Northern Interior Finishes

Reviews for Northern Interior Finishes

Yasser
Yasser

Kitchen/Bathroom Renovation

Northern Interior Finishes designed and installed our kitchen. They also did our two bathrooms and all our floors. We are very happy with their products and services and we will use them for our second phase of the Renos.

Thank you Yasser. It was a pleasure working with you.

bacharammar
bacharammar

Kitchen and floor renovation

Ayman from Northern Interior Finishes took care of my Tile, Backsplash and Flooring installation at my new house in Brampton. They were easy to deal with and service was great. We will use you again.

Thank you Bashar. Your house looks great. It was a pleasure working with you.

a_habhab
a_habhab

Floors, paint, bathroom and windows

The workers were very professional from the estimator to the crew. They were clean, precise and fast. The price was very affordable. Cheaper than the other two quotes that we received. They did our floors, paint, windows, bathroom vanity and also installed 4 security cameras outside my house. I have already recommended them to my neighbour. Thank you Northern Interior Finishes.

Thank you Asiah for the review. Your house looks beautiful. We currently have a team next door at your neighbours house , thanks to you :).

maissae_s
maissae_s

Basement

I am very happy with the work that Northern Interior Finishes did for us. Job was perfect. Thank you Anthony and team.

Thank you for the compliment Ms. Saleh. Our crews work hard to keep our clients happy.

h.elhage in North York
h.elhage in North York

Drywall, Painting, Kitchen, Washrooms, Electrical and Flooring

We hired Northern Interior Finishes to renovate our Toronto home that we had purchased. We had a very tight timeline and were referred to this company by our real estate agent. The estimator was very professional and friendly. He had explained to us the process and all details thoroughly. Their designer made us a floor plan of the reno and 3D designs of the kitchen and washrooms that we needed done, which made the process visually appealing and simple.

Northern Interior Finishes ended up changing parts of the drywall in the house, had their electrician put up pot lights and add additional plugs and switches, had their data guy install internet cabling and a security camera system, designed and installed a custom kitchen, re-did the 3 Bathrooms and changed flooring in the entire house as well as the painting. I will recommend this company to whoever asks for any construction/renovation/contracting service.

Very nice words Hussein. Thank you for your trust in us. We strive to keep customers happy and satisfied.

SidHoradagoda from Old Toronto
SidHoradagoda from Old Toronto

Laminate flooring

The workmen who completed the job broke a couple of sliding door mirrors. They tried to conceal it, but thankfully I noticed it. I notified Simon of this who promised that they would be fixed. I paid most of the service fee at this point. That was 11 months ago. Through out this period I must have sent 100+ call and text messages to get my mirrors fixed, but I'm now being silently ignored. Basically, don't trust Simon's word. Pay the minimal till the job is DONE.

Hello. I cannot comment on past issues. The company is now under new management. Customer service, quality workmanship and range of work has been greatly enhanced. We apologize for your issues but we assure you an optimal experience going forward. Thank you.

LoriAnn
LoriAnn

laminate flooring 'installation'

I should have listened to John's reviews. We chose this company because they were able to install quickly (that should have given us a warning sign). We were in a rush and had to work around carpet cleaners, stagers, photographers, etc. to prep and sell our condo. We ordered the materials and booked the installation.

Day of installation - they were to arrive 9am. We got a call at 10:30 the truck broke down and they need to reschedule. Fine, we reschedule.
Day 2 - we call the company at both 10am and 10:30am and confirm the installers are there. We get a call at 11:30 that the installers got in an accident, blah, blah, blah. WHAT?? they were to be there ages ago.
Can we reschedule again? I told Michael we were in a time crunch and I guess we have to do it ourselves. He didn't seem to care (of course, they most likely make the most money on marking up the materials).

Oh, can you go to Scarborough to pick up the materials at the 'warehouse'?? If we were to ever order laminate again, we would just go to the wholesaler directly. Fine, we take the time to go there to pick up the materials and install it ourselves. Good thing my husband is in construction as an 'average Joe' would be at the mercy of this company that is heavy on empty promises.

Then we have materials left over. We return them to the store. The guy behind the desk never looks up, gives us the refund and we leave. About 2 hours later Simon calls as 2 boxes are wet. He wants to re-charge us. Um, shouldn't your worker look at the returns first? He says he has our credit card and will charge us, and he can either throw them out or we can go back and pick them up. Really? Like we want to go back to Steeles. We ask are the laminate wet or just the boxes? He doesn't know!! Then he asks for $$ back which was a substantial amount to which we determine that we didn't even get the right amount refunded in the first place!! He says 'we are even'. I'm pretty positive they still owe us money. what a sham. Unprofessional and unreliable. Would NEVER do business here again!!

Hello. Floorama Flooring has now been acquired by Northern Interior Finishes. It is under new management and we offer a larger range of services. We cannot comment on past work, but we apologize on their behalf and promise you an exceptional experience for the future. Thank you.

john in North york
john in North york
4 reviews North York, ON

Flooring project

Owner Simon Promised me, after he took my large deposit in November 2013, to do my flooring job in December 2013. I Prepared my home for the work to be done and he told me he still had not received supplies (SUPPLIER IN TORONTO?) after waiting 3 weeks. At this point he never returned by phone calls and emails. Attempted again after the holidays in January 2014 to reach him and finally caught him on phone and he again stated he would do the job in a week. A week passes by with no job or contact from him!? Simon continued to not return my calls despite his staff always saying they gave him the messages. After several attempts to visit his store (at expense of time, cost) I was finally able to find him in early March 2014!? I asked him why he has not called me back in 2 months let alone do the work and he simply replied again " but my staff did leave you messages". , I requested my deposit back and he still insisted he could do the job for me?
Outrageous abuse and attempted manipulation of a customer who had already suffered great inconvenience and expense due to this mans egregious actions.His staff finally returned my deposit but Simon did not offer me any further compensation.
I have dealt with contractors for many years and I have NEVER experienced anything like this and I am shocked he can continue to do business. The one good thing that may come out of this is that I fortunately did not have to worry about his quality of work although if his work quality reflects his character, I could only imagine another nightmare! Buyer really beware!!

John
North York

Hello. We apologize for any past shortcomings, but as Floorama Flooring has been acquired by a larger company, Northern Interior Finishes, we promise you an excellent experience. We now offer a larger range of services. Thank you.

Laura from Brampton
Laura from Brampton

Hardwood flooring and wall to wall carpet

Simon at Flooring Liquidator is my go-to flooring expert. I have used his expertise and installation service on three HGTV shows and in my own private design work. Excellent selection, actually the nicest laminate flooring I have ever seen and stunning hardwood & engineered wood collections. Highly recommend their new showroom near Yorkdale also, beautifully laid out and well lit.
Recently had a basement finished with wall-to-wall carpet and the installation was flawless. Happy clients, beautiful home.

More about Northern Interior Finishes

Northern Interior Finishes is a Residential & Commercial General Contractor specialized in Construction, Renovation, and Interior Finishes. Our specialties include Emergency Restoration / Insurance Services, Flooring, Painting, Wall Covering, General Renovations, Kitchen Design & Renovation, Bathroom Renovation, CCTV and Security Camera services and more. Our company has successfully completed important projects in Toronto and the surrounding Greater Toronto Area. We have enjoyed a loyal following of clients in the Residential, Hospitality, Commercial, Property Management, Design and Development sectors. Our experience, competitiveness, work ethic and quality workmanship sets us apart from the rest. We are your solution for a seamless project.

** We offer Financing

** SHOP AT HOME SERVICE....Why travel for your renovation when we come to you with all the necessary samples.... Free of Charge. We are your mobile showroom.

**Detailed Services:

*1. Flooring: We sell, supply and install all types of flooring sourced from many suppliers and manufacturers. Our products include Hardwood flooring, Engineered Hardwood Flooring, Laminate flooring, Carpet, Tiles, Luxury Vinyl Plank, Red Oak, Maple, Hickory, Ash, Bamboo, LVT, WPC, SPC and more. Our installers are professionals with years of experience in the flooring world. Some of the suppliers we carry are: Fuzion Flooring, Twelve Oaks, NAF, PG Model, Mercier, Superior, Sherwood Forest, Toucan, Torlys, Biyork, Canadian Standard and many many more.

*2. Painting: We offer interior and exterior painting services. Our painters are actual painters and not a jack of all trades handy-men. We will bring you paint swatches from some of the best painting brands such as: Benjamin Moore, Sherwin Williams, CIL, Behr, Dulux, Glidden, Valspar and more.

*3. Renovation / Construction: We do all types of general renovations and construction interior and exterior. This includes basements, main and upper floors, Roofing, Stucco, Cladding, Brick and Stone, Additions, new home construction and flipping.

*4. Kitchen and Bathroom Renovations: We will transform your old, boring kitchen or bathroom into a state of the art custom masterpiece. We design, supply and install everything from vanities, kitchen cabinets, faucets, sinks, stand-up showers, tubs and more. Our designers will listen to your requests and create you a 3D render of your dream kitchen or bathroom using the popular 2020 rendering software.

*5. Security Camera / CCTV / Surveillance: We are specialists in the set-up and installation of security cameras for you home or business. Our large variety of cutting edge camera systems will keep your space safe and under your watchful eye wherever you go. All of our hardware can be controlled remotely or on your mobile device.

*6. Other: More services we offer include Plumbing, Electrical, Lighting, LED, Data Cabling, IPTV, Automation, TV Mounting, Sound Systems, Restoration / Insurance, Suspending Ceiling, Wireless Solutions, Wifi, Networking, Millwork and more.

Call us now for a free in home estimate and sample showing.