Birnie Thos R & Sons Ltd

Plumbing
Birnie Thos R & Sons Ltd

Reviews for Birnie Thos R & Sons Ltd

Private User reviews Niagara Falls, ON

sewer problem and they over charge people

this company over charge me and charge me for membership i rejected but after i gave them my visa they charge me much more than their estimate and they Shaw me invoice in their computer but next day they send me different invoice with different charges my advice never trust this company they are a not trusted people. I had a bad experience it was my first time i called from St. Catherine to Hamilton and i paid for my mistake.

Karen from Toronto
Karen from Toronto
2 reviews Hamilton, ON

Bad service, outrageous pricing

I own a house in Hamilton which is rented out to a family. Their daughter had a bath an water went through the light fixture in the kitchen below. I figured it was probably a problem with the overflow drain and I called this company as I'd seen their trucks around and figured they'd be reliable. I called and spoke to a woman on a Thursday and she told me they wouldn't be able to get to the house before the following Tuesday? This seemed like a long wait but it wasn't an emergency so i agreed to that. I called Tuesday to confirm they were coming and was told the appointment would be for the next day. I arranged for the tenant to be home and she waited without a call or update, as did I. I called them and was told they couldn't make it out until the next day now. This was a full week after I called. The next day Robert came but the water was shut off so he couldn't actually do the work anyway but told me the total cost for the repair (if it was the overflow) would be in the neighborhood of $1000!!!! It would be 175 bucks just to cut a hole in the drywall behind the drain to look at it. I could go on but suffice it to say I found a licensed plumber who charges less than 25% of this company's prices and was available to do the work the next day.

Bairbre in Niagara Falls
Bairbre in Niagara Falls
2 reviews St. Catharines, ON

Repair to 3" Floor Draiin in Basment

Although Birnie and sons completed a project in our basement re positioning the toilet and shower drain as well as moving the laundry lines, the job was done very promptly and their representatives were always courteous and well informed. I have a problem with
the concrete finishing in the basement as it was amateurish.
Relative to this new estimate as stated above we found their
costs were considerable higher than that of the competition.

rick in Welland
rick in Welland
1 review Welland, ON

Sewer relining

We are very pleased with the work completed on our sewer by Bernie Plumbing.
We opted for the lining of the sewer ... job was completed quickly and with very little damage to the landscaping
Gerry helped us make the best decision by answering all our questions reqarding the relining process.
If you are having to replace your sewer ... you owe it to yourself to call Bernie Plumbing for a quote

Rick Philp

Johnny #5 in Hamilton
Johnny #5 in Hamilton
2 reviews Hamilton, ON

Unclog sewer line

Had a partial clog in sewer line causing some sewer back up. Jeff came to the house, cabled the line and cleared the problem. He was also very informative about what we needed to do to prevent future problems and even got our toilets flowing better. I highly recommend this company, especially Jeff, he went above and beyond. Thank you

linda cloutier in Brantford
linda cloutier in Brantford
1 review Brantford, ON

water line replacement

tom ,mike and matt were really great .the guys were professional and friendly even in a downpore making the job even harder then normal .i would highly recommend theses men a there company. great job and thank you for being so nice.

hammer17 in Hamilton
hammer17 in Hamilton
6 reviews Hamilton, ON

Basement backup

We had a backup of smelly water from the drain pipe in the basement. Its an older home but we've only been here for about 5 years and never experienced it before. It had just rained, we had just finished a bathroom reno, and there was construction happening on our street so we really didnt know what the cause was. It wasnt a lot of water so it wasnt urgent but we called 5-Stinky and they were there the next day, at the time we requested. The plumber, Jeff, was incredibly helpful, friendly and explained a lot to us. Being one of the last appointments of the day, he still took the time to explain things and let us watch the camera scope too. The drain is now clear (darn tree roots!) and the service cost didnt break the bank. We highly recommend.

Marie in Hamilton
Marie in Hamilton
1 review Burlington, ON

Plumbing issue

We were having a problem shutting off the water for the outside hose bib to prepare for the winter. We called Birnie Thos R & Sons to provide an estimate for the job. Mike arrived and reviewed our options and we hired him on the spot. Mike was knowledgeable and he answered all our questions - and taught us a thing or two.
We are thankful he was able to do the work without having to cut a huge hole in our ceiling, which we were told could be needed by many plumbers we spoke to.
Great service and would highly recommend this company!

dmeilke in Burlington
dmeilke in Burlington
1 review Hamilton, ON

Clogged Toilet

We moved into a new house and the toilet pipes were all dried out and kept clogging. I made a call, and within 25 minutes, someone was there to unclog and get it flowing freely! And they didn't mind the mess and make me feel more comfortable about the overflowing grossness.

More about Birnie Thos R & Sons Ltd

Thos R Birnie & Sons Ltd is a Family owned, full service Plumbing, Drain & Water Conditioning Company. Our Burlington, Hamilton and Oakville plumbing teams aim to provide the best customer experience through superior workmanship, quality products, and peace of mind service. From the early 1920’s to now we have ...
Looking for Plumbing pros in Carlisle?