Canadian Leak Detection

Swimming Pools, Spas & Hot Tubs
Toronto ON
HomeStars  >  Swimming Pools, Spas & Hot Tubs in North York  >  Canadian Leak Detection

Reviews for Canadian Leak Detection

nono in Whitby
nono in Whitby
0 reviews Whitby, ON

Rude and incompetent

Their pool professional was anything but. Initially detected 2 potential leaks, sent someone to fix ($800 for 2 hour work). He was a very nice guy but for some reason, he only fixed one of the leaks, and then suddenly the second leak was much worse. The so-called professional who returned took no accountability and then when asked about it immediately became exceptionally aggressive and very rude.

The owner and I are very aware of this case. We detected a plumbing leak on their pool lines and gave them a heads up of possibly having a second leak 20ft away. We gave them a competitive price for the one repair for now. At their request, we scheduled repairs and sent them our best repair technician. He had to make two visits to complete the repair. 2 hours is an unfair exaggeration when you consider the truck costs for 2 trips and materials. He was even kind enough to leave them a FREE skimmer lid the second time he came so they wouldn’t have to buy one from the pool company they kept complaining about the entire time (they quoted them $80+ tx). When they saw how well the work was done, instead of thanking him, they requested a reduced price! Almost a month later, they reported further leakage. We came out again to test FREE OF CHARGE. Pin-pointed a leak where we originally suspected one. The woman grew upset when we provided a quote for the second repair. She accused us of causing the second leak and began arguing with our technician about our pricing, business model and practices. It got silly. He put her in her place and left. No one should put up with that. Unknown to her, the last person there was an owner of Canadian Leak Detection and she tried to report him to our office to leverage additional credits to her account.

UPDATE: The reviewer called our office requesting repairs from us even after their harsh review. We obviously declined to work for them and they have now taken to the internet in retaliation. ****CONTRACTORS BEWARE.

Leak source not accurately found as promissed

I was told that the they would find where the leak is within an inch up to a foot.
They came and marked the ground and then my plumber had to keep digging up to 2 meters to find the leak, this costed me more than it normally would. Canada Leak Detection did nothing to help me and when I told them about this, they took zero responsibility and still charged me full price. Would not recommend.

Thank you for your time in sharing your feedback. The business owner and I, the manager are well aware of this isolated incident. A large leak noise was detected in a pipe under a basement wall and could be heard bubbling on both sides of the wall. The leak was explained in detail verbally. The basement had a finished room on one side and an unfinished room on the other. Our technician suggested to start repairs on the unfinished side of the basement first to avoid excavating on the finished side unless you absolutely have to but he did warn you it may turn out being two holes on either side. You emailed us pictures of both holes on each side of the wall demanding a full refund claiming that we missed the leak by several meters. There was a lot of water in each hole from wash out underground which would explain why we heard it bubbling on both sides of the wall when we detected it. We politely re-explained how you were already warned this may happen and you seemed to understand his points of view before he left. The leak could have been anywhere on the 40-50ft length of pipe. Unfortunately, after reviewing your case, we did not feel a refund was merrited and did not honor your request. You took to the internet as you said you would. If the wall wasn't in the way, we would have told you to dig right in the middle so you could access both sides.

Private User reviews Caledon, ON

Excellent staff and service

In 2017 we had an exceptionally cold and wet summer. All my neighbors with pools were shedding water weekly. But I had to add a few inches each week. We searched all over looking for signs of a leak but couldn't find one. Then Canadian Leak Detection was recommended to us. Thank God! Gennaro and the office staff were great at explaining how they work and what I could expect and later even provided follow up service to make sure I was satisfied. Dan arrived on time and using the most sophisticated tools I've ever seen- checked pressure in pipes, the pump, the filter, heater and solar cell, dye tested the area around the skimmer and the jets and used listening equipment all around the pool while carefully checking for indications of liner pinholes or punctures or wet soil in the surroundings. Within 90 minutes he narrowed it down to one large leak (more than 1/4" per day) area behind one of the underwater lights. He performed a quick fix using waterproof putty and my pool is now back in full and worry-free use again. I no longer waste money refilling it weekly, checking chemicals balances and replacing expensive chemicals that were being lost underground. I highly recommend CLD for anyone suspecting they may have a leak somewhere. Just knowing every piece of equipment was checked and eliminated as being faulty and not having to worry about where it was going gave me great peace of mind. They not only eliminated the leak, they eliminated my sleepless nights. Thank you Canadian Leak Detection!

George in Bolton ON

Thank you George! We appreciate your time in writing this review. Glad to hear everything worked out for you. That's great.

ayemkay in Mississauga
ayemkay in Mississauga

Pool leak in Oakville

Opened my pool this year to discover there was a potential leak in the plumbing that didn't exist previously. I was referred to Canadian Leak Detection (CLD) by a pool service person, unrelated to CLD, who had previously enlisted their services. CLD is the company that your local pool shop calls when they can't find the leak.

Genaro (Office Manager) booked me an appointment for the next business day, as it was not an emergency. He was courteous, understanding, and professional. He explained CLD's process and work guarantee.

When the technicians (Daniel and Alex) arrived, I found them both to be pleasant, knowledgeable, and highly skilled. They performed all required diagnostics to find the issue, and then continued checking to ensure there wasn't any further issue. The entire system was diagnosed, and a quote was provided to fix the leak, in case I wanted to book them for the repair service.

My expectations are high, and I'm happy to say that they were exceeded. After comparing quotes, CLD is typically more expensive than your local pool shop. However, they are leak finding professionals who are specifically trained in using their equipment. They even guarantee to find the leak or you don't pay for the service. The extra few dollars were well worth the peace of mind provided!

I will be recommending the company to anyone who has a pool leak. Thank you very much!

Thank you Ayemkay. We appreciate you sharing your experience with Canadian Leak Detection! Have a nice Summer.

Marianne in Mississauga
Marianne in Mississauga

Leak Detection and Leak Repair

We were referred to Canadian Leak Detection Toronto to fix a suspected leak prior to proceeding with vinyl liner replacement. The premise is that you only pay for leak detection if they find a leak. They provide specific instruction to measure the volume of water leaking. In providing the report after detecting the leak they provided a no obligation quote to fix the leak and amark the area where the leak was found. We elected to proceed with fixing the leak and the technician was very professional and did an excellent job. Suggestions for improvement would be to engage a bit more in email as sometimes we were playing telephone tag. Second minor point was that I had to follow up for details of how the leak would be fixed. Neither of these things would get in the way of recommending the company to others. Great job.

Hello Marianne,
Thank you for choosing Canadian Leak Detection and leaving a review. We are always looking for new ways to enhance our customer experience and greatly appreciate your feedback regarding faster/better communication. Hope you enjoy your leak-free pool all season next year!

Happy Holidays,
Genaro.

Private User reviews Hamilton, ON

Pool inspection prior to home purchase

If you are closing your property greater than 30 days after the inspection don't waste your time or money with this company. We had a pull inspection done by this company and were never advised that the air they found in the lines could lead or signal a leak. When we opened the pool the lines from the skimmer to the pump were cracked. The repair cost us over $2500. When we called the company they were rude and told us they only warranty their work for 30 days. I do not recommend.

Sorry to hear about your experience. I see your profile says you are from Hamilton. You have reached the Toronto franchise review page. We do not go out to Hamilton. Our offices are individually owned and operated. Unfortunately, I cannot do anything about your situation but please feel free to forward your message to them: https://homestars.com/companies/2760178-canadian-leak-detection?service_area=1773382

Your feedback is important to all franchise owners.

More about Canadian Leak Detection

Welcome to Canadian Leak Detection - Toronto. We offer accurate, non-destructive leak detection solutions to various industries such as water main contractors, home and building inspectors, insurance companies, property managers, swimming pool contractors and more. For more information, we invite you to call our office and speak with someone about ...
Looking for Swimming Pools, Spas & Hot Tubs pros in North York?