Asphalt Care - Driveway Sealing & Repairs

Home Additions
730 St.Clair. Ave W. Toronto ON M6C 1B3
HomeStars  >  Home Additions in Barrie  >  Asphalt Care - Driveway Sealing & Repairs
How well a company responds to Quote Requests and Reviews.

Reviews for Asphalt Care - Driveway Sealing & Repairs

Jazzy1 from Mississauga

I contacted David to schedule my maintenance on my driveway, he retuned my call and we schedule a convenient time. I've been using this company since 2008 and continue to use this service and other services he provides. His work is immaculate! He really cares about his work and his customers. David is honest & trustworthy. I've had over 15 years of use of my driveway all because I maintain it by sealing it every few years. My neighbours already have asked me for his contact information. Great work thank you again!!

Putera in Thornhill

Dave worked on my neighbour and my shared driveway. Look at the before and after pictures and you can clearly see he cares and is passionate about his work and treats paving repairs as a form of Art! His work was so amazing that my neighbour from across the road watched the whole process for 3 whole hours!

The work involved:
- Pothole repairs
- Garage ramp repair
- Resurfacing (in a sense)

Tools used:
- Hot Asphalt
- Vibratory Plate Compactor (key)
- Industrial paving glue (bonding agent)
- Manual tamper (for the nooks and crannies)
- Blowtorch!!

Satisfaction:
AAA+ service and workmanship. First contact involved a detailed explanation about the work and process involved. Dave took his time

+ The repaired area made it look as if potholes never existed! The slope Dave made is very smooth and is flushed with the garage. Shoveling will be a breeze during the winter!
+ Dave is courteous of his customers's property (took off his shoes so he did not soil the garage floor, cleaned up thoroughly after the job, trimmed up).
+ Thorough with his work, nooks and crannies were taken care of using the manual tamper; superb attention to detail.
+ He had neat tricks of the trade having been in the business for decades, this was evident in the final product.
+ I appreciate the fact that he respects health and safety. His tools and chemicals were properly secured in his truck.
+ Dave did not rush through the job and did not cheap out on the hot asphalt. Given the severity of the potholes he compacted them a layer at a time (as it should be done).
+ The work is guaranteed for 3 years!

The pictures can speak for themselves. As I've had the worst driveway in the block, everyone on the block was amazed with the results, I couldn't be happier!

Dave really poured in his 200% into this restoration and has made our driveways more pleasing than ever before.

Great job again Dave!!

I definitely recommend Dave's services to others, you will not be disappointed. Do give the man a few glasses of ice cold water, he works very hard :)

P.S. Dave, I would appreciate getting that e-mail invoice, thanks!

avenuesheetmetal in Brampton

I had Daniel come out aND seal my driveway. He got paint on my curb paver , and it washed off in 2 weeks. I called, Daniel said when he is in the area he will redo it. That was last summer. I'm tired of hiring people, who do not work by there word.

Job Price

Hi there. It's been a month and haven't heard back from you. We'll it's seems to me it's not that important. Well I'll be more than happy to look after this , providing if this is legit.
We. Find from time to time we get a odd one that likes to be dishonest and untruthful with there review. It happens unfortunately to the best of us. Take care . From Aspahalt Care

Wow your non legit complaint is from last year and now you came out with this.
Hi there. My name is Daniel. Im not clear on what your complaint is about and who you are. Your complaining about something about last year which i find odd and suspicious. Please call me so i can figure out who you are and where the job is and what we did for you and whats the real issue. We will never leave any customer unsatisfied.
Please call Daniel at 647-772-8101

Shannon in

I hired Dave at Asphalt Care to re-pave the bottom portion of our driveway which slopes towards the house. We were getting water run-off from the driveway into our garage. He was also going to lower the catch basin. Long story short, Dave did not shape the asphalt properly and we now get even more water in our garage. As per Dave's guarantee on labour and materials, he assured me that if we were still getting water in our garage after he finished, he would return and fix it. So after a bit of chasing - Dave agreed to come back and fix the job. He set two dates with me, one to remove the asphalt and a second date to re-pave. Dave didn't show up on either dates and is not returning my calls or texts. He's been paid fully for the job but did not do it properly. SAVE YOURSELF A MAJOR HASSLE AND DON'T HIRE THIS COMPANY.

UPDATE (July 5, 2017) - This company still hasn't fixed my driveway that they made worse with their work. Dave does not answer his phone, return texts or phone calls and does not show up/or return calls when he says he will. While he seems to have time to respond to negative reviews here on HomeStars, my garage floods every time it rains and he is doing nothing to fix it.

Job Price

Your driveway slope is not your typical slope, Its very narrow and steep which made it very difficult. Yes you paid in full for a job we agreed on. I understand there is still an issue with the slope. I will see you soon to see what we can do in order to get a better slope. Not to worry i will correct this minor adjustment. Sorry for the delay.The Rain has set us back. Call me when you can

Jaclyn in Cambridge
1 review Cambridge, ON

Amazing experience with a company I know I can trust. I once had a big jump to get to my garage and this paving job provided gave me a ramp instead. Many companies declined this job or over-quoted. 100% recommended!

abhinandandhawan in Richmond Hill

Dave is a thorough professional and knows his work inside out. His attention to details and ability to work according to situation makes him stand out from the rest. Happy to hire his services and be glad to spread the word in family and friends.. keep up the good work Dave and thanks for the help.. Cheers/Abhi

Maria in Bolton
2 reviews Caledon, ON

Daniel is a professional he was running late and called/texted and advised me and provided new time. He kept in touch, arrived and completed the work. He took the time to explained the product prior to doing the work. I am extremely pleased with the results and driveway looks great. Thank you I will be calling on you in the future.

FM from Toronto

Hired Dave this summer for a driveway sealing job.
The quote was reasonable and he started working promptly.
We had to pay in advance as we had leave before we could see the finished job completed. Dave told me not to worry, that he is a professional and everything would be done to my satisfaction... Well not quite.
While I'm not a pro, it seemed to me that some cracks were filled but most were not, but it's hard to judge for me as I trust that Dave knows what needed to be done.
The thing that really disappointed me was that a small patch of driveway was not sealed right in the middle. So we have this nicely sealed driveway (black), with a patch that was just missed (grey).
I reached out to Dave multiple times to see if he come fix it, but each time he gave me excuses as to why he could not come to do the work. I tried him several times, waited over three moths, he promised that he would drop by multiple times but in the end he never did. He got paid 100%, but the job got done at 95%...too bad, it would have been a 5 minute job to fix.

Job Price

Hello FM Im yet to hear from you. This is my 3rd attempt to reach you and trying to see what really is the issue. I've noticed on homestars that you placed another review to another outfit with the same rating 2. I have read there response as well and it seems your not willing to contact them as well. Also you have given them a 2. Im not sure why your not calling me or responding . I've been doing this for 30 years and take pride in what i do and will go out of my way to satisfy all my clients. I still dont know who this is or where this job is. Im convinced your review lacks the real truth or you would have called me by now. Anyways thank you for your review and hopefully I hear from you.
Cheers David

Hi there. Please excuse me for not calling you by your first name . Based on the information you wrote as your name was review by FM

I am shocked to to hear and what I just had read . I don't know even who you are or your name or where this job is.?

So I'm not going to make any comments at this time until I have more information and details .
This is my second attempt in reaching out to you so please get back to me as soon as possible so we can solve this matter and move on
I have been waiting for 4 days so far and yet no response
if you are concerned and really disappointed you would have called me or emailed me back by now.. As soon as you posted this review I responded within a couple of minutes you posted this reviewposted this I responded within two minutes after and you did not respond.

Please call me at the office at 416-841-8072 or via email and let's see what we could do if there is something serious that needs to be attended which I doubt very much

Thank you FM have a wonderful day and I wait for your response before the long weekend

Stevely

I called AC or aka Dave to look into resealing my driveway. My driveway is only 5 years old with no structural issues; cracks or anything. I noted to Dave that there were a few key areas that " ran" even though a year earlier the Acrylic stuff could not cover. He said his tar, "the real deal "would cover this - I banked on it.I'm old school and Dave and I shook on our business. He noted he guarantees his work. He did a very good job but after 2 days - after I allowed the tar to settle and cure / with no driving etc. the same areas bled through showing he original pavement area.My concern with AC is "time management".Getting he original appt., returning calls or texts, keeping appts, remembering addresses, keeping schedules with booked times.If u r ok with chasing and tracking - then you should have no worries. Dave - did eventually back up his word - and he came back to re- coat all the areas that needed it.I am pleased!Many thanks, Dave.

Job Price

Hey Steve. Thank you for your review. I understand you had an accident while placing this review.. You wanted to place a 8 or a 10 i believe and you accidentally pressed a 4
Not a problem. All you need to do is go back in homestars and change the number. Or call the head office. Your welcome . I aim to satisfy . Sorry for the delay in timing and scheduling. You caught me in the most busiest time of the season, I also gave you first priority within the first 2 weeks of your first call. But im glad that we were able to look after the driveway. Your stains were really bad which we had to come back to apply another coat. Cheers Dave

Simon in Aurora
7 reviews York Regional Municipality, ON

The driveway had receded by as much as four inches. It was also in need of sealing. I contacted Asphalt Care. I booked an appointment with Daniel. He was passionate about the work they do and the quality.

I am not an expert on roads or driveway paving, but from what I saw, the work, and materials were in line with what I saw used in paving roads. The asphalt used to repair is not the cheap stuff bought at the local hardware store, but actually asphalt.

They spent just over two hours to do the repair and it is clear the quality is there.

While more expensive than others, the results are also better. They told me I should not have to have the driveway sealed for two to three years.

As others have said, they are respectful and polite.

Thanks for the effort guys!

More about Asphalt Care - Driveway Sealing & Repairs

Paving Contractors WELCOME TO ASPHALT CARE Since 1985 Services for Residential Driveways & Parking Lots. We repair asphalt all year round including winter Specializing in Asphalt Repairs, Paving, Driveway Sealing, Pothole Repairs, Catch Basin Repairs, Drainage Issues, Driveway Repairs, Trench Waterproof Patching Along the side ...