Xpress Heating & Air Conditioning

Toronto ON
HomeStars  >  Heating & Air Conditioning in Toronto  >  Xpress Heating & Air Conditioning

Reviews for Xpress Heating & Air Conditioning

Mel
Mel

Half finished job

We hired Steve (the owner - company also referred to as Aire Comfort) to install an attic AC system. We ended up deciding on a A Goodman 4 ton air handler unit with evaporator model ARUF49C14 to be specific. On the second week in October we paid him $4400 as a deposit for purchasing the parts with the final bill amounting to $6400 after labour/install is complete. Five days after providing a deposit, Steve showed up to deliver the Multi-Positional Air Handler - specifically the Goodman ARUF49C14. This is a value of $800 US. He didn't do any work the day he delivered the unit but returned the following day to work on installing the ARUF49C14. After his departure we reached out to ask when he would return the next day to continue working on the installation. He stated shortly after 8 am but by noon, we saw that he hadn't shown up. His response was that he was dealing with personal problems.

Ten days following the original transaction we reached out Steve asking when he planned on returning to complete the work. He stated the following day. He came and worked part of a day and informed us that he would return the next day to complete the work. Three days past and Steve didn't come back. He finally responded to us on the fourth day stating that it had suddenly gotten busy for him during the cold snap. We still weren't sure when he would be returning though. He responded in a text message that he will 'make sure he is done on Monday'. The Monday came and Steve didn't arrive. On Tuesday however, Steve did show up to work. To our surprise, he still didn't have the condenser. The condenser is the most expensive part of this unit. The GSX160481 model, which we require, retails for $1350 US. The Tuesday that Steve came would be the last day we saw him at the house.

We made several attempts to reach Steve following this. What astonished us was that following that Tuesday, he told us, not once, or twice, but 4 times that he would either arrive on a specific date to complete the work, and/or he would call us back. I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt each time until the last time I spoke to him when I called him from a number he didn't recognize and consequently, he answered. He informed me that he was 'on his way and would be there in an hour. He was just picking up the other part'. Shocking, Steve never arrived. What's more shocking is that I actually believed him.

I realize that I'm likely out of money on this but I think it's important to warn others as I'm sure there are many who have fallen victim to this.

Jas in Scarborough Ontario
Jas in Scarborough Ontario
2 reviews Scarborough, ON

New Furnace, Duct Work and Water Heater

It was a pleasure having Steve replace my old furnace, water heater, duct work and other stuff that would have cost much more. Great customer service and exceptional quality of work. He does what you want not what he wants, no job is too small or too big. No pressure, just good business.
Jas