HomeStars  >  Handyman Services in Ottawa  >  Golden Years Handyman Services

Winn in Ottawa
Winn in Ottawa
7 reviews Ottawa, ON

Window Washing

Mid-May my windows were washed by Andrew and another young man. The men were easy to get along with but the following day I quickly realized that the windows were streaky. I was in touch with both Andrew and Amy however their poor work was never rectified even though Andrew said that he would return. Amy never followed up with me. I couldn't recommend this firm to my neighbours.

September 21, 2019 ... This week I received a phone call for Amy and I've graciously accepted a complimentary window washing in the spring of 2019. I could have accepted it now however I have plans for a major renovation to be done in the front of my house and there will be lots of concrete dust flying. I'll return to complete this review in May 2019. Amy, thanks for understanding.

Our appologies on your experience. We appreciate your feedback. We have left you a message to schedule a new window cleaning should you wish within our one year satisfaction guarentee. We at the time issued a credit immediately for your feedback however we understand your concerns and will do our best to rectify the situation.

Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

Emergency Repairs

My sister recently became ill and could not take care of her home. I traveled from Vancouver to find the house in disrepair. Gardening, electrical, plumbing and complete re-flooring of the basement was required.

I found Golden Years through Google and contacted Amy who provided me with all the resources I needed.

All were professional and saw to the jobs within the first two weeks. Even the flooring in the basement was replaced (carpet ripped out and laminate layed) .

I have again called on Golden Years to deals with pre-sale issues that have been determined and I know I can count of them to get these jobs done.

I don't hesitate for even one second to recommend Golden Years.

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are please we could help with your renovation and ensure a smooth transition for your family.

shelled_19
shelled_19
1 review Ottawa, ON

Garden clean up and planting shrubs

We were ecstatic with the service provided by Golden Ages. They arrived on time and worked diligently on our landscaping. They picked up the plants that we wanted and planted them at the specified location. The crew was so polite and left the place immaculate. We would not hesitate to use them again or recommend them to our friends.

Thank you for your kind words. We are so pleased to hear you had a great experience with Golden Years Handyman Serivces. We appreciate you and are happy you would recommend us to your friends.

Nancy
Nancy

baseboard and ceiling repair

Their work was well done. They were friendly and efficient. They were able to finish the work in a reasonable time frame.

Thank you Nancy! We appreciate you sharing your experience with Golden Years Handyman Services. You are a pleasure to serve Nancy!

Gayle L.
Gayle L.

Family Room Painting

Thank you Golden Years Handyman Services for the clean job painting my family room, I am pleased with the quality workmanship.

It was a pleasure to work with you Gayle. Thank you for sharing your experience was a safe and clean one with Golden Years Handyman Services. Your new paint colour is bright and cheery.

Silvana from Ottawa
Silvana from Ottawa
4 reviews Nepean, ON

Bathroom

Very professional and all work was completed with more than best professionalism. I would recommend this company to anyone who would like a repair. Customer was totally satisfied in each stage of the work.

Thanks very much for your kind words Silvana.

Richard  Whitbread from Ottawa
Richard Whitbread from Ottawa
3 reviews Ottawa, ON

Bathroom tiling and grouting

We contracted Golden Years Handyman Plus (GYHP) to do some tiling in a bathroom we were renovating. They were responsible for tiling the entire tub/shower surround area and a half wall behind the toilet and vanity. We did the tear out, clean up, and prep of the area to be tiled.
Golden Years sent out an employee/subcontractor, Colin, to do the actual work. While the majority of my review is about Colin and his work, as GYHP was the general contractor for this task they bear the responsibility to ensure that they subs they hire are up to the task.
Throughout the job, there were issues with Colin’s apparent lack of attention to detail. We expressly mentioned that we were preparing the house for sale and that aesthetics, as well as proper function was important. What we initially got was function, with little attention to detail or aesthetics. One partial wall had to be torn out and redone as the tiles were placed such that the horizontal grout lines on the partial wall did not align with those on the adjacent wall.
When this was pointed out to him his attitude and demeanor deteriorated as he maintained that it was a perfectly functional wall. I was left with little option but to call GYHP and have them direct their staff to complete the re-installation.
As Colin had double booked himself he could not remain on site to redo his work that day, but rather had to come back on another day to fix his mistake.
The final product looks okay, but it is not up to what my expectations are for a professional installer. Little details like positioning tiles based on what is easiest (less cutting) rather than what looks good were not taken into account; even after getting direction. Details like ensuring that all trim tiles that abutted the window trim were close enough not to warrant an overly large grout line, etc.
Overall, while the room does show improvement and looks better than what was in there to begin with, the overall aesthetics do not reflect what one would expect from a professional.

Thanks for your review Richard. We are constantly improving our process and reviews like this help us as a company.

More about Golden Years Handyman Services

Reliable home repair solutions. Quality workmanship, guaranteed. Do you need a hand with your property? The Golden Years Team Can help with your repairs and renovations as well as your regular property maintenance projects. Our team offers most building and renovation services under one roof by trusted pro's. Our reliable ...
Looking for Handyman Services pros in Ottawa?