Renew Stairs

Railings

Reviews for Renew Stairs

Staircase renovation

We had a staircase in an older home which was completely open on both sides, i.e. no pickets and only a handrail on one side, so it was very unsafe and we wanted to fix that. Moe and his team were friendly and helpful with different options throughout the process, and the finished product blends so well with the existing structure and the rest of the home, nobody would know it wasn't original. Moe's team were clean and respectful while on-site and they were able to perfectly match the new wood stain color with the existing wood, which we were not expecting. We're very satisfied with how this project turned out!

It was our pleasure working with you! Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. If we can be of further service please don't hesitate to reach out.

DanS in Pickering
DanS in Pickering
1 review Pickering, ON

Staircase Refinishing Best!!

We hired Moe to refinish our stair case which was previously carpet and we got exactly what we hoped for, a modern looking hardwood product! He took his time and made a couple of trips providing samples of different pickets and his expertise and guidance was second to none as we might have made some bad decisions without his guidance. We had a friend who we obtained a quote for similar work which was more expensive, we found that his work was well worth the monies!! Hire them you will not regret your decision. Please take a look at our before and after pics and see for your self!

I take great pride in my work and want all my customers to be satisfied with the workmanship done. Thank you for this great review and your kind words!

patrick07
patrick07
1 review Scarborough, ON

Renew Stairs

The workmanship was excellent and my wife and I were extremely pleased with the finish. When first contacted to give a quote we were asked to pay up front a fair amount before any work was done. He was to then deliver the materials to our home and then to start the job later. My instinct told me it would be ok and so I did. I got the feeling that he may have had a bad experience before and so he was being cautious. However he kept his word and did everything he said he would and in the timeframe agreed.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We pride ourselves on our customer service and we're so happy that you were pleased with the work done.

Wes
Wes

Staircase railings

Moe spent time reviewing my options and guiding me to a staircase railing solution including coming out to measure and showing me samples. It wasn't a big job but there were some very tricky things about it and together we solved them well. His worker did a great job implementing it all and I'm very happy with how it turned out.

Thank you for your feedback on Homestars.com. I appreciate you taking the time to write a review on the work done. I'm so pleased that you were happy with the end result.

Stuart
Stuart

Stairs Renovation

The stairs renovation was top notch and so was the service from start to finish. They're worthy of a magazine cover. Moe and his team get 5 stars from my wife and myself.

Thank you for the review! I always strive to make all my customers 100% satisfied with the job. Your review is very much appreciated!

reidfamily1
reidfamily1
1 review Halton Hills, ON

Hardwood floor

Very skilled and left it very clean we used them before for stairs would use them again

Canyas R.
Canyas R.
1 review Aurora, ON

Stair Remodeling

Renew Stairs (Moe) was very professional and did a very good job for me, they designed and replace my curved stair case with very nice open concept self support L shape stair, also they changed my Railing, Everything was on time and it was very helpful during my tight time frame to finish my renovation.
Thanks Moe and Renew Stairs

rmilano
rmilano

Replaced wood pickets in railings with metal

Moe was very experienced and knowledgeable. Came in to measure, was accurate and installation was scheduled in a timely manner and as promised.
His installation guys were quick and efficient, leaving my home clean and orderly. The staircase looks amazing. On time and in budget. Highly recommended.

Roger Moreau of Mississauga
Roger Moreau of Mississauga

Do NOT give this man your money!

I cannot say that all the work done was terrible. It wasn't. The triangular 'landing' was handled well and much of the hardwood flooring looks nice.

But Moe will demand to be paid substantial amounts in the course of the work. Usually, with contractors doing a job as big as this (all the stairs and much hardwood flooring) that is not a cause for concern. But it is with this company!

Here's the reason: He wants a large amount of money as you go, in case a problem arises where he cannot satisfy the client. With cash in hand,
he is able to walk away with the money he has and blame all the imperfections on "the natural qualities of wood". (Don't get me started on the staining problems....I would be here all day.)

I learned this by making an amateur's mistake and for this error I have suffered. I actually paid him the full $14,000 before finding a lot of problems. For every problem, he repeated his stock answer,

" That is not my responsibility!"

Would Moe have brushed me off like that if I still owed him $7.000?

Sawing in the house:

Without permission or warning, the boys suddenly moved the power saw from the garage, INSIDE the house, to the base of the upper staircase. Only six feet from the concrete pad outside the front door or steps from the inside door to the garage. The sudden and unexpected sawdust storm went through virtually our entire living quarters causing a terrible mess.

But don’t you dare blame Moe nor expect an apology. "I told you it would be messy!"

Splinters all over the unfinished part of basement:

For an unkown reason, all the staples went right through the hardwood flooring and the subfloor, strewing hundreds of dangerous pieces of
wood. "In fourteen years, I never see this before. Not my responsibility."

Note: I have to admit, a search of the Web does not show this staple problem as a common issue. But I would really have appreciated an apology. Not happening. I think he believes any small admission of fault
would lead to Small Claims Court.

Roger Moreau
Mississauga

Ps: I would suggest contacting me directly with any queries or comments, but I believe I am not allowed to post an email address or personal phone number in this text.

Review has 1 previous version

Hello,

This job was completed back in May so I was surprised and saddened to get this review. This review is more of a review of me then the work done? I'm glad that you were pleased with the workmanship of the triangular landing and hardwood flooring. For that alone, I think a 1/10 review is not only unfair but rather bizarre.
I take great pride in my work. I also take customer service and satisfaction very seriously. I certainly do not take a large amount of money and refuse to fix things if needed. I always strive to complete the job to a 100% satisfaction of my customers. Occasionally, there are issues which are not in our control. There was a deposit given at the beginning of this job and a few days after the job was completed we received the remaining $9400.00 (70%) owed. Therefore, I'm not sure why you're saying I take a substantial amount of money? You walked around and inspected everything and were more then satisfied before we received the final payment. In fact, you emailed me that you were pleased with the work done which I can provide. Again, you were checking the job as we were working and had 3 days to go over the work that was done.

You mentioned sawing in the house without permission or warning. This simply isn't true. We asked for your permission one time to saw inside as it was a rainy day and you agreed. I'm sorry if there was any miscommunication here.

In terms of the splinters, the Web would not show this as a common issue because it isn't. This happened because your basement was unfinished and we did not know or were told. If you're quoting on a small living room what installer would go to the basement and check there? We came to do the job we were asked to do, and it was done very well and to the highest standard.

We have many happy and wonderful customers because we work hard to make our customers happy and luckily situations like this are extremely rare. As inaccurate as your review is of me personally, I appreciate your feedback and wish you the best.

Moe

Christine in Toronto
Christine in Toronto
1 review Pickering, ON

Staircase Upgrade

Moe did two staircases in my home. He made me feel very comfortable to speak to and took his time to help me decide what the best look was for my stairs. He offered suggestions and supplied photos so I could decide what I liked. He made it clear that he wanted me to be happy :) Well, I couldn't be happier!! Moe's person, Queenie was the person you did my stairs and he was very pleasant, showed up on time every day and worked diligently taking pride in his work. If you want a grand looking staircase, this is the company for the job! I've attached some Before and After photos too.

More about Renew Stairs

We renovate carpeted stairs into a wood finish and build railings into solid oak or maple.

Our company's goal is to help you have great looking stairs that are safe, affordable and timely.

Renew Stairs can provide you unfinished or finished stairs.

We use hand selected oak & maple (or other kind of) you choose.

Advantages of pre-finished stairs:
*Project will be finished in 2 days
*Less dust in the house
*You can use the stairs during installation
*Lower price

INFO@RENEWSTAIRS.CA

Our Commitment:
*Finishing the job in high end quality
*Customer satisfaction
*Reasonable price
*To stand 100% behind our work quality.
*On Time Professional Installation - Guaranteed