Pillar To Post The Home Of Home Inspection

Home Inspection
Brampton ON
HomeStars  >  Home Inspection in Brampton  >  Pillar To Post The Home Of Home Inspection

Reviews for Pillar To Post The Home Of Home Inspection

Tom Major in New Denver
Tom Major in New Denver
0 reviews New Denver, BC

Missed big plumbing issues

Basement washing machine drain line backed up and plumber assessed as failed. Water service line only allows 1 water device to be used at a time. $10000 bill!!! They don't know what to look for....only give things a cursory look. Worthless!

Private User reviews Saint-Quentin, NB

Inspection by by Kathy Reed & Jerry Bourguignon

Our Home inspection was conducted in Tampa, Florida, on 03/13/2017 by Kathy & Jerry (1109 E. Patterson St. Tampa, FL 33604) https://kathleenreed.pillartopost.com/home

POSITIVES:

- It was easy to schedule a same day appointment

- They conducted the inspection very quickly by 3 people

NEGATIVES:

- It was not as thorough as we have had from other companies in the past

- They missed a roof leak that was found the next day by termite inspector. They did not even offer any compensation for their mistake. I was hoping that they will offer some discount for wind mitigation inspection, but they did not.

- They indicated that microwave makes some noise, but did not notice that exhaust fan does not work as well as inside light was not working. Now, as we moved and discovered this we have to replace the microwave

One more thing, not so important, but describes them. At the inspection they could not locate a light switch to check functionality of bulbs and Kathy promised me that she will call the owner and ask him. Next day, when I asked, she indicated that it is not her job. Possibly, I did not know this, but I did not ask her, she volunteered to get this information.

Private User reviews Abbotsford, BC

Brevard County - Worst Home Inspection Ever

I hired Pillar to Post to do my home inspection in Brevard County. The inspector was downright lazy. The roof on the house was replaced during the hurricane Andrew time, as such, a lot of those roof replacements were not permitted, which the insurance companies understands, but relies on the wind mitigation done by the inspector to access to see whether it was built to code. Pillar and Post refused to even enter my attic to complete that assessment, then reports on the wind mitigation 'unknown' to all the questions, saying that the attic space was tight. One month later, I had my AC ducts replaced in that same attic, and it was done successfully! LAZY and LAME is my opinion of this company.

Secondly, they inspected my Plumbing System which I am replacing one month later because they failed to adequately test it to see that it was badly damaged. Do NOT hire this company, they are incompetent!! and works in collaboration with realtors to abuse home owners.

Jim  in Peoria
Jim in Peoria
0 reviews Burnaby, BC

Pillar to post home inspections

In Peoria az I had pillar to post home inspection inspect a home I was going to buy. He never did a complete ac unit inspection, all of the pics in the report sucked very foggy. Never checked the receptacles for proper current flow woody is not worth $200

PJ in Cranbury
PJ in Cranbury
0 reviews Hinchinbrooke, QC

Home Inspection

Pillar To Post The Home Of Home Inspection
905-457-5511
Brampton

Gabi and her assistant were friendly and professional, but the home inspection was not worth the insane $700 price tag. It was not as thorough as I have had from other companies in the past and most of the items noted in the report were things I could have found with my own two eyes. The largest items in the house (heat, AC and plumbing) were not checked in the first visit and I was given excuses instead of insight on how to get the items properly inspected. I left the inspection with more questions than answers. The report was also not submitted to me promptly, which gave me less time to review before my contractual deadline. I had to reach out to corporate to get the report sent to me. Before leaving this review, I reached out to the district manager with very detailed feedback and he just gave me a generic reply. If you're making a big investment in real estate, I strongly advise you to do your homework before hiring Pillar to Post. High price does not always mean high quality.

Franklin in Brentwood
Franklin in Brentwood
0 reviews Franklin, QC

Inadequate Inspection

I hired Pillar to Post to inspect my home pre purchase. The inspector was timely and professional. Unfortunately the inspector "tested" the HVAC unit and indicated it was cooling adequately. Two weeks late we closed the deal. Within two hours after occupying the house the AC unit completely froze up. Significant leaks were found in the coils. No one was occupying the home in the interim. The ac unit was not running during that time frame. Pillar denied any responsibility for the erroneous testing indicating they only did "visuals" inspite of the fact their report indicates a 15 degree cooling differential. How do you visualize cooler air ? Then Pillar recited numerous clauses in their inspection report wherein they disclaim any responsibility for various items that they charged me to inspect and further more referred me to language where they "recommend" that I hire a HVAC professional. Nothing in their report suggested the HVAC unit was not operating correctly or perhaps I would have done so.

The bottom line is the inspector missed the HVAC problem completely. The company denies any culpability.

Don't bother hiring them. Save your money and simply get a plumber, AC tech and roofer to look at your home. These folks are quacks.

Private User reviews Brampton, ON

Pillar to Post did a superb job

We used pillar to post home inspection for a home as well as a duplex we bought in Olympia Wa. Both times the inspector was very thorough and explained everything to us as prospective purchasers. Lots of pictures and an informative report prepared each time.
We had some concerns about roofs and moisture damage. P to P zeroed in on all of our points. This enabled us to come back and make a satisfactory deal.

Clisa in Brampton
Clisa in Brampton
0 reviews Houston, BC

home inspection complete...fail!

home inspector missed obvious plumbing issues..like he completely ignored the bathrooms. he missed a rusted and broken drain pipe that he if he just looked in the access panel he would have seen it. He missed a detached drain pipe from the drain hole that if you can see just by looking at the drain hole. Plumbing repairs cost me $4700.00 and would have been a HUGE factor in buying this house. Due to the above I can not recommend this company.

Cassidy in Mission BC
Cassidy in Mission BC
0 reviews Mission, BC

House Inspection

The owner of P2P in Fraser Valley BC took my money for a house inspection, missed 80% of the defects, which ironically was found 2 years later while inspecting my house for the new sellers including asbestos in attic (which obviously would have been there 2.5 years ago), cracking concrete, leaking roof, etc. Immediately following inspection I felt intimidated by him pressuring me to pay cash ASAP. We pay them to be experts in this field, he was not. Nor will they take any liability for items they miss, as per their disclosure.. I highly suggest you spend your money elsewhere.