Ciot Toronto Inc

Tile & Stone Retailers
Toronto ON
HomeStars  >  Tile & Stone Retailers in Toronto  >  Ciot Toronto Inc

Reviews for Ciot Toronto Inc

All about the almighty dollar - not customer service

I had been looking for kitchen counters for a few months when I finally found a lovely piece of stone that was smaller and that they said they could sell to me at a good price. They referred me to a fabricator to price my job, so then I continued my conversation with the fabricator, which is normal. After just one week, I had received a quote from the fabricator and was ready to put my order in for the entire job. It was then that I found out that they had sold my stone. I was told that, even if something is on hold, if someone comes in and is ready to pay, they will sell the product to that customer. Even the fabricator was surprised and said that is unusual practice. Not only was I brushed off, I did not receive any sort of apology. I'm not impressed.

Good Day,
I would like to thank you for taking the time out of your day to write this review and to bring this to our attention. I have read your review and would like to apologize for the negative experience that you had encountered. I understand your disappointment, and apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused you. Our top priority at Ciot Inc. is for our clients to be satisfied with their experience. With that being said we do have a tagging procedure within Ciot for all of our clients. Tagging a stone of your choice is a selection only of the stone you wish to use, it does not put the slab on hold, nor guarantee it will be available for your fabricator. It seems that this was not made clear to you during your visit. We would like to assist you further with this discrepancy, to see if we can have a positive resolution on this situation, if you would like to reach out to the Ciot Client Relations Representative, please feel free to at any time at: apalomares@ciot.com . I look forward to hearing from you. Thank You Kindly, Ciot Inc. - Client Relations.

Samantha Sannella in Barrie
Samantha Sannella in Barrie

Great Customer Service

I have bought tile and stone from CIOT over the years and they are always wonderful to deal with. Rudy B is a great sales rep and extremely knowledgable about tile and stone.

Al. B. in Toronto
Al. B. in Toronto

good product and selections

I had a good experience at Ciot. I had design help from my contractor before heading there and I was able to find what we had discussed. I didn't feel the need to have to look elsewhere afterwards. My work has since been completed and I am very happy with my original choices.

Andrew from Toronto
Andrew from Toronto
1 review ,

bathroom Reno

i purchased some Tiles from Ciot and had nothing but a bad experience. STAY away from Andrew in sales. Horrible customer service and doesn't know how to do his job.

He tried selling me tiles that was not in stock/ discontinued and figured when i was about to pay. Ended up having to pick new tiles.
I specifically told him to make sure i got extra tiles for the job. I ended up short. very short. When tiles arrived at warehouse, the first time, and the 2nd(had to reorder some more due to his messup) i never got a call from him that they arrived.

I contacted customer service regarding the issue in the morning. The lady said she was going to looking into this and call you right back. I never got a call back that day with an update.

Long story short, STAY AWAY from CIOT.

Michael Da Silva in Etobicoke
Michael Da Silva in Etobicoke
2 reviews ETOBICOKE, ON

Slate Tiles for Kitchen

The staff at Ciot was very helpful when it came time for us to renovate the kitchen. My wife wanted something different so we decided to go there for slate. They were really great in explaining the maintenance and installation etc and the delievery was quick and reasonable.

tonka27
tonka27
8 reviews Woodbridge, ON

15 sqaure feet of tile for a shower

Ciot is the poorest run operation I have ever seen in my entire life. If they can grow to be this big, then anyone is capable of running a tile business 4 times bigger! They have no customer friendly policies or procedures in place to handle basic customer sales. They do not make things easy for people and they really don't seem to care. It's a shame that some companies work so hard and strive to please while others sit back and don't do anything but they grow and make tons of money.

1) purchased tile - was told that 10 tiles were in stock and 5 back ordered from montreal. See another customer complaining that his tiles were back ordered for over 4 weeks now. Drive around to the back warehouse and all the tile is in stock.
2) we decide to exchange the unused tile. told that the new tile we want is back ordered from montreal.
3) tile is in, pick it up, get to the site, open the box, its the wrong tile. go back to store. told to go to warehouse. warehouse not only gave me the wrong tile, they gave me too much of it. A lady is screaming at them in the warehouse because her tile is broken and looks like crap. Warehouse guy responds saying they only put the best tiles in the batch on display in the showroom(?). They did not have the correct tile in stock, so he gave me a yellow slip saying that I returned the tile. Went to the front with the yellow slip. Tony told me it will be ordered tomorrow. I asked if I get a refund because I am now leaving with no tile and it's already paid. He said no, he wrote it down.
4) Called Tony the next day and asked if the tile was ordered. He said yes come in the late morning tomorrow.
5) Arrive at 1.00pm the next day to get tile. Tony says "the refund was issued, so I need the visa card to run it through." I asked if I could have the refund slip for my records and he could not provide it. I said I was not comfortable with paying again unless I had a refund slip. He said the lady that issues this slip is out at lunch and would be back in an hour. I said this is a real inconvenience, and he didn't seem concerned as he receives complaints all day.
6) I waited in my car for 20 minutes and went back in to ask if the lady was back from lunch. She was. He explained the situation to her and she whispered back to him and then went upstairs. Another customer complained and mumbled "what a f'n waste of my time," as he walked out. Tony looked over and said ok to me. I went over and he printed an invoice and handed it to me. He said just go to the back and your all set. I said "that's it we're done?" He said yes, so I left without giving him my visa again. Obviously, there was no refund issud like he said.
7) go to the back and the guy says I have to go to the other warehouse down the street (three buildings over). I said "are you sure?" He said "positive." I go to the other warehouse and interupt the guy having a cigarette. He looks at the paperwork and says I have to go to the first warehouse, the truck just left. I go back to the first warehouse and my small order of just 15 tiles are there waiting.
I will never, ever, use this company again.

Looking for Tile & Stone Retailers pros in Toronto?