Restoration Hardwood Floors

Floor Laying & Refinishing
1181 Grant St. Vancouver BC V6A 2J7
HomeStars  >  Floor Laying & Refinishing in North Vancouver  >  Restoration Hardwood Floors

Reviews for Restoration Hardwood Floors

Adrian Podwinski in New Westminster
Adrian Podwinski in New Westminster
1 review New Westminster, BC

Floor Refinishing

After talking to a few companies when it came to refinishing our floors, it became quite clear that we were going to work with Lee and his team. From first impressions, Lee was very organized and professional. When he came to quote the project, he was timely, accurate and came right on point with the price; not a penny more. Igancio is a master at what he does. He is very friendly, quick, and really makes it look effortless. We had a mix of original 1938 oak and fir flooring that required sanding and sealing and boy are the results amazing. We are so happy to have chosen to work with Lee and his team and will happily recommend his company to anyone looking to refinish their floors.

Adrian and Nadja Podwinski

Hi Adrian,
Thank you very much for taking the time to let others know how we did. We are always proud of the work we do and are glad you're so happy with the results. As usual, I will make sure to pass on your expressions to the crew.
If there is anything I can be of assistance with in the future, please do not hesitate to call.

Gian in Toronto
Gian in Toronto
1 review Burnaby, BC

Restoration of hardwood floors

This company restored my original hardwood floors which used to be under carpet. Ignacio and his guys did an amazing job. They transformed my water marked oak floors into a damn good looking floor. I received positive remarks from friends. Ignacio and his team stained my floors with Jacobean and finished it with 2 coats of Bona traffic. I am appreciative of Ignacio's skills of restoring old hard floors. He is patient of explaining all my concerns and questions. At first I'm not a believer of stained hardwood floor but watching his processes and clean work is all worth the money. It could have been perfect (5 stars) if not of the poor workmanship done to install the floor baseboard, not Ignacio's work or fault. Overall I'm happy and satisfied of my restored hardwood floor. The light espresso stain highlighted the beautiful grain of oak wood. The surface is matte, not shiny, and smooth. I would like also to thank Lee, the company manager for his professionalism and thorough follow in coordinating this job. If given another similar project to work on I will definitely ask for Ignacio to do the work again. Thank you Ignacio and Lee. From Susan A. Burnaby BC. Work done on August 21-28, 2017.

Thank you very much Susan. I will let Ignacio know how happy you are. Regarding the baseboard installer, we have since had several training periods with him to make sure his workmanship is up to our high standards. My apologies.
If you have any questions or concerns in the future, please do not hesitate to call.

Lee Cordey | Business & Development Manager
778-926-3220

Marleneb in
Marleneb in

Hardwood refinishing

We are very happy with the job Restoration Hardware have done. They were efficient throughout the whole process from first contact until finish. The two men that came to do the work were polite and curteous. Our floors look wonderful. I would recommend this company to others.

Hi Marlene,
Thank you for the review. It's great to hear you're enjoying your floors and how the entire process went along. I will be sure to let the crew know.
Have a great summer!

Sylvie K in
Sylvie K in
1 review Vancouver, BC

Hardwood floor sanding and finishing

Excellent work, accomplished as planned, and good communication with Lee. I was worried about the dust, but there was none!
my wooden floor is now a lot lighter than previously -i was warned very clearly about it -and I love it so much that I did not not want to put the furniture back. I would recommend this company.

Good morning Sylvie,
Thank you for the review. I'm glad there were no surprises, as I always try to explain everything really clearly.
Do not hesitate to call if we can be of anymore help in the future. Have a great weekend!

Brenda in
Brenda in

refinish hardwood floors

I am very pleased with my refinished hardwood floors. My house is old and the floors were in rough shape but Restoration Hardwood Floors did an excellent job and the floors look beautiful. The cost was reasonable and Lee and his crew are very friendly and professional. I highly recommend this company.

Brenda McRae

Thank you very much Brenda. I will be sure to let Arek know how much you like his craftsmanship. Please let me know if I can be of any further help in the future.

ads in Vancouver, British Columbia
ads in Vancouver, British Columbia
7 reviews Vancouver, BC

Restoration Hardwood saved the day!

We did a huge main floor reno that involved removing everything, including the kitchen, and stripped everything down to the floor joists. It took weeks to get everything done, leveled, drywalled, ducted, etc., then we finally got the subfloor down and all we had to do was put down the hardwood we ordered. Home stretch!

EXCEPT we discovered the hardwood supplier (Lauzon) had sent the wrong colour of floor. And it came from Quebec. And they didn't even make the colour we ordered anymore. And it would take four weeks to get a replacement. And in the meantime we'd have to rent other accommodation for a month and move twice. Nightmare.

The better/faster option was to lay the floor and refinish it instead, and Restoration Hardwood stepped in to save the day! We called mid-week one week, and by Monday they were onsite refinishing the floor. By Friday it was completely done, and done beautifully, and on the next Monday we were able to resume the renos. Such a relief.

Total pros, easy to deal with and do great work, and absolutely saved our butts. What's not to love?

Hi Jennifer! It was our pleasure to come and work on your home. I'm glad we were able to relieve some of the stress you guys were going through. From our conversations afterwards, it is great to hear how pleased you are with the work. And once the final floor protection comes up, I'm sure you'll be enjoying them for years to come.

1 review Vancouver, BC

Oak Hallway and Fir Kitchen Floors restored!

We had our floors refinished while we were away at Spring Break. What a nice surprise to see such beautiful floors when we arrived home. I always get three quotes for any work/projects done at the house and Restoration Hardwood came in at a fair price. Thanks Lee (Estimator) and Devin the worker bee! :)

Thank you for your review. It is always great to hear from a happy customer. I will be sure to tell Devin how pleased you are. Do not hesitate to call if we can be of any help in the future. As a reminder, we also supply and install new hardwood and carpet floors, as well as tile for bathrooms, kitchens and other areas throughout your home.

Cleveland in Surrey
Cleveland in Surrey
1 review Surrey, BC

Home floor refinishing

When the company we originally contracted was not able to start the job, I contacted Lee from Restoration Hardwood Floors and was willing to step in despite the tight deadline and short notice.

Everything was done in the most professional manner. Lee came to check out the house personally, provided a quote that is within our budget and promised the job will be done on time and our floor would look amazing!

That is exactly what we got. Professionally refinished hardwood floor that looks amazing and it was done on time.

Thank you, Lee and Restoration Hardwood Floors. I would recommend you to any friend or family!!

Thank very much for the great review Cleveland. I will let the crew know that you're so happy. If you have any questions down the line, please do not hesitate to call.

Thanks again,

Kathryn in Vancouver BC
Kathryn in Vancouver BC
2 reviews Vancouver, BC

Hardwood flooring on entrance stairs (replacing carpet)

We wanted the carpet on our entrance stairs and small landing replaced with hardwood. We contacted a few flooring companies and Lee got back to us right away and gave us the best quote. His workers did the job in less than 1 day, so disruption was minimal. At first we were a bit disappointed with the job as there were gaps visible between the wall and some of the stairs. However, as soon as we informed Lee of the problem he came and looked at it immediately. And within an hour had one of his guys back to fix it. We were really impressed at how seriously he took this error and how quickly it was resolved. Now we have lovely hardwood stairs. I would definitely recommend Restoration Hardwood Floors to friends and family.

Hi Kathryn,

Thank you for great your review. As the owner it's always great to here positive feedback about your sales and installation teams! Lee thanks you as well.

Murray Macintyre
Owner-Restoration Hardwood Ltd

Emilia in Coquitlam
Emilia in Coquitlam
1 review Port Moody, BC

Hardwood floor re-finishing

We had our oak floors re-finished this week and I'm very pleased with the results. From the initial consult to the workmanship, the team at Hardwood Restoration were knowledgeable, professional & friendly. We would not hesitate in recommending them to friends and neighbours.

Thank you for your kind words Emilia. We work very hard to make sure that we always provide a fantastic end product. I will be sure to pass this onto Arek, as our workers always appreciate hearing a response like this.
Do not hesitate to call in the future if you have any questions, concerns, or need help with any other hardwood, carpet or tile needs.

More about Restoration Hardwood Floors

Restoration Hardwood Floors in Vancouver specializes in hardwood floor refinishing, hardwood installation and hardwood repairs. We also sell pre-finished, unfinished and engineered hardwood flooring available in a variety of widths lengths and thickness. Hardwood species that we carry include Oak, spruce, cherry, maple, bamboo, ash and many exotic wood species.