Abell Pest Control

Reviews for Abell Pest Control

toshopr in Etobicoke
toshopr in Etobicoke
4 reviews Etobicoke, ON

Nesting squirrel in our roof

Called Abel to get them to relieve us of our squirrel problem.
They came out and put a one way door on the hole.
Then they proceeded to tell us that they would be back to pick up the one way door next week, when they would be sure that the squirrel had vacated the premises.
When asked if they would then clean out the nest and obstruct the entrance to the nest, they responded that they were only going to assure us removal of the squirrel. Upon removal of the one way trap, they could not guarantee that the squirrel would not return.
Soooo....how exactly have they solved our problem???
They didn't .
When challenged, they simply tried to justify their position.
We did not receive a refund, or even an apology.
We paid over $400 for some guy to climb a ladder and screw on a shoddy little wire trap. What a rip off.

dhc in Calgary
dhc in Calgary

pest control of pocket gophers

Last summer I had a pocket gopher invade my backyard. Most people have never seen a pocket gopher but have probably seen the results of their activity. These are the critters that leave those mounds of dirt in the green spaces that are all over the city. I tried to get rid of the pest on my own by sticking a garden hose down the hole and just drowning it out (they typically won't surface). Well, all I got was a big water bill. So I called Abell Pest Control and scheduled an appointment. I'm not a fan of using poison since I have a huge backyard garden (which is organic). But the service guy assured me he would minimize the amount of chemicals he would have to apply. There was only one patch of chives that I had to sacrifice because the gopher had dug right by them. AFter two applications (a few weeks apart) there was no new activitiy (mounds of dirt) and my garden was left relatively intact. I recommend Abell and would hire them again.

Jeanne of Aldershot
Jeanne of Aldershot
3 reviews Burlington, ON

Pest control - Carpenter ants

I discovered carpenter ants were 'dining' on my lower kitchen cupboards; I also had a problem with spiders. The technician from Abell walked me around my property and explained the habits of carpenter ants and what would be required. I chose to have a complete pest control service, which covered one full year -I think 4 visits-- plus any additional visits as necessary. They were informative, efficient, and friendly. The best part was I was ant, spider, moth, and mouse free! They are as good as their ads suggest.

L.T. in Vancouver
L.T. in Vancouver
2 reviews Vancouver, BC

Cockroach control

Our basement suite had cockroaches and this company was chosen because of the solid reputation and good stories I'd heard of their service from friends and coworkers. My place of employment also used Abell for their pest control needs, and their professional services were always appreciated. The price was fair, they offered a three month guarantee on their work, the tech was friendly and humorous and they were punctual.

torontowest
torontowest

Annual pest control contract

I've used Abell PC twice in the last year for 2 different properties, their treatment works and is effective but they have to improve their end-user customer service experience. I did not feel well informed about their treatment, they did not make too many recommendations on how I can prevent the pests from coming back in and I felt like that there should be more focus on pest elimination in addition to pest control. I'm satisfied with their work and would recommend them to anyone who wants to get rid of their pests as their products do work.

Liz in Toronto
Liz in Toronto

Mice Control

Paid$400(!) bucks for mouse problems. Mice weren't interested in bait and weren't being caught in traps. Each time I called Abell they said they'd "page the technician" who never phoned back. This went on for three weeks without even a call back. Meanwhile the mice are partying nightly in the kitchen! Today I called and they said the reason no one called was because the tech is no longer working in my area... blah... blah When I told them I just want to cancel my contract and after putting me on hold for a while said so-in-so is on the other line and will get right back to me. I'm still waiting...

mjb
mjb

Treatment for carpenter ants

We were told someone would be there at 10am and be done by 12pm. The tech's sheet said he was to arrive sometime between 10 and 2pm which could have resulted in my family retuning home to soon and then getting sick. There was a last minute scramble to get him there (over half an hour late). No instruction was given in regard to prep ie. moving furniture, cleaning out cupboards, remove pets etc. My wife was running around at the last minute trying to prep the house when she was home alone with two babies. When I called to complain, they put the rep. on the phone who then proceeded to argue with me and insinuate that I was not being truthful even though I had the notes from our original conversation in front of me.
The tech was nice and understanding to my wife when she was upset, that's the only reason I gave them a rating of 1.

M in Scarborough
M in Scarborough
5 reviews Scarborough, ON

Monthly Pest Control Checks

Zhang from Abell was recommended to us by a colleauge. He has done a great job for the last 2 years and I would recommend him to others. He does our basic pest control maintanence (traps, etc.)

More about Abell Pest Control

Abell Pest Control is a family owned Canadian company dedicated to providing effective, professional and courteous service in pest management. Started in 1924 with one office, Abell now employs several hundred people with branch offices across Canada and the United States.

Guaranteed Pest Control in Canada

Control of mice, roaches, ants, wasps, animals and dozens of other pests
-Full money-back guarantee
-FREE no-obligation quote
-Effective, safe and fast pest elimination

Guaranteed Pest Control
Pests bring dirt, disease, and discomfort through their bites and droppings. Effective, safe and fast elimination of the pest is what you need now.

Fast & Safe Elimination
Controlling pests can be done safely and effectively by a trained professional. Effective pest control is a three-step process:

1)-Identification: Our pest control technician will review your property to find the nature and extent of the pest infestation. The most important element is locating the source of the infestation.
2)-Elimination: Once the pests have been identified and located, your technician will safely eliminate the infestation -- guaranteed*.
3)-Prevention: After the pest infestation is eliminated, your technician will provide you with a complete review of your property, making specific recommendations to help keep the pests away permanently.

Guaranteed Extermination
Your contractual pest is Gone and Guaranteed. If you are not satisfied with the services provided to you within the guarantee period, you will receive a Full Money Back Refund!

* All Abell Service Recommendations must be complied with and follow up services allowed for during the guarantee period to be eligible for any refund. Call for details.