Alf's Roofing Ltd

904-77 Avenue AB T8H2T2
HomeStars  >  Roofing in Edmonton  >  Alf's Roofing Ltd  >  Roof Repair
Private User reviews Edmonton, AB

Roof Repair

I had Alf's Roofing complete some repair work on my roof after several shingles and a fascia cover were blown off by wind storms over the last few summers. The office responded to my inquries in a timely manner. Jasmine provided me with a quote that stated the minimum fee for small repairs (like mine) was $200.00 + GST. After approving the cost Yvan came to my home and did a great job of the work that was required. Unfortunately, I wasn't happy with his lack of professionalism - he used my washroom, but didn't wash his hands afterwards and he also decided to light up a cigarette on my property without my permission (smoking is something I don't allow at all on my property). I received the invoice one week later and was shocked to find I was being charged $300.00 + GST. I was disappointed to find out that the minimum fee only covers labour and doesn't cover parts/materials, which is something I was not told at all.

Pros
- Communication was very quick
- Work was well done

Cons
- Yvan was unprofessional - didn't wash hands after using washroom & was smoking on my property without permission
- Quote didn't include statement that minimum fee applies to labour only and doesn't cover parts/materials

Since there are many roofing companies in the Edmonton area, I likely will not contact Alf's Roofing again.

Hi Ravi, thanks for noticing we were quick and efficient. As we tried to explain in writing there is a minimum charge for coming out to do a repair. You had 2 repairs to do and not 1 (on a 2-storey) and naturally there is a charge for materials used; both for the fascia and shingle repairs. Then you wrote us this:

Hi Jasmine,
I have reviewed the email and I believe the confusion came from me not understanding that the minimum fee for labour was $200.00 and that it did not cover parts/materials.

Also Yvan has been here 20 years and doesn't smoke so there must be some confusion?? I wasn't in the bathroom so I can't confirm handwashing...