Floorama Flooring

Reviews for Floorama Flooring

SidHoradagoda from Old Toronto
SidHoradagoda from Old Toronto

Laminate flooring

The workmen who completed the job broke a couple of sliding door mirrors. They tried to conceal it, but thankfully I noticed it. I notified Simon of this who promised that they would be fixed. I paid most of the service fee at this point. That was 11 months ago. Through out this period I must have sent 100+ call and text messages to get my mirrors fixed, but I'm now being silently ignored. Basically, don't trust Simon's word. Pay the minimal till the job is DONE.

LoriAnn
LoriAnn

laminate flooring 'installation'

I should have listened to John's reviews. We chose this company because they were able to install quickly (that should have given us a warning sign). We were in a rush and had to work around carpet cleaners, stagers, photographers, etc. to prep and sell our condo. We ordered the materials and booked the installation.

Day of installation - they were to arrive 9am. We got a call at 10:30 the truck broke down and they need to reschedule. Fine, we reschedule.
Day 2 - we call the company at both 10am and 10:30am and confirm the installers are there. We get a call at 11:30 that the installers got in an accident, blah, blah, blah. WHAT?? they were to be there ages ago.
Can we reschedule again? I told Michael we were in a time crunch and I guess we have to do it ourselves. He didn't seem to care (of course, they most likely make the most money on marking up the materials).

Oh, can you go to Scarborough to pick up the materials at the 'warehouse'?? If we were to ever order laminate again, we would just go to the wholesaler directly. Fine, we take the time to go there to pick up the materials and install it ourselves. Good thing my husband is in construction as an 'average Joe' would be at the mercy of this company that is heavy on empty promises.

Then we have materials left over. We return them to the store. The guy behind the desk never looks up, gives us the refund and we leave. About 2 hours later Simon calls as 2 boxes are wet. He wants to re-charge us. Um, shouldn't your worker look at the returns first? He says he has our credit card and will charge us, and he can either throw them out or we can go back and pick them up. Really? Like we want to go back to Steeles. We ask are the laminate wet or just the boxes? He doesn't know!! Then he asks for $$ back which was a substantial amount to which we determine that we didn't even get the right amount refunded in the first place!! He says 'we are even'. I'm pretty positive they still owe us money. what a sham. Unprofessional and unreliable. Would NEVER do business here again!!

john in North york
john in North york

Flooring project

Owner Simon Promised me, after he took my large deposit in November 2013, to do my flooring job in December 2013. I Prepared my home for the work to be done and he told me he still had not received supplies (SUPPLIER IN TORONTO?) after waiting 3 weeks. At this point he never returned by phone calls and emails. Attempted again after the holidays in January 2014 to reach him and finally caught him on phone and he again stated he would do the job in a week. A week passes by with no job or contact from him!? Simon continued to not return my calls despite his staff always saying they gave him the messages. After several attempts to visit his store (at expense of time, cost) I was finally able to find him in early March 2014!? I asked him why he has not called me back in 2 months let alone do the work and he simply replied again " but my staff did leave you messages". , I requested my deposit back and he still insisted he could do the job for me?
Outrageous abuse and attempted manipulation of a customer who had already suffered great inconvenience and expense due to this mans egregious actions.His staff finally returned my deposit but Simon did not offer me any further compensation.
I have dealt with contractors for many years and I have NEVER experienced anything like this and I am shocked he can continue to do business. The one good thing that may come out of this is that I fortunately did not have to worry about his quality of work although if his work quality reflects his character, I could only imagine another nightmare! Buyer really beware!!

John
North York

Laura from Brampton
Laura from Brampton

Hardwood flooring and wall to wall carpet

Simon at Flooring Liquidator is my go-to flooring expert. I have used his expertise and installation service on three HGTV shows and in my own private design work. Excellent selection, actually the nicest laminate flooring I have ever seen and stunning hardwood & engineered wood collections. Highly recommend their new showroom near Yorkdale also, beautifully laid out and well lit.
Recently had a basement finished with wall-to-wall carpet and the installation was flawless. Happy clients, beautiful home.

Mike from Thornhill
Mike from Thornhill
2 reviews Thornhill, ON

Floors

The job was pretty good but there was a few minor problems. Mostly the place was not cleaned up very well after they left. I found pieces of hardwood stuck in my floor vents. I was not living in the home when it was done and it was done last year. I had basement laminate done and hardwood in main and second floor. But overall pretty good for the price.

John Carson from Etobicoke
John Carson from Etobicoke
3 reviews Etobicoke, ON

Hardwood flooring

After service is not very good at all. Simon never returns calls to fix deficiencies even after paying a visit to the office. Very disappointed, so can't recommend them unfortunately.

lesley from Milton
lesley from Milton
1 review Milton, ON

Hardwood instaltion/baseboard& quater round

Very fast , competitive and quality service. The installers were very friendly and super tidy! Kept to themselves and did their job professionally! Definately will use them in my next home!

David from Old Toronto
David from Old Toronto
2 reviews Old Toronto, ON

Hardwood Floors

We called Simon and his guys to put hardwood down on the main floor of our new house. They responded very quickly and provided a a great quote, and they were able to have our new floors installed in a day and a half. They were also able to accomodate some custom requests, and the floors look awesome. We would highly recommend using Simon and will use him for our future flooring needs.

David from Mississauga
David from Mississauga

Hardwood and Tiles installation

I hired Simon to install new hardwood floors in my main floor this spring. He is very good at giving you a quote (if it's a big job) and charging the deposit and the rest of the money. His guys did do a good job. Everything looked fine. I even gave him a review of 10 on this website. The problem happened 6 months after when my floors in a certain area were cupping. Since I am still under the warranty year I called him to come and have a look at the floors and give me his opinion. For over two weeks after my first call Simon has been incredibly uninterested with my concerns. I have probably called more than 20 times and IF he picked up the phone he only said he was in a meeting and would get back to me which of course he didn't. I sincerely got very frustrated and disappointed not with his poor service but his completely LACK of service and interest for a costumer. I got to believe that if I had another big work from him he would have showed up for sure in a timely manner. I called the main office number and a lady very politely assured me Simon had "taken care" of this and she even thought that he actually did. She even mentioned she has had difficulty in getting a hold of him in certain occasions. At the end he only got back to me twice: first time to tell me he was going to drop by the next day (and he didn't, not even called to let me know he was not coming) and a second time which I wasn't near my phone and never bothered to leave me a message or call back again. I am sure he is going to reply to this review and make all kind of excuses but my intention is not to get back at him but rather alert other people to be aware of the fact that Simon is only good until the moment he gets paid and the job gets done. After that, you are pretty much on your own if you find something wrong. Please think twice before hiring Floorama Flooring and make sure you shop around and that you are going to get a good level of service specially if there is a problem after the job is complete.

Review has 1 previous version

Hello David

It has taken me a while to get back to you because it is a very busy period with flooring and our team is overwhelmed with work, so I do apologize for that.

But...

When you did call me two weeks ago, you did specifically tell me that you had moisture and water coming into your house from under the sliding door, and that was the spot where you had the cupping. I told you that that was probably moisture damage from the leak and that both the manufacturer and installation warrantees don't cover that. It is your responsibility to maintain the hardwood and your house from excessive moisture.

A few points to consider:

1. The manufacturer warrantees defects of the hardwood and not floorama flooring. We can connect you to them, but we don't honour the warranty

2. We offer a 1 year installation warranty. Cupping of the hardwood isn't installation related. Installation issue are normally apparent the first week. Cupping only comes from excessive moisture.

3. Even the manufacturers warranty won't cover your claim. You clearly stated that you had a leak.

I offered to come take a look just to help you. I am not responsible for this repair though. Any other company would not have offered to come. Because I was going out of my way, unnecessarily, to come help you, I decided to finish my other work first, which was priority.

Again, it is the home owners responsibility:

- To clean and maintain hardwood
- Make sure hardwood isn't exposed to excessive moisture
- Make sure hardwood isn't exposed to excessive dryness
- Keep room humidity levels between 40%-60%

If you still want me to come take a look, I can bring my moisture reader and show you how high the moisture levels in your wood will be. Call me on my cell and I will come during my spare time.

More about Floorama Flooring

CHECK OUT OUR VIDEOS IN THE GALLERY BELOW Floorama is your one stop flooring solution. We are specialized in sales and installation for Hardwood, Laminate, Carpet, Tiles and Vinyl. WHY CHOOSE US ?? WELL . . . WE BRING THE FLOOR SHOPPING TO YOUR HOUSE . . . FREE ! ...
Looking for Carpet & Rug Retailers pros in Toronto?