Barrhaven Home Inspectors Inc

Reviews for Barrhaven Home Inspectors Inc

Hesham Alsh in Ottawa
Hesham Alsh in Ottawa

Home Inspection

Great service, Neil showed up on time and presented himself with great attitude. I was surprised to his attention to small details. Happy with the service and will recommended to anyone.

Elaine in Orleans
Elaine in Orleans

The best home inspectors

I found this company via the Better Business Bureau and it was a great find. They not only did the job I hired them for, but went way beyond the scope of their job and pointed out various problems that we had to take care of immediately, but were totally unaware of. I was so pleased they went that extra step which avoided us having damage to our home. Thank you Barrhaven Home Inspectors Inc.

Thank you very much Elaine for this grear review!
The Better Business is still the premier website for educated consumers that are looking for a honest and trustworthy contractors without the tabloid reviews of other less informative websites that are based on less than accurate information from unverifiable sources.

I have been a proud member of the Eastern Ontario BBB since 2008 without any complaints

Check it out here at: https://www.bbb.org/ottawa/business-reviews/home-inspection-service/barrhaven-home-inspectors-in-ottawa-on-32185

SIncerely,
Neil Card
Barrhaven Home Inspectors Inc.

1 review Ottawa, ON

Hyperbolic, inefficient assessment

Extremely dissatisfied and would not recommend.

Had a house assessed by this company. This company seemed to focus on extremely minor details and exaggerated any problems that were found. They were very inefficient with the assessment, wasting time with taking pictures of personal items of the previous home owner, and not focusing on big problem items that may be in the house. We noticed many areas where this company missed potentially big problems in the house. Maybe if they didnt focus on wasting time taking so many irrelevant pictures or finding extremely minor issues, they would have noticed the bigger ones. The 4 hour assessment could have easily been cut to 1 or 1.5 hours if any form of efficiency was employed. I'm not trying to find out if a tiny bit of caulking is missing, I'm trying to see if there are any major problem areas. Why even take so many pictures of personal items? That is not the goal of the assessment.

Pictures are the only way we as home inspectors can show the conditions that existed with the home at the time of the home inspection in case there are any future problems with the home. This person likes to complain how bad the home inspection was, but they never mention any of the supposed major defects that I had missed during the home inspection. They do not even put a name to their useless inaccurate comments but chooses to hide behind homestars and their misleading comments on a company that has never had a complaint with the Better Business Bureau in over 10 years of doing home inspections in Eastern Ontario. Homesstars refuses to release the name of the person who wrote this garbage. I have never taken four hours to do a home inspection and would you have much confidence in a home inspector that can do a complete single family home inspection in 1-1.5 hours as this misinformed individual suggests. Unfortunately when dealing with the public, a person has to deal with all types of clients, most are great and then there are some individuals that cannot be please regardless of how hard you try.

Homeowner in Ottawa
Homeowner in Ottawa
3 reviews Ottawa, ON

Finds things most wouldn't look at!

Neil has an eye for the meticulous that most inspectors would overlook.

While I care about big items in the Tarion Construction Performance Guide, Neil went beyond that and includes items that fit other requirements such as ENERGYSTAR requirements. If you buy one of these types of homes then you need to know what the additional requirements OUTSIDE of regular building codes are.

His findings have helped me immensely a year later because of a simple observation that most would have missed. I am now embattled with a contractor who has shown to have consistently cut corners. Neil was the first to allude to this and this company has exhibited a repeated pattern since.

Thank you for being detailed!

1 review Ottawa, ON

Home Inspection

Neil is an excellent home inspector. I have witnessed another home inspector for a friend's home and was not impressed at all. Neil will go onto the roof and do a through examine not just look with binoculars like some other people. He is very informative and will answer all your questions.

You would not be disappointed.

Karl Gajonera from Nepean
Karl Gajonera from Nepean

Home Inspection

We hired Neil to do a home inspection for our new home's 1 year warranty. After reading his site, reviews, comparing etc... we felt comfortable hiring him and trusted he would be punctual and meet our expectations. We were very wrong. First off, he rescheduled last minute. Then he was late arriving on site and then only required one hour's time to do a whole home inspection (townhome, nothing big) when he estimated, and asked us to set aside, a thorough inspection to take 2-3 hours. It was a visual inspection but we found ourselves pointing out a lot of things for him (which were all valid concerns). While he did point out some things we would have never thought to bring up to the builder, he ignored the foundation cracks we pointed out and said they're within code. 2 weeks later, we have water leaking into the basement as the snow started to melt! As for Neil, we thought he was not personable the day he came, barely talked to my partner and I to communicate what he is taking notes of. Just didnt seem like he was very interested in the job. Zero enthusiasm. He revelead once we've written and given him the payment cheque that he was just in Las Vegas and he always gets the flu when he returns. Got us sick after the fact. As per his reviews, turnaround time of the report is usually a day. Some say within hours. We received our one pager and 60 photos in 2 days' time. Overall, just a very unpleasant experience doing business with Neil. Should have listened to the wife....

I am not sure how homestars can involve themselves in a defamation lawsuit situation by publishing that I had unknowingly given the -flue to a client without documented medical proof to back it up.
To begin with, I did not arrive late on site since I had informed the client previously that I had booked two inspections for the same time frame and had asked them if there would be any issues if postponed the Tarion inspection for two while I completed the first inspection.If the client was so informed on the condition of their home why did Ithey waste their money to hire me when the could have completed the Tarion forms themselves.
The foundation cracks were not covered by the Warranty because they were too narrow and not leaking water at the time of the home inspection. personally, when I pay good money for professional advice I do not argue with the professional but some people have nothing better to do except complain because they feel I did not agree with their unjustified assessment. Warranty inspections are done 2-4 weeks before they are due to be submitted so it is not mandatory that the report be delivered ASAP like in a pre-purchase home inspection.
Neil Card

Home Inspection

This is the second post in regards to Neil Card inspection services as I did not decide to purchase the home due to the issues Neil was able to find and the seller was not willing to perform the repairs recommended back in December 2014.

Thanks to Neil’s expertise I ended up waiting for a home I truly wanted! Of course I had Neil perform his inspection services on this home. Neil again was prompt to arrive and despite the very cold temperatures that morning Neil still climbed up on the roof and did a thorough walk around outside of the home. In the end Neil was able to indentify issues that the seller was willing to fix and reduce the purchase price to accommodate these repairs. Neil also provided me with an inspection report with 105 pictures. Thanks to Neil’s report I saved way more money than the cost he charged for his services.

As a first time home buyer I am grateful to have had Neil’s services recommended to me and I would recommend him to anyone looking to by their first home or the dream home as that will hopefully be the next time I require Neil’s services once again.

Thanks Anthony for the continued trust in hiring the services of Barrhaven Home Inspectors to do both of your home inspections.
Getting it right when buying your first property goes a long way to a fulfilling home ownership experience.
Thanks Again,
Neil

Douglas from Ottawa
Douglas from Ottawa

Home Inspection for new house

Great work Neil. I was very impressed with your knowledge of code and your attention to detail. You found a problem with the kitchen sub floor that others might have missed. Thanks

Making sure that all major visible defects are brought to the clients attention during the home inspection so that the client can make an informed decision is the only way to serve the clients best interest as a home inspector

Home Inspection

For one of the biggest investments of your life you definitely want to choose Neil from Barrhaven Home Inspectors Inc. as your home inspector.

Neil was prompt and very professional on the day of inspection. Neil was able to identify electrical and other safety hazards that another home inspector missed. As well to my surprise he found former pest activity in the attic.

Neil was recommended to me by friends and even the seller. Neil also preformed my first home inspection hence i had many questions. Neil shared his knowledge and experience while going through the inspection process. Neil’s expertise combined with his thermal imaging became valuable information. At the end of the day Neil sent me 97 pictures a full report as well as a maintenance guide for first-time homeowners. Needless to say I would 100% recommend Neil for your inspection services.

More about Barrhaven Home Inspectors Inc

Ottawa area Home Inspector is now offering a professional Home Inspection in Ottawa starting at $225. 00. "InterNACHI" certified . BBB Member. We also do radon testing and thermal imaging inspections. For mor information please visit our website at www. BarrhavenHomeInspector. com