It has taken me a while to get back to you because it is a very busy period with flooring and our team is overwhelmed with work, so I do apologize for that.
When you did call me two weeks ago, you did specifically tell me that you had moisture and water coming into your house from under the sliding door, and that was the spot where you had the cupping. I told you that that was probably moisture damage from the leak and that both the manufacturer and installation warrantees don't cover that. It is your responsibility to maintain the hardwood and your house from excessive moisture.
A few points to consider:
1. The manufacturer warrantees defects of the hardwood and not floorama flooring. We can connect you to them, but we don't honour the warranty
2. We offer a 1 year installation warranty. Cupping of the hardwood isn't installation related. Installation issue are normally apparent the first week. Cupping only comes from excessive moisture.
3. Even the manufacturers warranty won't cover your claim. You clearly stated that you had a leak.
I offered to come take a look just to help you. I am not responsible for this repair though. Any other company would not have offered to come. Because I was going out of my way, unnecessarily, to come help you, I decided to finish my other work first, which was priority.
Again, it is the home owners responsibility:
- To clean and maintain hardwood
- Make sure hardwood isn't exposed to excessive moisture
- Make sure hardwood isn't exposed to excessive dryness
- Keep room humidity levels between 40%-60%
If you still want me to come take a look, I can bring my moisture reader and show you how high the moisture levels in your wood will be. Call me on my cell and I will come during my spare time.