Homestead Maid Service

House & Apartment Cleaning
45 Sheppard Ave East, Suite 900 Toronto ON M2N 5W9
HomeStars  >  House & Apartment Cleaning in Toronto  >  Homestead Maid Service
How well a company responds to Quote Requests and Reviews.

Reviews for Homestead Maid Service

Diane in Scarborough

I have worked with Homestead Maid for several years at my house and then condo having cleaning done on a bi-weekly basis. I have a wonderful cleaning lady - Monique and I count the days until she arrives every 2 weeks! I have worked with a few of the cleaning staff at Homestead Maid and all have been very good. The company is extremely reliable. If a cleaning lady has to cancel, Homestead will send someone in their place. They are extremely accommodating if I need to change my cleaning schedule. They even call me the night before to remind me of cleaning! Susan (who works at head office) is very organized and lovely to deal with. Homestead Maid's cleaning staff are very trustworthy and professional.

Matt in Pickering

I had a great experience with Homestead Maid Service. After looking into a number of different cleaning services in Toronto, this one seemed to be the most affordable and offer the most flexibility and service. I called on a Monday to schedule monthly cleaning services and they were able to schedule a person to come in only two days later. The cleaner did a fantastic job and will be using them again. She even did our laundry, which is a huge plus for me. Would definitely recommend.

Job Price

When rooms in my house needed cleaning Homestead Maid sent very good maids to my house 5 or 6 times during the past 18 months. Each maid new better than I did how to properly clean rooms in my house. It was always so pleasant to look at my clean house after the maids had left. I plan to continue to use Homestead maids when rooms in my house need cleaning.

Dima in Toronto

Compared to other companies that provide similar services, Homestead has very good and very competitive prices. We just moved to a new house where the landlord had failed to clean it as promised and it was a total and utter mess, I found them online and called them and Suzan who handled the phone call was very friendly and kind. They were also flexible enough to offer same day service and sent in Ronda, who arrived on time and did a splendid job! She did such good work and paid close attention to detail, cleaning out grime and dust that had been sitting there for years, and the entire space was transformed after she was done. It's very hard to find such good work and attention to detail these days, and most companies I have dealt with or my friends have dealt with will skip or hurry the job along when you are not looking, while with Ronda she was the one who was drawing my attention to spots in need of thorough care. Thank you homestead! Highly recommend them especially for deep cleaning and good work!

Job Price

Thanks so much for the feedback Dima . The emphasis on quality as well as top customer service is what we aim for each and every time . We look forward to servicing you again .
Mark ( owner/mgr ) .

Maureen in Toronto

We have used their service for many years. They are very reliable, and accommodating when needed. It is always a pleasure to enjoy a clean house after they have been here.

Job Price

Thank you Maureen for taking the time to let us know you appreciate us . It means a lot .
Mark

I have been using this service for several years. At times there were issues with some of the housekeepers getting lost, but all in all I have been satisfied with the service. Most of the ladies who cleaned were very efficient. If there were major issues, Mark was frequently in touch to sort things out.

Job Price

Thank you . I constantly put customer satisfaction as our highest priority .
Mark

Linda H in Toronto

We have greatly appreciated the services of Homestead Maid personnel since March 2003 -- about 16 years so far. I love the fact that they let you try their best new person, and if you like them, schedule that same person regularly for years on end so that they can cope with the initial state of your house, get to know your house's needs and build on their progress.
The managers of Homestead Maid are reasonable people, and occasional misunderstandings were always resolved quickly and fairly. They must be decent employers because they do not have frequent staff turnover. However, their hourly charges are competitive, so, if you can afford it, I recommend generous and consistent tipping of anyone you like. Helping to keep good staff is great for us clients so that we don't have to keep training new people. In 16 years, we have only had to train a new person four times!
For 15 of those years, we had a 3 storey house, which takes a lot of cleaning in only 3 hours, once every two weeks. After the first few visits, I learned how much can realistically be done in that time, and learned to do easy tasks like my dishes beforehand and prioritize more arduous tasks. Biweekly surface-cleaning tasks included washing kitchen counters, range and floor, wet-swiffing hardwood floors in large living/dining area and master bedroom , leaving two bathrooms sparkling clean, and vacuuming the wall-to-wall carpet on top floor. To save money, I closed off one small third bathroom (easy for me to keep clean) and my messy study. This made time for one "deep cleaning" task per week such as cleaning kitchen drawers or the refrigerator. After moving out the furniture, we hired two people for 3 hours each to clean the whole place from top to bottom. Thanks to them, the house looked beautiful for the resale showings. One year later, that same person from Homestead makes our large condo beautifully clean in 3 hours every two weeks.

Job Price

Thank you Linda - I feel this review accurately depicts what we're all about and continue to be all about .

Jess in Toronto

Homestead went out of their way to help us out when another company didn't show for their regularly scheduled visits. They sent Donna, who is, in my humble opinion, the sweetest and the best person they could have sent us. She is extremely thorough and attentive. I have since been requesting Donna for our regular biweekly visi