Victorian Restoration recently did work on my front varanda and I wanted to share my experience.
First, I want to share with you why I chose Bill and his team based on my criteria:
1. Knowledge. I had many questions to ask and Bill gladly answered them all. The other companies I spoke with were rude and it felt like I was being a nuisance to them. Like they were doing me a favour for being there! He also offered me his expert advise and some options as to how the repair could be performed.
2. Honesty. I shared with Bill some general numbers on the other quotes I received and he gave me his honest feedback. Some of the quotes were extremely excessive and others were under priced for what was required which would have resulted in having to get the job done a second time. Either way, it would have been disasterous.
3. Quality. Bill shared with me without having had a chance to ask (I ask a lot of questions) some previous commercial and residential work he completed that I was very impressed with.
During the course of the job, Bill called to let me know that he made a few discoveries and that he wanted to make adjustments on the work that we agreed upon if I was OK with it. When Bill shared with me the details of his findings and his revised proposal, I told him to go for it.
The resulting changes did a few things for me.
1. The job turned out better than I had expected and completed earlier than expected.
2. Bill's recommendtion saved me money on a budget I had planned to spend. BONUS!!
3. My wife loved it.
After completion, I asked Bill why he made the call to me and cut down the cost of the job when we could have easily stuck to the plan and made more.
His response was a breath of fresh air. He told me that it was the right thing to do.
Bill is a very consultative person, honest and fair, delivered results above my expectations, left my house very clean and overall, great to deal with which can be very hard to find when dealing with contractors.
His resulting work on my home has led to 2 referrals.
I highly recommend Bill and Victorian based on my fantastic experience from beginnning to end.
Thanks Bill and team!