Insulation Police Ltd

Reviews for Insulation Police Ltd

YouCanToo
YouCanToo
3 reviews St. Albert, AB

Summer Cool / Winter Warm Now!!

Very satisfied with Insulation Police's work and diagnosis of three separate attics plus basement and garage. Really knowledgeable and didn't try to upsell. We decided on a locally manufactured product and the insulation proved itself over the hot summer. WOW! We rarely had to turn on the AC. Insulation is key for sure!
Insulation Police really compromised their schedule to work with our roofing contractor. Attic work was meticulous as well as arduous - the team was in the attic during a really hot spell in June. IMPRESSIVE!
Highly recommended. Couldn't have a better crew!

My crew works very hard and are very dependable .
We strive in making sure there is nothing missed as far as details to insulating a problem job that a homeowner needs fixed because of ice damning or moisture on the drywall.
We install the wallbar and problem solved.
Plus you know the old saying which is very true

"Warmer in the winter. Cooler in the summer "

I. P. Team

Private User reviews Edmonton, AB

10 years later...

I had my entire house, garage and garage suite insulated a decade ago and this is a follow-up on that job. I was around during the entire initial procedure with the guys and I have to say I was delighted with the quality of work and attention to detail at the time (for example, proper filling right to the attic edges in the hard to get-to areas and leaving an air gap for soffit breathing). Now, 10 years after, the product is still holding up well. I haven't noticed any settling in the walls and the attics still look great. A decade ago, it wasn’t clear if cellulose or foam would be the preferred material. All I can say is that I’m pleased with the long-term outcome with the Weathershield Cellulose Insulation.

Thank you very much for the feed back on cellulose insulation. I truly Believe that it is mother nature is Insulation recycled cardboard and newspaper treated with borate makes it fire rodent and insect and mildew resistant. It is the longest insulation on the market and will last 100's of years.
Thank you for this 10'year update its much appreciated
Greg and. Team

Private User reviews Edmonton, AB

Insulation

They were recommended by Nomad Roofing. These guys were really friendly and even repaired the hole in my chimney, free of charge. I really appreciated that.

The cost was good. We had to put up plastic ourselves to keep the cellulose from getting into our crawlspace. For the first month or two there was a smell and some dust, but this is no longer the case.

Our roof looks well insulated in the winter (very few melt patterns compared to neighbours). But it still gets very hot upstairs in the summer, which was a major reason to get new insulation in the first place. I'm not sure if that's the insulation's fault or not -- I guess heat travels upwards and it's a semi-bungalow.

Semi bungalows are a challenge to insulate properly if you do not have a tthermigraphy camera which we use as all the old insulation needs to be removed before we install the Wallbar high density cellulose insulation. The camera shows us we a perfect fit of insulation.
To keep your upstairs cool you need to install a small fan in the warm south window at night pulling cool night air threw the bedrooms. In the morning 7 -8 am close all wondows and window coverings. Your top floor will stay cool most of the day. You can also put your furnace on summer and suck cool air from the basement only and blow it to the upstairs bedrooms. I suggest using this method if you want a cool upstairs

Rick & Sue in Redwater
Rick & Sue in Redwater
1 review Redwater, AB

Ceiling insulation

Bruce and Kelly showed up when they promised, which is not always the case for contractors in rural Alberta. They were professional, reliable, skillful, efficient, helpful, and safe. They had the right equipment for the job. This was the best care my 60 year old farm house received in a long time. They brought our attic insulation up to R50 and installed a whirlybird. By useing that hole as an access point they minimized disruption and mess in the house. Happy wife

Thank you for appreciating my men's hard work and dedication to their job.
It was a pleasure working with you and for you. Enjoy your warmer home this winter

Thank. You

I. P. TEAM

GAllan Family in Edmonton
GAllan Family in Edmonton

Three Times is a Charm!

We just completed our 3rd total house inslation project spread out over the last 13 years with Greg, Bruce and the Insulation Police team! In 2005 - they helped us transform a 1951 bungalow by insulated it’s empty wall cavities, painstakingly and carefully removing the asbestos attic insulation and replacing it with R50 weather shield insulation! We enjoyed the warmth of our home for 8 years before taking the plunge and building a new home where the Insulation Police team did the whole house - including sound proofing between floors! And now - a 1929 home...with no wall insulation at all and only wood chips in the attic cane itnto our lives...and another job for the Insulation Police beckoned! This time - Greg helped us navigate the Energy Efficency Alberta rebate program - doing all the paperwork whilst expertly his team filled our empty wall cavities, added sound insulation between floors and gave us R50 in all 4 irregular attic spaces in our home! All this to say - no job too hard, too big or too intimidating for Greg and the Insulation Police. They show up on time each day, they work hard, do the little extras, keep the site clean and just genuinely take pride in their work. And to top it all off - they thermograph their finished work and if necessary rectify any gaps...and they do this in the open view of the homeowner! No secrets; no shortcuts!

Al in all - I am a very
Satisfied customer - three times over!

Thank you Gregor and Melita for this fantastic review!!
We at Insulation Police Ltd. strive on reviews like this as we take immense pride and professionalism in all of our insulation projects to get repeat customers like yourselves.
We appreciated all the work you and Melita helped with along the way (especially working all day on Sunday) to get your project completed in the short time frame that was required.
Thank you for choosing our company THREE times for your insulation and acoustical upgrades,we look forward to working with you again should you require our services in the future!
All the very best
Greg, Bruce and Crew

Murray in Edmonton
Murray in Edmonton
1 review Edmonton, AB

Removed old insulation and installed New insulation after insurance claim

After our ceiling started to fall down after someone stepped on the ceiling , the insulation police came on time and removed the old insulation and went beyond the call. They found the reason why we where getting insulation particles into our home which no one else could before our ceiling was damaged. The problem was fixed before they installed the new insulation , and before they left they made sure that we were satisfied, and if any problems arise do not hesitate to phone them.

Murry
Thank you for this review .
We always treat every customers' house like it is our own and make sure problems are solved and customer is completely satisfied with our services.
We won the Homestars " Insulator of the Year" award for 2018 which is a reflection of the pride we take in our company and the service we provide to customers like yourself.
Thank you again for choosing Insolation Police Ltd. For your insulation project!
Good referrals are a fantastic testament to our good work!
Greg and Crew.

Sherilynn from Edmonton
Sherilynn from Edmonton
3 reviews Edmonton, AB

Insulation replacement in tricky roof

We have a 4-level split with an incredibly low-pitched, cottage style roof on the upper level. The existing insulation was TERRIBLE making the house practically uninhabitable.

The Insulation Police removed the insulation from the upper level and blew in cellulose. In the corners, where there was previously ZERO insulation, they creatively (and with our permission) drilled holes in the ceiling to blow insulation directly into the corners. The difference was astounding!

And a few years later, when we discovered a tiny problem in one corner, they didn't hesitate to fix it for us.

I highly recommend them.

(The cost was high due to the difficulty and scope of the job. It isn't indicative of the average job.)

Thank you Sherilynn.
Difficult jobs is what my company thrives at doing any one can do the easy jobs. It was our thermography camera that shows us exactly where we need to install our cellulose high density thermal insulation system.
It was great working with you.

john in Edmonton
john in Edmonton

attic insulation

I met the Insulation Police at the Home Show in Edmonton.
I set up a site meeting with the owner.
He arrived at my site as per our discussions, he was very knowledgable
and capable.
I had a challenge in the attic that was unique.
He was able to resolve my concerns and requests.
We set up an install date, his crew arrived, laid down some drop sheets on the stairs to the attic access, completed their tasks ,and cleaned up the work site.
I was very satisfied with the end results, and the homeowners where
thrilled with the change.

It was a pleasure to meet you at the Trade Show and help you on your clients insulation project,
We are an approved contractor for the Alberta Energy Rebate Program, and have submitted your clients forms for a rebate to help offset the cost of their insulation upgrade

Greg and crew

Mr H.
Mr H.
1 review Whitecourt, AB

Complete new home insulation, including cellulose and spray foam.

Excellent work, as promised. Came to location when requested, completed project as needed and remained on budget. Followed up with thermal scan camera to ensure Home was securely insulated. Thanks again crew!!

Mr. H
It was a pleasure working with such a knowledgeable
Builder like yourself.

Eric Dang from Edmonton
Eric Dang from Edmonton
2 reviews Edmonton, AB

Attic and exterior insulation

A big thanks to Greg, Bruce and crew for upgrading our insulation in our home. We are very happy we went with them to improve our insulation. They were very knowledgeable, professional and kind to me and my family. I wouldn't hesitate hiring them again for future jobs.

Thanks for the review Eric, a house with cantelevers and overhangs is going to have cold floors when insulated with fibreglass batts, now that we have removed the batts and replaced it with the Weather-shield high density cellulose thermal insulation system, you will now enjoy a much warmer home,
Greg and Crew

More about Insulation Police Ltd

Insulation Police Ltd., has been operating in Edmonton and surrounding areas since 1995, Owner/Operator Greg Chacalias has been providing exceptional customer service in the insulation industry,
Certified in spay on polyurethane foam, and specialize in the Weathershield cellulose insulation system-the most environmentally friendly insulation product on the market today.
We are a Core Certified Company with an A+rating with the Better Business Bureau, and approved as a Participating Contractor for the Alberta Energy Rebate Program.