Nu Vista Homes Ltd

Reviews for Nu Vista Homes Ltd

Brett in Calgary
Brett in Calgary

New home build

I built a new home with NuVista and was constantly impressed by the level of service and professionalism from ALL members of the team that I dealt with! I would wholeheartedly recommend NuVista to any friends or family that asked.

Case in Calgary
Case in Calgary

Very happy customer...

I did not build a new home with Nuvista, but did purchase a pre-built home. I had zero issues from start to finish. They have tackled all of my concerns in a timely manner. Very professional team of sales, service, warranty, follow-up etc. I would highly recommend them for all of my friends and family.

Sat
Sat

Worst experience ever with a builder

I was promised that they would sell one of the spec houses in $500K and agreed. I had an appointment to sign the agreement at 5:30 PM. At 4:30 PM, I got a call that the house price is 525K. I was totally blown off and called their office. They said they usually take care of their customers very well and could deliver it for $513K. I later contacted the Vice President and probably on his recommendation, one of the ladies again invited me for a discussion but she was all about justifying NV's approach and being political in approach. Earlier, they had promised to me that they would deliver the house by Jan 31, 2017 and she played exactly this card saying that it was not possible. I'll never ever recommend this builder to anyone. They say something and do something...there is a huge difference in their saying and sticking to it.

Brooke M in
Brooke M in

Home

I loved it working with NuVIsta! From start to finish their service was phenomenal and friendly. I truly felt they cared about me and my husband's needs when building our home. The construction manager, Richard Grainger, was a joy to work with.

Private User reviews Calgary, AB

House

The ONLY good experience I had was at the sales.

Everything else sucked. They do not know how to build a house. I met the trades, all nice, but quality sucks. I met the site supervisor, he doesn't know what's going on, and will not look at your house. I talked to the assistant construction manager Steven, useless guy. Puts off your main questions, wastes your time. I talked to the VP founder, he just cares about your money. Please avoid, I want to drive them out of business. Sub par workmanship is not welcomed in here in Calgary.

Mike from Calgary
Mike from Calgary

New Home

Pretty horrible experience all around. Lots of issues came up and they responded with lots of refusals to fix our problems. When they made a mistake the only way to get it fixed was to give them more money. This happened several times. When we paid for upgrades and they didn't deliver them we didn't get any refunds. Horrible.

CrankyC from Okotoks
CrankyC from Okotoks
2 reviews Okotoks, AB

New Home Build

The build of our house was okay, lots of minor issues. Now that we have been the house nearly 5 years I have a more insight to report issues.
We recently had to spend 1300 to have the proper baffles put in the attic as the wind had blown the insulation out of the corners. The rock work has fallen off in a few places, the basement leaks, the bathroom in the basement had the ceiling built 2 feet lower than it should have been and the contractors walked all over our finished house with their work boots on, and nobody cared when I complained. I checked on the house every night on my way home from work and found numerous times the doors were unlocked. The weekend before move in, the cracked toilet upstairs was used by a contractor and leaked down into the kitchen and destroyed our 4" hickory flooring. They had it repaired buy it is still warped. They also wired the basement bathroom light poorly and never came back to fix it when it's not up to code. So, not really terrible items but A LOT of smallish problems.

Amery from Calgary
Amery from Calgary

Home Builder

I would recommend NuVista Home Builders. The process with building a new home with NuVista was very smooth. The quality of the home was great and the service I received throughout the building process was fantastic. This was my first homebuilding experience and I am very glad it all went so smooth. I had geard a lot of horror stories with others building new homes but I am very glad I did not experience that with NuVista.

chris from Calgary
chris from Calgary

New Home

if you are planning to buy house from nuvista just back up now otherwise this is my promise that you will repent on your decision and will remember my post. If you want stress full life just go with them.

James Goleden in Okotoks
James Goleden in Okotoks
3 reviews OKOTOKS, AB

New home build

That company USE TO be good, they USE TO win awards, this is not the case. They have BBB complaints, haven't won any service awards and have negative reviews all over. I hated the experience of building with this group but if you don't trust my opinion try googling 'NuVista Homes Customer Reviews' the blurb and other searches have a lot of info.

Looking for Carpenters pros in Fort Mcmurray?