Alf's Roofing Ltd

904-77 Avenue AB T8H2T2
HomeStars  >  Roofing in Edmonton  >  Alf's Roofing Ltd

Reviews for Alf's Roofing Ltd

Roof Repair

I had Alf's Roofing complete some repair work on my roof after several shingles and a fascia cover were blown off by wind storms over the last few summers. The office responded to my inquries in a timely manner. Jasmine provided me with a quote that stated the minimum fee for small repairs (like mine) was $200.00 + GST. After approving the cost Yvan came to my home and did a great job of the work that was required. Unfortunately, I wasn't happy with his lack of professionalism - he used my washroom, but didn't wash his hands afterwards and he also decided to light up a cigarette on my property without my permission (smoking is something I don't allow at all on my property). I received the invoice one week later and was shocked to find I was being charged $300.00 + GST. I was disappointed to find out that the minimum fee only covers labour and doesn't cover parts/materials, which is something I was not told at all.

Pros
- Communication was very quick
- Work was well done

Cons
- Yvan was unprofessional - didn't wash hands after using washroom & was smoking on my property without permission
- Quote didn't include statement that minimum fee applies to labour only and doesn't cover parts/materials

Since there are many roofing companies in the Edmonton area, I likely will not contact Alf's Roofing again.

Hi Ravi, thanks for noticing we were quick and efficient. As we tried to explain in writing there is a minimum charge for coming out to do a repair. You had 2 repairs to do and not 1 (on a 2-storey) and naturally there is a charge for materials used; both for the fascia and shingle repairs. Then you wrote us this:

Hi Jasmine,
I have reviewed the email and I believe the confusion came from me not understanding that the minimum fee for labour was $200.00 and that it did not cover parts/materials.

Also Yvan has been here 20 years and doesn't smoke so there must be some confusion?? I wasn't in the bathroom so I can't confirm handwashing...

Malcolm in Edmonton
Malcolm in Edmonton

New residential roof

What a great company to deal with from the estimate through to the completed project nothing but professionalism.
The three men who showed up were very polite and went about their business to completion. The roof looks great and the cleanup after was amazing,I would highly recommend Alf's Roofing and would use them again if needed.

Thank you for review!

Shingles and Eavestroughs Replacement

I got my shingles and eavestroughs replaced in August by Alf's Roofing. I was very impressed with the workmanship. The job site was remarkably cleaned after the work was done. I will use Alf's Roofing service again in the future and strongly recommend it to everyone.

The comments are much appreciated.

Replacement Roof

Alf's Roofing did an awesome job of replacing my defective shingles and assisting me with a warranty claim on IKO shingles that had been applied by another company (who was not interested in helping me). The guys were efficient and worked until the job was done. They cleaned up effectively every day and were pleasant and courteous. Alf's also provided a reference to a good eavestroughing company.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Ms Sunshine in Sherwood Park
Ms Sunshine in Sherwood Park

Re-roof (New shingles)

We called Alf's first for a quote as several years ago, when the economy was booming, they were the only roofing company willing to come repair a few shingles which had loosen after a wind storm. All the other companies we called were not interested as they had much larger jobs to do. This type of service deserves our business and although slightly higher in cost, we are completely satisfied with their work and the knowledge they will be there to assist, if needed.

We try our best to accommodate all customers; no matter the size of the job. We appreciate the repeat business :)

Andrea in Edmonton
Andrea in Edmonton

Replace roof shingles

Excellent service. No issues whatsoever. Our roofers, David and Yannich, arrived early, worked late and got the job done very well, very quickly. Our roof is high, peaked and big and they got it stripped and replaced in about a day and a half. The roof looks great, they left the yard clean of debris and they were also very friendly. As far as Alf's office side goes, they were great too. Friendly and helpful. I would recommend to anyone in the Edmonton area.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review; as a family business we try our best!

Gary in Spruce Grove
Gary in Spruce Grove
1 review Spruce Grove, AB

Reroof whole house

I'm really impressed with the workmanship and professionalism of Garry and Dwayne. They were on site early and finished quickly. I especially appreciated how they patiently answered my questions and made recommendations. Overall excellent!

Thank you for the feedback and review. I will pass it on to the crew. Garry has been with Alf's since the 80's!

SamK in Edmonton
SamK in Edmonton

Very satisfied

We were very happy with Alf's roofing--great fast professional service. Kept the worksite tidy and neat and cleaned up after their job was done. Would recommend to friends without hesitation.

We appreciate you taking the time to wright a review and recommending us :)

Satisfied repeat customer in Sherwood Park
Satisfied repeat customer in Sherwood Park

Re-shingle roof

I had my roof done by Alf's Roofing years ago; as a repeat customer I received a discount and the same great professional beautiful job. I would definitely recommend them to anyone needing a new roof and their prices were competitive with others the service was excellent. Thank you Alf's!

Thank you so much for using our services once again! Alfred first started his business in Sherwood Park in 1976.

More about Alf's Roofing Ltd

Since 1976, Alf's Roofing has served the greater Edmonton area with expert workmanship, superior customer service, and competitive prices in residential re-roofing and repairs. Family owned and operated, we pride ourselves on our professionalism and industry knowledge.