Silverstone Interlock

jan kang from Gloucester
jan kang from Gloucester
2 reviews Ottawa, ON

Patio install

We asked this company to install a rectangular shape patio with a little landing area under the stairs, a shed base and a little flower bed in between basement windowsill and patio edge.
We had communication issues like what we asked them to do vs. what they thought we asked them to do. This caused unexpected difference (to us) in the final bill. But we let this go because all was verbal and we didn't insist on getting a design sketch.
Another issue we had with them was them telling us "You can pay the rest with a credit card" when we were making a deposit, when they should/could have said "You can pay the rest with a credit card but add 3 % credit card service fee"
Overall, it wasn't a great experience.

David in Ottawa
David in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

Landscaping Project

We had this work done in Fall 2013. We had issues with the fencing and still do have other issues with it (mainly fence posts shifting). These are minor compared to the issues we had with the downspout drainage system installed by this company.
We engaged with this company on the recommendation of another contractor who had done excellent work for us. I required a drainage system for my downspouts that would work for all seasons. I wanted the drainage system buried in ground using proper drainage tile. I had this system at my previous residence for 5 years and never had a problem.
Gary ( the owner) assured me he had a better system. He clearly stated that if it did not work, he would come back and install the system that I had originally engaged him to install.
For the winter of 2013 I had large amounts of ice on the downspouts. They were damaged and had to be replaced. In 2014 the contractor came back and removed his system and supposedly installed it the way I wanted it installed in the first place. The same thing happened again during the winter of 2014.
In September 2015 I engaged another Contractor to finish the landscaping. In the process I had them redo the faulty drains. This Contractor found that at each downspout there was approximately 6 feet of non-perforated pipe forming a big "U" underground. At the end there was the perforated pipe that used to attempt a repair to the original installation.
Therefore the warranty work was faulty as well as the original installation. That was why I continued to have problems after the first warranty repair.
I approached the Contractor about this to which he indicated that his design was proper and he could redo the work to meet the original specifications however he would have to charge for this work.
I had the repair work done and in the process had the work documented. This Contractor provided a letter indicating how the drains were installed and why they would not work.
The morrow of this story is to have everything documented fully before signing any contract and do not allow any deviation from it regardless of promises by the contractor.

Belinda Manuel from Kanata
Belinda Manuel from Kanata
2 reviews Ottawa, ON

interlock

Horrible company! Did terrible job on our interlock. Having issues with our interlock for the past 3 years! Owner Gary came several times to look at the issues and always had an excuse why things were happening so he had his crew do band aid jobs to shut us up! This however did not work! Our interlock keeps lifting and the sand between the stone has NEVER hardened! I keep having to add sand every year but it doesn't work! I've had quite a few interlock companies come and take a look and we were told the job wasn't done correctly! I have contacted Gary about this matter several times and asked him to re do the interlock or I would have another company rip out the stone and re do it and I would send Gary the bill. Of course his answer was no! We are extremely disappointed with this company and will make sure people are aware of the terrible job they did! Now we have to hire a new company to do an entire new interlock design and remove the old stone. Stay away from this company!!!!!!!

Review has 2 previous versions
Guylaine in Orleans
Guylaine in Orleans
2 reviews ORL, ON

landscape

Courteous, professional, innovative, comparative in their rates, what pleasure it was for us to have our entire yard's landscaping redone at our waterfront property. They had come highly recommended by a neighbour in the Metcalfe area and understandably so. It is costly to landscape, but when it is done properly, it is well worth it.