Sobie's Appliance Repairs

Reviews for Sobie's Appliance Repairs

Sheilah from Leaside
Sheilah from Leaside

Refrigerator repair

Sobie’s was able to reschedule service calls to check on my inoperative refrigerator. They even arrived early. The problem was diagnosed quickly and the repairs completed. They left written instructions on how to get the temperature back on a timely basis. GREAT SERVICE!!!

Dishwasher stopped draining - company fixed it... broke something else

My dishwasher stopped draining and I was just out of the warranty period. Fridgidaire gave me 3 companies in the Toronto that they recommend/have access to their parts. Sobies was the first option and the first I called. The wait for an appointment was 2.5 weeks. Which is fine. The repairman was very nice and fixed the drainage problem. The problem is that the first time I ran the dishwasher the little spinning thing at the bottom melted on the hot ring. It was apparent that the repairman had taken it off and then not put it back correctly - or perhaps forgot to. No big deal. Accidents happen. I phone the company to explain and then:
1) The guy said the best he could do is split the cost of repair with me. I of course pushed back. He finally agreed to split the cost of the part with me, but he wouldn't charge me for labour... to fix their own mistake...
2) The kicker is that - they actually never ordered the part and I've never heard from them again. My dishwasher remains broken. I've worked up a makeshift fix but it will need to be replaced.

J in Toronto
J in Toronto

Inept and Rude Service

Only opening they would give was three weeks away. Was forced to deal with them by manufacturer (as my fridge was still under warranty). Technician asked my wife to get down on the floor to ensure ice maker was on rather than check for himself. Two days later, the problem (no ice) persisted. We called and were told to wait another 24 hrs. After 24 hrs, we called again and were told that they would be out to see us in one week. We informed them that this was unacceptable and were told that "you live too far away." When we stated that we were unhappy and would be calling the manufacturer, they responded: "Please do."

Mary from Toronto
Mary from Toronto

appliance repair

Jan. 30, 2013
I have used them for both warranty and billable work so have just used an objective figure for cost. I have used this company in several instances and have been very happy with the quality of service. Both Meboob and Kair have always been very knowledgeable as well as pleasant and courteous. I have also referred many other people to them and have always only had good feed back. As an extremely satisfied customer I will continue to use them and refer others to them.

Larry Timberland  from Toronto
Larry Timberland from Toronto

Dishwasher and Dryer

I have used Sobies appliance on many occasions for various repairs. This service company along with their technician are amongst the top I have ever come across. Professional advice and service provided on time and with a smile.They charge a very reasonable rate and ensure you are completely satisfied with their work. I suggest any one looking for an appliance service company that you can place on speed dail look no further then Sobies Appliance, you will not be disappointed.

F in Toronto
F in Toronto

Fast, friendly, knowledgeable service

This is the "appliance" arm of Sobie's--there is a company by the same name that does BBQs which, I am told, separated from the appliance repair business. I can vouch for the latter business, which I and my family have used many times for various issues. These guys do not oversell, as most of the problems they have fixed for me were resolved within the first hour (for which there is a minimum fee anyhow). They are reasonably priced (not cheap) and clearly know appliances, old and new, and respond very quickly to a call.