Victorian Restoration Co

Reviews for Victorian Restoration Co

marta h. from Old Toronto
marta h. from Old Toronto

brick cleaning, tuck pointing

very impressed with Bill and his Victorian Restoration team. from the initial consultation, to the work itself, to the follow up visit to ensure we were satisfied, Bill was very personable, punctual, and professional. the price was very competitive and the work excellent. he was able to get the work done ahead of time and in a very timely manner. you can tell he is very experienced and knows his stuff. everyone on his team was polite and professional, and they made sure to leave the property clean and tidy, leaving no trace there were ever there except for the beautifully clean and restored brick. even when we had second thoughts about the colour of the mortar we chose, Bill was happy to come back and discuss our choice (though in the end, we decided to leave it as is.) would definitely highly recommend.

Alex Levine from Old Toronto
Alex Levine from Old Toronto
2 reviews Old Toronto, ON

Tuckpointing

Bill was professional, accessible and punctual. He and his team did a great job parging and tuckpointing our old house, as well as washing the facade. And when unexpected problems arose, he worked with me to figure out a fair and reasonable way forward.

David & Christine, Toronto Central
David & Christine, Toronto Central
5 reviews TORONTO, ON

Brick wall cleaning and pointing

The back wall of our downtown home had developed some "character" over its 80 odd years of service. Perhaps too much character. There was evidence of former attached porches, roofs, clothes lines and about six different kinds of (failed) mortar repairs.

Victorian Restoration was recommended to me by another contractor. When I called, Bill was able to quickly come over and assess the damage and what was needed to fix it. His quote was reasonable and we set a date. The guys showed up on schedule and got to work.

The restored wall is stunning. Tar and paint that had been there for decades were gone. The various mix and match repair materials used over the years were gone, replaced by proper color matched mortar.

Bill also kindly pointed out some other areas of concern on the outside of my house and did what he could to help fix them.

Smart guys. Straightforward advice. Reasonable price. Good work. Pretty much everything you'd hope for in a contractor.

Martha in Toronto
Martha in Toronto

Brick cleaning and tuckpointing

Bill and his team did a wonderful job on my century house. They cleaned all the bricks, got rid of the grime, filled the holes and then proceeded to tuckpoint the whole house. When they were finished, the house looked bright, clean and ready for the next 100 years! I was most grateful for the time they took to explain the process before they began and for tidying up when they were finished. They even went the extra mile and helped to repair some broken flagstone stairs. I would highly recommend!

mark from blue circle contracting inc.
mark from blue circle contracting inc.

Brick cleaning, brick restoration, tuck pointing and brick replacement

I have been working with Bill and his father for more than 10 years and they have delivered on our projects each and every time. Bill and his team recently helped my landscaping team restore a traditional home in Lawrence Park that included brick cleaning, brick replacement and tuck pointing to reclaim the original design of the home. My clients were thrilled. Victorian is a great strategic partner. On time and on budget always. The best thing about Bill is you know exactly where you are with him because he goes through all of the options and addresses all of your concerns before he starts the work. Mark Somani - Blue Circle Contracting Inc.

Leif and Barb in East york
Leif and Barb in East york

Brickpointing and brick replacement

Our Victorian house had had only had patchy (and poor) brickpointing, repair and replacement done over decades, and quite a few bricks were in very poor shape.

We discussed with Bill the possible courses of action. In addition to examining the varied condition around the house, we discussed the colour of the mortar, and he showed us samples of bricks he would use. This was important to us as we didn't want this to look like a "patch job".

We talked to a number of contractors on a few occasions, and before we settled on Victorian Restoration we asked Bill to drop by a couple more times and answer questions we had. He was prompt in all cases and addressed all our questions.

Without hesitating he gave us references and we went to look at their work.

The project went smoothly and they did a great job. It is even hard to tell where the bricks were replaced, they fit so well. Bill, his dad, and the rest of the crew were done a bit quicker than expected, which was refreshing - for once a contractor allocated an appropriate amount of time for their job.

There were a couple of minor things we wanted done after we fully examined the work (understandable in a big job) and Bill came back and dealt with them properly without any hassles or delays (also very refreshing).

We are very pleased with the work Victorian Restoration did, and want to thank the guys again for a job well done!

NICK in TORONTO
NICK in TORONTO
1 review East York, ON

Front veranda restoration

Victorian Restoration recently did work on my front varanda and I wanted to share my experience.

First, I want to share with you why I chose Bill and his team based on my criteria:

1. Knowledge. I had many questions to ask and Bill gladly answered them all. The other companies I spoke with were rude and it felt like I was being a nuisance to them. Like they were doing me a favour for being there! He also offered me his expert advise and some options as to how the repair could be performed.

2. Honesty. I shared with Bill some general numbers on the other quotes I received and he gave me his honest feedback. Some of the quotes were extremely excessive and others were under priced for what was required which would have resulted in having to get the job done a second time. Either way, it would have been disasterous.

3. Quality. Bill shared with me without having had a chance to ask (I ask a lot of questions) some previous commercial and residential work he completed that I was very impressed with.

During the course of the job, Bill called to let me know that he made a few discoveries and that he wanted to make adjustments on the work that we agreed upon if I was OK with it. When Bill shared with me the details of his findings and his revised proposal, I told him to go for it.

The resulting changes did a few things for me.

1. The job turned out better than I had expected and completed earlier than expected.

2. Bill's recommendtion saved me money on a budget I had planned to spend. BONUS!!

3. My wife loved it.

After completion, I asked Bill why he made the call to me and cut down the cost of the job when we could have easily stuck to the plan and made more.

His response was a breath of fresh air. He told me that it was the right thing to do.

Bill is a very consultative person, honest and fair, delivered results above my expectations, left my house very clean and overall, great to deal with which can be very hard to find when dealing with contractors.

His resulting work on my home has led to 2 referrals.

I highly recommend Bill and Victorian based on my fantastic experience from beginnning to end.

Thanks Bill and team!

K Turner in Toronto
K Turner in Toronto

Brick cleaning, Tuck pointing-whole house, replace sills, salvage brick

Professional, talented and straight forward. This portion of our home renovation was painless. Bill and his dad were there as scheduled and the work was completed on time and on budget. The best testimonial is the response from neighbours to the finished product. Two of them have already booked Victorian for work on their own homes. As an added bonus, Bill's suggestions around design issues were bang on. The house looks fabulous thanks to Victorian Restoration.

EmilM in North york
EmilM in North york

Brick work

I have to admit that this company is the best contractor I've ever hired. The job was impeccable, fast and the results are ,amazing. I cannot thank Bill enough for the work he has done. Lots and lots of years of experience pay off as I have never seen so much dedication to his work.

Let me say again that this team is amazing... from start to finish they were very professional and very knowledgeable.

Job was done as described in the quote. Best quote I've had. Right on time, no problems.. I would highly recommend this company. Clean work, paying attention to details and always asking me if this is like I want/need it... even proposing much better alternatives!

Thank you Bill! it was wonderful doing business with you!

More about Victorian Restoration Co

Victorian Restoration Co are Historical Century Home Specialists!

Brick & Stone Cleaning - Tuck Pointing Brick Repair - Paint Removal - Pressure Washing
Fully Licensed & Insured - All Work Guaranteed

Our goal is to preserve and meticulously restore Toronto's heritage, historical and brick homes throughout the greater Toronto area.
We provide the proper expertise, knowledge and the skills in order to help preserve and restore Toronto's Residential and commercial Buildings.
Victorian Restoration works closely with Toronto's Historical Board and homeowners with one goal in mind: to properly Restore and preserve Toronto's beautiful and unique brick buildings to their past beauty.

Masonry & Bricklaying and Tuck Pointing
Brick Cleaning, Tuck Pointing , Brick Repair
--Brick Cleaning Paint Removal-- Pressure washing with a mixture of our specially formulated biodegradable brick cleaning solution to remove atmospheric carbon and dirt stains from brick and stone surfaces without causing damage to existing surfaces, restoring brick and stone to its original beauty. --Brick Repair Tuck pointing-- The mortar joint plays a significant role in the structure and structural integrity of the wall. It holds the bricks together, it bears the compressive weight of the wall just as the bricks, and it keeps water out of the wall. It is also the weak link in the brick wall system because if water is allowed to get past the mortar and into the wall, brick failure may occur such as cracking or popping (spalling). We can completely restore mortar joints by grinding out all existing mortar joints and replacing with new or spot point where needed throughout the brick structure to fill up any holes and cracks to stop any further damage from occurring. Bricks replacement is a necessary maintenance procedure on any home, bricks are cut out and replaced with new or reclaimed brick to match existing shape colour texture and size.
Brick Cleaning