Valley Siding & Window

Reviews for Valley Siding & Window

annie.saint.amour in Ottawa
annie.saint.amour in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

First batch of windows for our house

Almost all the windows in the home we bought had to be changed. Valley was recommended to us by my husband's parents. Everything was fine, except that they didn't caulk the windows on the inside of the house and we were told we needed to do it ourselves. Not sure if this is common practice, but it's not a big deal anyway.

Basically, we were pretty happy and were fully planning on calling on them to change the remaining windows. But, recently, we took down the drapes in one of the room to repaint and found a crack in the drywall at the upper corner and a small spot of wet drywall at the bottom corner on the left side of this one window. We called them to come have a look at it, as we suspected this was an issue that might have stemmed from the installation of this one window. The woman in charge of service was really horrible. Ended up passing the phone to who I suspect was the owner of the company, all the while I was talking with him, I could hear her argue in the background. Now, to be fully transparent, I should mention that it is true that the windows were installed four years prior. I don't know, while it may seem like a long time, this isn't a car part, I expected them to at least come and look...

**Update: Since my initial review, the owner came and had a look at the window. He inspected it and we discussed at length the situation and, while it is still unclear where the issues stemmed from, I plan on patching the wall with putty and I'm now fairly confident there is no reason for the issue to repeat itself.

So I would say, I am happy with the windows themselves - they are well constructed. I have some doubts about the damages, but I'm willing to consider that it might be a fluke due to the age of the house as this wouldn't be unheard of. The main reason I'm hesitant at giving more than three stars, and perhaps I'm being a bit unfair, is because I think the company can improve the client services and relations. Both my husband and I found the lady on the phone to be quite abrasive and interacting with her was never something we looked forward to. We ended up playing hot potato when we had to call. ***

CF from Ottawa
CF from Ottawa
2 reviews Ottawa, ON

Window replacement

Good service and timely sevice. Redid all the windows in the house and did some siding work. Price on par with other companies. Would recommend them and use them again.

Marie-Claude  from Ottawa
Marie-Claude from Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

Siding

I am satisfied with the level of service and I really appreciate the prompt way my concerns were handled for my job. The workmanship is exemplary and I have to say, the house siding looks fantastic. Management takes care of their customers, which is always appreciated.

Review has 1 previous version
peggyRitchie in Ottawa
peggyRitchie in Ottawa
2 reviews Ottawa, ON

Picture window

the estimate was bang on
service was terrific, clean up was grand and the window they installed was above our expectations, They even called two weeks later to see if everything was to our liking. Ask for Gaetan he is very knowledgeable.

Dwight in Stittsville
Dwight in Stittsville
3 reviews STITTSVILLE, ON

Front entry door

Only vendor that siad they could replace a double door with a single (36") and still keep 2 side lights - bonus we were able to have them both open as well. (Most other vendors were able only o have one side light and none offered for the side lights to open.)

The entire process of selection, ordering and installation was super easy - only issue is it took a little longer then expected for delivery - but absolutely worth the extra week or so wait for the product. Product was delivered as expected and installed much faster than expected - installers cleaned up after installation and took old door away.

Suzanne Perron from Gloucester
Suzanne Perron from Gloucester
2 reviews Gloucester, ON

Windows & doors

My experience with this company was very positive. I love the quality and look of the product and the installers were extremely polite, friendly and professional - very careful not to damage anything in my home, The sales person was very helpful and easy to negotiate with. Very happy customer here.

Colin Mombourquette in Orleans
Colin Mombourquette in Orleans
2 reviews ORL, ON

Window and door replacement

Of the 6 contractors that we contacted to provide estimates for the replacement of most of the windows and doors on our 40-year old house, Valley Siding & Window proved to be amongst the most knowledgeable and provided competitive pricing.

When the work was being done, the carpenters were highly skilled, very tidy and effecient at removing the old and installing the new windows. We were quite impressed at their skill in installing metal trim work around some of the windows to match existing trim on the house.

Overall, a great job by friendly, skilled folks who we would gladly do business with again.,

Sarah in Orleans
Sarah in Orleans
4 reviews ORL, ON

Had windows fitted through the house

We had our windows fitted a few years ago. The service was quite satisfactory. The windows fitted well, and there were never problems with leaks or air getting through, and they looked nice as well.

Nancy Peterson in Armour
Nancy Peterson in Armour

Total window replacement - residence

Very satisfied with total experience - estimate, measuring, manufacture, installation. Very professional staff. High quality windows. No nasty surprises. Would highly recommend. They were recommended to us and we were not at all disappointed..
Bob and Marianne - Ottawa. DJM

More about Valley Siding & Window

Valley Siding & Windows has built a solid reputation as top choice among consumers in the Ottawa region for more than 30 years. Are you looking for new home exterior options, or energy efficiency doors and windows? We are here to help. Call us at 613-744-8699 for a free estimate.