Alberta Furnace Cleaning

Reviews for Alberta Furnace Cleaning

Irene in Edmonton
Irene in Edmonton

Cleanup after major renovation

So glad we called this company. Our home was hit by lightening, which meant complete tear down, followed by major renovations. All dry wall & floor boards were cut in our den because of the winter weather. Afterwaiting 4 months for the construction co to have the vents cleaned, I was advised by my insurance agent to arrange to go ahead & book someone. Totally out of my league, I checked reviews & found Alberta FurnaceCleaning.
These guys are amazing!! Alec & John were very professional & respectful of our home. The clean up was incredible as before & after photos showed how disgusting the build up of fine dust & construction debris was. We could tell the difference in air quality right away.
Office staff are so upbeat & pleasant to talk to.
Very pleased that we found this company. They are awesome.

Thank you very much Irene. We appreciate your kind words! We will definitely let Alec & John, as well as our Customer Service team know. I hope that you have a great weekend and enjoy the sunshine!

RJRK in Edmonton
RJRK in Edmonton
2 reviews Edmonton, AB

Experience and Teamwork = Efficiency

The forced air gas furnace in my home is approximately 10 years old; however, it has not been professionally cleaned during the seven years that I have been at this location. Obviously, I have been aware of dust that emanates from the floor vents which has been most problematic during cold winter months. In preparation for the upcoming winter, as part of a home renovation routine, I decided to have the furnace and ducts properly cleaned. I decided to call Alberta Furnace Cleaning having taken some time to do research on the Internet regarding cleaners in the metropolitan Edmonton region. I chose this firm based upon their reputation and the many positive comments and reviews posted by homeowners. Communication with office staff was excellent and I appreciated receiving a clear estimate of the anticipated cost of the service as well as detailed information regarding scheduling the appointment.
I was impressed by the two technicians, Eric and Robbie, who arrived. In watching them work, it was obvious that this "team" was experienced and worked extremely well together. It was clear that they had developed a routine (involving division of labour) that allowed them to work quickly, efficiently and productively. Eric was responsible for the furnace room which included attending to the furnace itself as well as opening air plenums and ductwork leading up to the main floor. Robbie's responsibility was to identify all the floor ducts in the home and to clean each of them with high-pressure air. It was interesting to observe that Robbie had developed a systematic routine of cleaning of the air vents – beginning with those farthest from the entrance – ending with the last one closest to the exit. This minimized the amount of walking around and, more importantly, need to lift and drag air pressure hoses around the home. The pair's teamwork skill was well manifested during the last half of the cleaning session. Using hand signals, Eric set about to clean furnace and each of the ducts and air plenums in the furnace room while Robbie coordinated livery of air pressure watching for hand signals quickly communicated to him by Eric. Additionally, these two fellows were very personable and friendly. At the end of the cleaning session, Eric took time to explain everything that he had done in cleaning the furnace itself and offered helpful recommendations regarding what I could to minimize dust buildup between furnace cleanings. Overall, my expectations were more than met in contracting with this firm and I would not hesitate to strongly recommend them to others interested having a forced air furnace professionally cleaned.

Hi RJRK,

Thank you for taking the time to highlight your experience with Alberta Carpet And Furnace Cleaning, we are super glad to hear your feedback. I'm glad you noticed the teamwork and efficiency that comes from that. Our Technicians really give it their all and make sure that we clean out your ducts accordingly.

We look forward to cleaning out your vents in a year or so and if you have any questions or concerns feel free to reach out! Thanks again for leaving this wonderful feedback and have yourself a lovely morning!

Cheers,
Devin Lightfoot

1 review Division No. 11, AB

Alberta Furnace Cleaning

DON'T waste your money. They tried to overcharge me, damaged my property and then made me wait to have a tech come 'look' at the damage. I will NEVER use them again. There are FAR better companies. Do NOT use Alberta Furnace Cleaners. When cleaning my dryer vent, they pulled it out of the wall. I didn't realized until the insides of my wall were full of moisture. Now I'm facing costly repairs and they're giving me the run around. I'm beyond livid.

Hello Kathryn,

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me this morning. I am truly sorry for your experience with us in regards to the damage to your property. We appreciate the opportunity to make things right. Our technicians were able to rectify the concern with your dryer vent. Once I have spoken with the furnace division manager regarding the wall, I will be in touch. Our services are backed with 100% Happiness Guarantee and we want to assure you, we take all concerns very seriously and endeavour to resolve them to your satisfaction.

Regards,
Anjana

**Update Monday July 31, 2017

Kathryn,

Thank you for allowing us into your home to rectify the concern. We have fixed the concern with the dryer vent and reinstalled all the effected insulation. Once again, we would like to apologize for the inconvenience we have put you through. I hope the concern has been resolved to your satisfaction and if there is anything further we could assist you, kindly contact us. We are here to help.

Regards,
Anjana

Darcie in
Darcie in

Furnace Cleaning

From Sandy in the office, to Orville and Cole that cleaned the furnace and ducts, I would highly recommend this company to everyone.
Orville and Cole were right on time, professional and did a fantastic job. I will definitely use Alberta Furnace Cleaning again!!!!

Hi Darcie, I'm glad to hear you were happy with the service you received from Alberta Furnace Cleaning, however this is the Edmonton office and I am afraid you may have mistaken us for the Calgary location, which is completely independent -if you have the chance, I'm sure they would appreciate if you could move your review to their listing!

Shaji Madhavan in Edmonton
Shaji Madhavan in Edmonton

Furnace cleaning.

The technicians came on time and they were friendly , very professional and did an excellent job. The technicians were cleaned very carefully without any mess. And the phone calls response was also great. Thank you...

Thanks Shaji! We're happy to hear that you were satisfied with your service and look forward to cleaning for you again!

Ryan King in Edmonton
Ryan King in Edmonton
12 reviews Edmonton, AB

Top Guns

Clean, affordable and great service. The tech was very knowledgeable and mindful of keeping the doors closed (as much as possible) on the cooler day that we have this service done.
We have and will be dealing with them again.

Ryan, thank you for taking the time to share your great review! We're pleased that everything was great.

Expensive, Bad Service, and Argumentative Company

I found the service was expensive at $314 for a furnace cleaning of a 1,000 square foot bungalow with an unfinished basement. I don't even think that they did anything with the hot water tank as had been indicated on their coupon.

Also, they put in the wrong filter size and the call center staff as well as Matt were very argumentative about it and told me that the filter is only worth $1, that I had to meet them in the middle and that they are not my employee. I had called them about the filter based on principle.

They also did not provide me with an invoice so I have no idea what the breakdown of the expenses were but immediately charged my credit card.

I cancelled my carpet cleaning that had been booked with them and I won't use their services again - too expensive and too argumentative over $1. Next time, I will try another company that has a higher rating.

UPDATED REPLY December 4, 2015 - I have spoken with Matt at length about what we could have done differently to have made your experience with our company better. I understand from Matt that you are being refunded the full amount of our cleaning under our Happiness Guarantee. Again, I appreciate the opportunity to have received your feedback. Best Regards, Holly Jones - President

December 3, 2015 - Hello, and thank you for taking the time to post a review. I have not had a chance to check in with our call centre yet (we record all telephone calls for quality, so I will be reviewing the conversations you had). I'm very alarmed to hear your concerns - we should be providing an invoice with every cleaning - I will make sure that you receive one by mail for your records. In regards to the pricing, the layout of each and every home is different and our pricing is set to reflect how many vents you have, however, it sounds to me like you did not have an accurate perception prior to the cleaning. We do stock standard filters, so if your home did not have a standard size (95% of homes have a 16X25 or 20X25 filter), that would be why we were not able to provide the right size, but again, I have not gotten the details of your concern back so I'm not sure that that was the case. Thanks again for your feedback - our aim is to provide great service, and we apologize.

Corinne from Edmonton
Corinne from Edmonton
8 reviews Edmonton, AB

Furnace/duct cleaning

I was very pleased with the work that was done in my home. The lady I spoke with to set up the appointment was fantastic. The techs arrived on time, And did a splendid job. They also suggested a permanent filter for my furnace, with a lifetime guarantee. Wonderful.

The problem arose after the techs left. They did not have the correct size of filter with them, and told me i would receive a call in a few days to arrange for someone to come out and install it. Since then,it has been two calls from the company daily. Calling to advise the filter was in and them to arrange a delivery time is fine, then it's someone calling to remind me of delivery windows, someone calling to "make sure" I'd be home in the date I arranged for the install. The list goes on. Far too many phone calls, to date and I'm sure there will be several more on the install date. This company needs to get their call centre to run more efficiently and limit the number of calls to the customers. It is total overkill and may prevent me from using them in future, just to avoid the constant phone calls.

Hi Corinne, thank you so much for your feedback. I'm happy to hear that the cleaning met your expectations, but I understand that excessive phone calls are disruptive and annoying. We will be looking into your case specifically and our system in general to make sure that we learn from our mistake. Thanks again for letting us know.

Costel Anghele from Calgary
Costel Anghele from Calgary

Duct Cleaning

I apologize for sending this review to the wrong company. Thank you for letting me know. Have a great day. I am giving you 10 stars for your prompt reply. Thank you

Review has 1 previous version

Hi Costel, I'm sorry to hear about your experience but it sounds like you've mixed us up with Alberta Furnace Cleaning in Calgary. We are independently owned companies so this is not the right place to leave your review, but I will do my best to make sure to send your concern on to them.

Kim from Beaumont
Kim from Beaumont
3 reviews Beaumont, AB

Furnance & Vent Cleaning

Oct 09, 2014
Have used this company exclusively over the 18 years we've lived in home. Had service done on this date & staff(Ha, Justin and Dillan) were the utmost in professionalism and customer service (as were the staff who made the phone calls prior to their arrival) Kudos to the 3 fellows. Only strange issue we had was being told there were 2 additional vents that had never been done which were done at this visit & which made our bill much higher than we were told . Given this is the ONLY company we have ever used in this home over 18 years - how is it that 2 ducts were never discovered and cleaned in ALL those years by the numerous technicians that came in and were supposed to be thorough in completing the job????

Update Oct 14,2014
Hi Holly,
Thank you so much for responding and sending the issue onto your general manager. I can not say enough about her. She contacted us today and has gone above & beyond anything we expected a company to do- an outstanding representative for your company- no wonder she has been there since 1984 which is actually how long we have been customers of your company. We can't say enough and only wish ALL companies followed Alberta Carpet & Furnace Cleaning's example of amazing customer service. A big thank you to you and her.

Review has 1 previous version

Hi Kim, Thank you for providing your feedback - I'm happy to hear that the cleaning went well, but sorry to hear about the vent count confusion - we always want to make sure that our pricing is clear and thorough. I was able to locate what I think is your customer file and review your vent counts and you are correct that there has been some variation in your counts. On a note from an older invoice I could see that there were 2 vents in a crawl space that were mentioned and my best guess would be that we did not access those two vents at the cleaning before this one, resulting in 2 less vents than the current cleaning. I have passed on your concern to a manager who will be following up with you.

Best Regards,
Holly Jones
President
Alberta Carpet & Furnace Cleaning

Hi Kim, I'm thrilled to hear that Dana was able to turn this into a great experience for you! Thanks for the great review!

More about Alberta Furnace Cleaning

Service That Works For You! Instant Online Quote & Online Booking Available.

Alberta Furnace Cleaning has been serving Edmonton for over 20 years. We specialize in furnace & duct cleaning for residential and commercial customers. We stand behind our work with a satisfaction guarantee and have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau. When you call Alberta Furnace Cleaning you can be sure that you'll be visited by a well trained tech specialist who will use state-of-the-art truck mounted furnace and duct cleaning equipment and Systemsafe Roto-Whip™ full contact brushless duct cleaning to provide the most effective, safe and thorough cleaning.

Services: Furnace & Duct Cleaning, Dryer Vent Cleaning, Residential & Commercial HVAC Cleaning