As we cannot verify your concerns because we can’t find your work order (please provide move date). We will attempt to evaluate the concerns as you stated:
1. Placing boxes upstairs: It’s obvious that the movers were trying to complete your move as fast as they could. I don’t quite understand what the movers did wrong, if you need distribution of your boxes then this will take longer than if you place them in the first floor.
2. Movers arrived late: Any one that lives in Toronto understands that ½ hour commute can turn into 1 ½ hour. For this reason Dino’s Movers will only provide the estimate time of arrival on morning jobs as state in our confirmation when booking move. For afternoon jobs we advise every customer at time of booking that we cannot offer an estimate time because truck in most cases is coming from another job.
3. Move time was DOUBLE of that quoted: Dino’s Movers is one of a few moving companies in Toronto that inquires inventory list and the needs of each customer before providing estimates. If we provided estimate to move 25pcs and when we arrive at location there’s 75pccs to move, this will take more time. I would ask that Nicole check the inventory that estimate was provided for and the final total of goods moved.
4. Went for lunch: Nicole can appreciate that we don’t charge for lunch and we do recommend that crew stops for lunch.
5. Breaks: As any job crew is allowed to take breaks, Nicole you make it sound that crew was always on break. This is not true of our crews, our drivers are required to complete a driver’s log of times which provides a good idea of our crew’s activities.
6. Swore, smoked and spat: I don’t think that any one should be surprise that movers as construction workers, landscaping, hockey players and most of us have done one or two of these things.
7. Damages: If you felt that you were entitled to claim any damage according to the conditions of our Bill of Landing and to the extent of liability you purchase, the process for this to complete a claims form.
8. The idea that our crew didn’t respect your goods is not possible, if we are moving a dresser that’s worth $1000.00 or $100.00 the process is the same we wrap the dresser with moving blanket and secured with tape. We never claim that putting moving blanket will be appropriate protection, it’s your responsibly to make sure that your goods are properly packed to be handled and transported. Dino’s Movers provides crating and special packaging for items that are fragile.