Waterproofing

Reviews for The Basement Guy Waterproofing

Ali Jaffer from Toronto
Ali Jaffer from Toronto

Window Well Waterproofing

Jason and his team did a great job, opening up my deck and digging down to the footing, water proofing and re-installing the window well and deck. Since they came in August, I have had no further leaks into my basement.

Mike from Burlington
Mike from Burlington
4 reviews Burlington, ON

Basement water leak

We have a Geo Thermal heating system that has two pipes coming through the basement wall just above the floor level. After 9 years I noticed a small leak. Jessy came out and gave me a very reasonable quote and really seemed to know the solution. I gave the OK and shortly after I came home and found they had dug down to the weeping tiles, sealed the place where the two pipes went through the wall and everything (including flowers) were all back in place. I could hardly tell they had been there! Great Work and good price.

Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

Great job

The Basement Guy Waterproofing
(905) 782-9379
Un Known
L3T5R4

Jason and his crew solved our water problem.
We had a leak in an awkward place. On the inside it was along a fished wall. On the outside it was located where our interlocking patio is. I imagined having to tear apart our drywall inside the basement or making a huge mess of our patio.

Jason's crew did an excellent job fixing our leak returning our patio to better than its original
state. They sent photos of the job which I received while still at work. I was shocked to see the last photo - I thought it was a photo taken before the dig. The cost was very reasonable.
Should we have another water problem in our basement I will be sure to call Jason for repairs. I am more than happy with the repair

Thank you to Jason and his crew.

Thanks for the review. We use a compactor to pack the earth to its original state. If there is any settling in the future, don't hesitate to call. We ca re set the paving stones .

Cathy - Maple in Vaughan
Cathy - Maple in Vaughan

Basement Leak

The basement guys fixed a leak on the north side of our house a few years ago and did a great job, so when we had another basement leak on the south side wall, we called them again. They were great. They came out removed the interlock, dug and fixed the problem and replaced the interlock brick all within a day and on a Thursday before the long weekend - especially greatful since we are renovating the basement and their fast and efficient work didn't hold up our reno. Thanks Guys.

Thanks for the review. We appreciate your feed back.

Maria in Milton
Maria in Milton
2 reviews Milton, ON

Don't stand by their 25 year guarantee

We had the entire side of our house dug and sealed as recommended by their rep. 2 months later we had the same leak from the same place. The owner came out and refused to take any responsibility for the improper work. And he was rude and argumentative to the point we had to ask him to leave. He kept insisting it was coming from another location when he had never seen the leak before the work was done. Thy claim to give a 25 year guarantee and in fact we had work done by them with no issue 4 other times in the last 10 years. But it seems they are good only as long as they don't have to stand by their work...Apparently the 25 year guarantee just looks pretty on the invoice.

WE ALLWAYS STAND BEHIND OUR GUARANTEE . We first have to verify the leak. We test with a water hose from outside to see where the water comes from and where it ends up inside. During my visit I insisted this several times, they would not allow me to test. They may see that as argumentative and rude, but it has to be done. It is in everyone's best interest to determine how the water gets in. If the water is coming from where we have done work we will gladly redo it. I clearly stated that to them then and later through documented correspondence. We stand behind our guarantee but let us first test to find the problem. The home owners position is that they do not want the leak fixed but would rather have their money back. Our offer to come and test still stands.

dg
dg

Waterproofing window bays

Dig out and redo window bays and re route sump pump discharge. New bays installed and fill with gravel.

kellyt
kellyt
1 review Halton Hills, ON

Window well replacement

The Basement Guys replaced my leaking window well. They first came out and quickly quoted the job, and called afterwards to schedule a date for the work to be done. They showed up on time, completed the work quickly and on budget. Their price was absolutely reasonable. I would recommend them to anyone with any basement issues.

Thank you very much Kelly We appreciate the kind words

Alan Lepofsky from Burlington
Alan Lepofsky from Burlington
6 reviews Burlington, ON

Basement waterproofing

Our basement flooded during the massive Aug 4th storm over Burlington, Ont. I contacted The Basement Guy Waterproofing after finding them via a Google search for "window well repairs Burlington". Jessie came over and provided me a quote for the work, including a 25 year guarantee.

While fixing the window well they unfortunately discovered cracks in the foundation which required a lot of additional work. Over the course of 3 days the entire crew, lead by Nicholas did a fantastic job. They trenched the side of the house, sealed the cracks, applied blueskin and a dimpled membrane, added a new stone layer above the weeping tile and then filed everything back in and graded the surface away from the house.

It was a costly process, one I hope I don't ever have to do again, but the team from the Basement Guy made it as smooth as such a thing can be.

Jenniger from Toronto
Jenniger from Toronto
2 reviews North York, ON

waterproofing the exterior of our home

We had the Basement Guys waterproof our home three years ago and have water entering our home ever since. I have been fighting with them ever since and they have refused to guarantee their work.... They are crooks!!!! Stay away from them!!!

WE HAVE NO IDEA WHO THIS PERSON IS AND IT IS TOO OLD FOR HOMESTARS TO INVESTIGATE. WE HAVE NO RECOLLECTION OF ANY UNRESOLVED ISSUES. Hi Jenniger, I have just been notified of this review and even though it is 2 years old I would like to opportunity to speak with you about your experience and see if there is anything to resolve. Please call Jason - 905-598-4355 I am the owner of The Basement Guy so I can try to take care of this. Please reach out so I can be assured that this is in fact a legitimate review. I cannot think of anyone that we have not responded to. We have been members of the BBB for over 10 years, 7 years longer than this site without any negative reviews or claims.

Ali
Ali

Basement Waterproofing

We had water in our basement and had the Basement Guy come out and dig up (by hand due to narrow sidewalk) the side of our house and repair where the water was coming in. The crew worked hard, and since this time our basement has not leaked.

More about The Basement Guy Waterproofing

With 30 years of experience in the waterproofing business, we bring knowledge to help with your waterproofing needs.