks to Alex and everyone who spent time on this job!

Thanks Greg for taking the time to write this amazing review

Matthew in East York
Matthew in East York

Pot Lights + Panel

Last winter Alex and his team came over and installed potlights on our main floor, plus some other minor repairs. I'd used MapleLeaf years ago to replace my knob and tube. As always, his team was courteous, professional, and quick. They did a great job, and when one of the lights didn't dim properly (it turned out to be a faulty LED) they came back and fixed it pronto. I just recently called him to make some room in my panel for A/C. I'll call him again, for sure. I trust him.

Thanks Mathew for writing this nice review

scott.s.patterson in Toronto, Ontario
scott.s.patterson in Toronto, Ontario

Knob & Tube Removal / New Panel + whatever I asked for

Alex and his team were a real pleasure to deal with throughout our significant renovations. Form the first visit, I could tell how honest and professional they are. When things came up that required decisions and changes, Alex gave great advice and offered cost saving suggestions more than once. Also I couldn't ask for better responsiveness. Whenever I needed them, they were there, even on short notice. I highly recommend Mapleleaf Electric.

Thanks Scott for taking the time to write this review

A in
A in

Service upgrade

100% Satisfied. This Company is exactly what you need to get your electrical work done. I would highly recomend them and will call them in the future if I need anything electrical done. Thanks Alex.

Thanks for taking the time to write this review

Erin from Toronto
Erin from Toronto

Knob & Tube Removal

I am always very nervous when hiring someone to do work around the house. Worried about getting ripped off and people taking shortcuts. I cannot say enough good stuff about Mapleleaf Electric Inc.

First of all, we received a quote from Alex for knob and tube removal and it was the best quote we received and detailed the work that needed to be done. Alex stood by his quote and made sure the work was done properly.

They team of guys (shoutouts to Thomas, Jr., Alex and Leo) arrived on time every day. Always courteous, polite with a great sense of humour. The guys were not your typical guys, they were all good people too. I've never felt more comfortable around people we've contracted. They were very respectful of our house, the property and the neighbours/tenants. They controlled the dust as much as possible in a knob & tube reno and kept the place clean. Floors were covered, furniture was covered. They were also super respectful of our furbaby too which was a big bonus. These guys worked really hard, day after day. The job was completed before schedule. I am so happy with the work they did and the new light fixtures. Everything was perfect. I would highly recommend Mapleleaf Electric. They went above and beyond the scope of their jobs. I will never use another electrician. I just wish they did more then just electrical cause I'd hire them for everything!!! Thanks guys for a job well done! Cheers Alex, you have an unbeatable team!! Erin

Thanks Erin for taking the time to write this amazing review

John in Toronto
John in Toronto

Whole home knob and tube removal, electrical upgrade, new panel/lights in garage, etc.

These guys are fantastic. Alex and his team of subs... punctual, friendly, patient.... we not only rewired a ~75-year-old home but were moving furniture in around them, unpacking where possible, and changing the plan/positioning for lights and outlets as we determined what furniture fit where. They worked through the weekend to meet an agreed upon deadline for the work (we had painters scheduled for the following day).

We had gotten a couple of other quotes and they were very competitive as well.

Thanks John for taking the time to write this review

Saffa in Toronto
Saffa in Toronto

Knob and tube, electrical panel upgrade, potlights and other miscellaneous

We want to thank Alex and his team for an amazing job rewiring our house. The project included removing old knob and tube, replacing the electrical panel, and installing potlights, light fixtures and many new electrical outlets. Our house is 100 years old and posed some special challenges but nothing these guys couldn't' handle. They made very few holes during the process that needed patching and made sure to clean up every day. They also made sure we had power to all essentials such as appliances at all times. They very very considerate, respectful, always on time, and brought a very positive energy to the house during a difficult time for any homeowner. It was apparent that of the really love what they do. Thank you very much, Alex, Thomas, Steffie, Miguel Sr, Miguel Jr, and Leo. We enjoyed having you around. We will recommend Maple Leaf Electric in a heartbeat.

Thanks Theresa for taking the time to write this review.

More about Mapleleaf Electric Inc

Electrician

email: mapleleafelectric@gmail.com

Like Us On Facebook

KNOB AND TUBE REMOVAL EXPERTS.

WE SPECIALIZE IN KNOB & TUBE WIRING REMOVAL, SERVICE & PANEL UPGRADE, POTLIGHT INSTALLATION, NEW/OLD HOME RENO & ADDITION AND MUCH MORE....

Mapleleaf Electric Inc. is an Electrical Contractor Company which provides all electrical services for residential and commercial.