Service Today!!TM

Formerly Formerly Appliance Service People, The Central)
Appliance Repair
Toronto ON M2H 1J8
HomeStars  >  Appliance Repair in Oakville  >  Service Today!!TM

Reviews for Service Today!!TM

Hamid from Toronto
Hamid from Toronto

Repair

Service Today repaired my fridge and the dishwasher. They're always on time and they do their work in the most efficient manner. I have been using Service Today for a couple of years now and found them through a reference.

William  from Toronto
William from Toronto

Appliances

I know Service Today as an appliance service company and they are always doing repairs for me. The most recent repair that was done was getting my dryer to work. I didn't want to buy a new dryer so I had to invest in a part and they used that part to rebuild my dryer. I don't like the modern dryers as much and I am really happy with what they had done. They had to bypass the switch to make it work with the materials, but they did it! The other job done was the burner on an oven.

Service Today have worked on every appliance I have! They always get the job done. I have been using this name for about 30 years and when it used to be under a different name. They always send in one person an the service is really cheap and great. You pay that once and if they have to come back there usually isn't an extra charge. I notice that the other companies (when I have been under warranty) always send two people and I have to pay both, which costs me a lot more. They get the job done, they're creative and they're the best price.

B from Toronto
B from Toronto

Oven repair

We called to have our oven cooling fan replaced. No issues with booking. Service men came at time booked. And they called ahead to confirm they were coming. Part replacement was confirmed after examine the appliance. An estimated time line and price was given for ordering and installing the new part. The new cooling fan arrived and was installed within the expected time and price.

LR in Toronto
LR in Toronto

Repair Washing Machine

Washer was leaking water. Had used this company in past with good results. Called in late April and told that previous repairer(Duke) no longer worked for them. Repairer did not open washer. Said drum cracked and electrical control not working. Would cost $600 to repair and not worth it. Hired another repairer who opened machine, checked filter (clean) and then found drain pipe had become loose. Replaced it. Charged same as Appliance Service People but fixed washer. Machine has worked perfectly since.

Natalia from Thornhill
Natalia from Thornhill

Jenn-Air stove

Dec. 19,2013. Stove Jenn-Air needs a repair. Master from the company - Danny. Checked our stove. Gave an invoice K14829. Advised to buy a part at Sears outlet. ( I have sms from Danny confirming that he advice to buy that part for the stove.)
When he came to install it, it didn't work. He left and didn't say what to do next. He didn't fix my stove and I cannot return the part ($300) to the Sears Outlet because it was installed. Tried to call company's manager Bob and explained the situation, he said to contact Danny directly. Danny didn't reply. Bob said nothing could do.
My stove is still broken and I have the expensive part which didn't work and I cannot return.

Andrea Fernandes from Whitby
Andrea Fernandes from Whitby
3 reviews Whitby, ON

Appliance Repair Call

We needed a repair done on an apartment sized dryer in one of our rental units. When booking the appointment, I asked what their fees were. I was informed that there was a $35 service call, so I booked. The technician, who was rude (actually sushed me when I asked him if he needed anything), determined that the heating element was broken (which we already knew). He called to price the repair, and came back telling me it would be $315 + HST on top of the $35 service call fee AND a $20 diagnostic fee that mysteriously came out of thin air. I told him we would not be using them for the repair (I can buy a used dryer for the price of the repair) and he grunted at me, rolling his eyes, and paid the service call and diagnostic bill.

I followed up with their Customer Service department about the $20 diagnostic fee that I hadn't been informed of when I booked the appointment and I was essentially told that it was my problem, that their policy was that parts and labour are extra, and the individual refused to listen when I tried to explain that I had not been told that when I booked the appointment. At no point did he try to make things right, and even went as far as saying "Why should I care?" when I told him we would never use their services again.

Chris from Toronto
Chris from Toronto

Jenn air Oven

The Appliance Service operation is one to avoid at all costs. The operator- Bob is rude on the phone and won't bother to help you at all. We have a relay panel taken out and promised to have it fixed in 1 to 2 weeks. Every time I called to ask when it would be fixed Bob told me that the relay panel had been sent to the factory and not to call him back as he would call me when ready. After 5 weeks of waiting I cancelled the service and went out and bought a new oven as it was obvious that Bob had no idea of when or if the part was ever going to be replaced.

whynot2 in Oakville
whynot2 in Oakville

Refrigerator Service

Called in desperation just before Christmas due to noisy fridge. The good news is, service was availabe tht afternoon, and the guy did something, charging me over $250 for a fan motor and about 10 mins labour.

The bad news... the part he put in looked like a kluge...had to break tabs, snap shaft, and bend other things to get it to fit. Noise recurred about 48 hours later. Called them back, the guy listended said, 'different motor this time, will cost another $300 to fix'. Wasn't convinced and declined. So now I'm $250+ out, and still have a noisy refrigerator. Oh yea, found the part he changed online: $35.

Following that, went through the 'refrigerator file', and found that I had called then once before, at which time the ice cream auger motor was declared dead. It started to work by itself shortly after, lost a $75 deposit. Has worked fine ever since.

Definitely looking for an alternative service provider now.

randy in Oakville
randy in Oakville

washing machine rip off

our dryer died and my husband called the appliance service people. they came to our house and discovered that the issue was that the fuse had popped they had my daughter flip the fuse and then promptly charged us $141. Originally we were quoted $65 for the service call and if it was simply fix they would charge us for the part if not they would give us a written quote. Since they did nothing and they only issue was a switch being turned back on i expect the charge to be $65 . I called the owner Bob ( very rude man who hung up on me several times) he told me that it was $65 plus $10 every 10 minutes. I explained that this was not relayed to us on the phone and that we would be disputing the charge. He threaten to send me to collections and was not even prepared to discuss this issue or listen to what i had to say. Do not use these people

More about Service Today!!TM

We do service and repair of all makes and models of major appliances, including dishwashers, gas and electric ranges, washers and dryers, refrigerators and freezers, as well as heating and central air conditioning. It's all about the customer experience ! ! We focus on creating repeat customers by wowing you ...
Looking for Appliance Repair pros in Oakville?