Canadian Leak Detection

Joanne
Joanne
1 review Whitby, ON

Pool Leak

This was my first time using this company and would definitely recommend their service. I believe Adam was the gentleman's name(sorry if this is incorrect) and he did a thorough inspection of my pool and found 4 tears in my brand new liner. He was able to repair same day and the pool has had no issues since. The Rep was very capable and explained findings along the way. Thank you to Canadian Leak Detection, we can now enjoy the pool again!

Dave DeWolf
Dave DeWolf

Leak in pool

This is the second time weve used this company. The first time (about 5 years ago) the service was excellent! This time we paid the consulting fee for possible leak. The tech offered valuable information. However, when they came to repair leak, there was a error in the diagnosis. No additional charge.
Highly recommend this company!!

David Mac - Thornhill
David Mac - Thornhill

Leak detection services - residential pool

Just wanted to report on the service provided by Canadian Leak Detection on July 5, 2021. Appointment was arranged well in advance and all procedures requirements were well explained in advance. We received a friendly appointment reminder before the appointment and provided water loss measurement information. On the date of our appointment, the technician (Adam) showed up a bit early and we were able to get him started right away. A thorough diagnostic job was done and 5 liner leaks and one return line leak were identified and located. In addition, two above ground leaks were identified (much to my surprise) and were fixed at NO ADDITIONAL COST by Adam on the spot (thanks again Adam!)
We subsequently were able to fix the return line leak and the hose line was leaking EXACTLY where Adam indicated. We would definitely recommend this outfit to anyone in the same boat.

David

Thank you David! We appreciate your kinds words. It was our pleasure.

jward
jward
4 reviews Whitby, ON

Pool leaks

I called as my pool was losing a lot of water. Adam came first and managed to detect a leak in my new liner and a return line (within inches. Amazing!) James came to repair the return line on a scorcher of a day, broke through cement and dug out the hole to repair the return line. The repair was done neatly. The company delivered and did what they said they would. No muss no fuss. They came at the date/time they said they would, the estimate was close in $ and my pool is fixed. Katie in service was great to deal with too. They are not cheap but well worth the money.
Thanks guys!

Thank you for your review! We appreciate you!

They will rib you off

Called them to seal holes in the liner , they came on a rainy day & claimed the pool is not suitable to do the job then charged my CC 175$ for the visit !!!

Stay away from them.

Hello Tamer. I am sorry to read your sour reviews on the internet. We did successfully find your leaks and accept your desperate request to dive the pool and patch over a dozen cuts in your liner. Most people would just sell you a new liner. You confirmed your next appointment time stating the pool would be clean and clear to dive but it simply wasn't. You couldn't even see the return jets in the wall and still argued that it was 'clean'. I am sorry but we can't help you until you change your opinion of clean. Rain alone wouldn't do that much. Good luck finding the right contractor.

Orgad in Vaughan
Orgad in Vaughan

Unprofessional!

Used them a few times, arrogant with a sense of self importance. Do not honor their word and follow up is disturbing. They came out and found a small leak, it was the end of the season so I decided to fix the leak the following year. When I called back they said they couldn't find the paperwork and will have to charge me again for the leak detection and fixing it. Luckily there are many alternatives on the market, would not use them again!

Hi Orgad, I am surprised to see you here. It's unfortunate to see your comments after helping you out with various leaks over several years. I was able to find all the information you were looking for after you hung up on me. The reason I couldn't find the repair quote from "last season" was because it is actually from 2016! We went back to your place twice after that in later years to successfully find and repair other, non-related leaks on your property. We keep good notes on everything we do but we weren't looking at the right year and you insisted you knew what you were talking about. I sincerely apologized for not being able to provide you the information you wanted in June and offered to message your technician in case we got lucky. Of course he didn't remember anything, you can't be upset with that. Especially now, knowing you're asking about something from 3 years ago. And then insulting me for not getting back to you sooner?

We would normally ask customers to give us a chance to make things right but after this nasty review... ****CONTRACTORS BEWARE.

nono in Whitby
nono in Whitby
1 review Whitby, ON

Rude and incompetent

Their pool professional was anything but. Initially detected 2 potential leaks, sent someone to fix ($800 for 2 hour work). He was a very nice guy but for some reason, he only fixed one of the leaks, and then suddenly the second leak was much worse. The so-called professional who returned took no accountability and then when asked about it immediately became exceptionally aggressive and very rude.

The owner and I are very aware of this case. We detected a plumbing leak on their pool lines and gave them a heads up of possibly having a second leak 20ft away. We gave them a competitive price for the one repair for now. At their request, we scheduled repairs and sent them our best repair technician. He had to make two visits to complete the repair. 2 hours is an unfair exaggeration when you consider the truck costs for 2 trips and materials. He was even kind enough to leave them a FREE skimmer lid the second time he came so they wouldn’t have to buy one from the pool company they kept complaining about the entire time (they quoted them $80+ tx). When they saw how well the work was done, instead of thanking him, they requested a reduced price! Almost a month later, they reported further leakage. We came out again to test FREE OF CHARGE. Pin-pointed a leak where we originally suspected one. The woman grew upset when we provided a quote for the second repair. She accused us of causing the second leak and began arguing with our technician about our pricing, business model and practices. It got silly. He put her in her place and left. No one should put up with that. Unknown to her, the last person there was an owner of Canadian Leak Detection and she tried to report him to our office to leverage additional credits to her account.

UPDATE: The reviewer called our office requesting repairs from us even after their harsh review. We obviously declined to work for them and they have now taken to the internet in retaliation. ****CONTRACTORS BEWARE.

Leak source not accurately found as promissed

I was told that the they would find where the leak is within an inch up to a foot.
They came and marked the ground and then my plumber had to keep digging up to 2 meters to find the leak, this costed me more than it normally would. Canada Leak Detection did nothing to help me and when I told them about this, they took zero responsibility and still charged me full price. Would not recommend.

Thank you for your time in sharing your feedback. The business owner and I, the manager are well aware of this isolated incident. A large leak noise was detected in a pipe under a basement wall and could be heard bubbling on both sides of the wall. The leak was explained in detail verbally. The basement had a finished room on one side and an unfinished room on the other. Our technician suggested to start repairs on the unfinished side of the basement first to avoid excavating on the finished side unless you absolutely have to but he did warn you it may turn out being two holes on either side. You emailed us pictures of both holes on each side of the wall demanding a full refund claiming that we missed the leak by several meters. There was a lot of water in each hole from wash out underground which would explain why we heard it bubbling on both sides of the wall when we detected it. We politely re-explained how you were already warned this may happen and you seemed to understand his points of view before he left. The leak could have been anywhere on the 40-50ft length of pipe. Unfortunately, after reviewing your case, we did not feel a refund was merrited and did not honor your request. You took to the internet as you said you would. If the wall wasn't in the way, we would have told you to dig right in the middle so you could access both sides.

Private User reviews Caledon, ON

Excellent staff and service

In 2017 we had an exceptionally cold and wet summer. All my neighbors with pools were shedding water weekly. But I had to add a few inches each week. We searched all over looking for signs of a leak but couldn't find one. Then Canadian Leak Detection was recommended to us. Thank God! Gennaro and the office staff were great at explaining how they work and what I could expect and later even provided follow up service to make sure I was satisfied. Dan arrived on time and using the most sophisticated tools I've ever seen- checked pressure in pipes, the pump, the filter, heater and solar cell, dye tested the area around the skimmer and the jets and used listening equipment all around the pool while carefully checking for indications of liner pinholes or punctures or wet soil in the surroundings. Within 90 minutes he narrowed it down to one large leak (more than 1/4" per day) area behind one of the underwater lights. He performed a quick fix using waterproof putty and my pool is now back in full and worry-free use again. I no longer waste money refilling it weekly, checking chemicals balances and replacing expensive chemicals that were being lost underground. I highly recommend CLD for anyone suspecting they may have a leak somewhere. Just knowing every piece of equipment was checked and eliminated as being faulty and not having to worry about where it was going gave me great peace of mind. They not only eliminated the leak, they eliminated my sleepless nights. Thank you Canadian Leak Detection!

George in Bolton ON

Thank you George! We appreciate your time in writing this review. Glad to hear everything worked out for you. That's great.

ayemkay in Mississauga
ayemkay in Mississauga

Pool leak in Oakville

Opened my pool this year to discover there was a potential leak in the plumbing that didn't exist previously. I was referred to Canadian Leak Detection (CLD) by a pool service person, unrelated to CLD, who had previously enlisted their services. CLD is the company that your local pool shop calls when they can't find the leak.

Genaro (Office Manager) booked me an appointment for the next business day, as it was not an emergency. He was courteous, understanding, and professional. He explained CLD's process and work guarantee.

When the technicians (Daniel and Alex) arrived, I found them both to be pleasant, knowledgeable, and highly skilled. They performed all required diagnostics to find the issue, and then continued checking to ensure there wasn't any further issue. The entire system was diagnosed, and a quote was provided to fix the leak, in case I wanted to book them for the repair service.

My expectations are high, and I'm happy to say that they were exceeded. After comparing quotes, CLD is typically more expensive than your local pool shop. However, they are leak finding professionals who are specifically trained in using their equipment. They even guarantee to find the leak or you don't pay for the service. The extra few dollars were well worth the peace of mind provided!

I will be recommending the company to anyone who has a pool leak. Thank you very much!

Thank you Ayemkay. We appreciate you sharing your experience with Canadian Leak Detection! Have a nice Summer.

More about Canadian Leak Detection

Welcome to Canadian Leak Detection - Toronto. We offer accurate, non-destructive leak detection solutions to various industries such as water main contractors, home and building inspectors, insurance companies, property managers, swimming pool contractors and more. For more information, we invite you to call our office and speak with someone about ...
Looking for Swimming Pools, Spas & Hot Tubs pros in Toronto?