Masonry & Bricklaying

Marnie Fitzgerald from Toronto
Marnie Fitzgerald from Toronto
1 review East York, ON

Brick cleaning restoring

I'm sorry it took me so long to write this review! We got our front porch redone in the spring and saw how grimy our brick looked (I was worried that the dark- grayish-red was actually the color of the brick). I found Victorian Restoration online, saw the great reviews, gave him a call. He was able to give me an estimate over the phone, which was great; he had a cancellation and came within a few days. After one afternoon, my brick now pops! I was surprised at how rich the colour of my brick actually is. He was able to remove some paint also that was all over the brick. I'll try to post a pic, we have a semi so it can be compared with the home we are attached to.

Clare from Toronto
Clare from Toronto

Brick Cleaning

Victorian Restoration cleaned the brick on my home in Toronto. From first contact, Bill was always professional. He was punctual, answered my many questions, offered various options and always returned phone calls. Bill and his crew carefully prepared the site, cleaned up each day and were considerate of the neighbours and surroundings. The removal of paint and cleaning of the brick was completed beautifully - I would definitely recommend Victorian Restoration.

Mark Hockin from Toronto
Mark Hockin from Toronto

Restoration of Facade

Toronto

Terrific job! Bill and his crew are constant professionals, attentive and punctual. It took me awhile to find someone who could safely remove all the paint from the exterior of my old Victorian home without destroying or sandblasting the bricks. Bill and his crew work fast and were able to remove all the paint restoring my house to its former look. In addition to this he was able to replace all the mortar and replace some of the damaged bricks with old matching bricks. The name says it all, Victorian Restoration, he took the time and care to restore my old Victorian returning it to its pre-painted glory. If you have a painted brick house and you want it returned back to natural brick, I would highly recommend Bill and his crew.

James in Toronto
James in Toronto

Tuck pointing

Toronto

Bill and his crew did a great job in restoring the mortar in our 100 year old home. As agreed upfront, he took a practical approach in perfecting the front of the house and most visible part of the side of the house while just filling the gaps in the mortar for the rest.
Bill even returned a few weeks later to complete a section of the brick that had previously been covered/not accessible.
I would definitely recommend Bill - he and his crew know what they are doing and do it in a customer friendly way.

David from Toronto
David from Toronto

Brick repair/ Tuck pointing

Bill and his crew did an unbelievable job on our front porch. Our old 1920's Toronto home needed some help and we could not have been happier with the work. In fact, I had him back the next day to do more pointing as it looked so good. We will be re-hiring this company for many more projects. A+ Bill.

Kevin L.
Kevin L.

Brick Cleaning / Restoration

Toronto

Phenomenal work by Bill, quick turnaround time and most of all, goes above and beyond the scope of the work. You are talking about a real stand-up guy here!!!

I will let the photos do the talking.

lauren from Toronto
lauren from Toronto
2 reviews East York, ON

limestone replacement

We hired Bill to replace the limestone under the windows of our home after seeing the work he was doing on another house on our street. He was very explanatory about the process and even worked around our baby's nap time. Bill also took it upon himself to fill in cracks around the bricks at the back of the house I had asked about. We would highly recommend this company and couldn't be happier with the appearance of the new limestone.

Jennifer Stewart from Toronto
Jennifer Stewart from Toronto

Brick Repointing and Brick Cleaning

Toronto

I have used Victorian Restoration for 2 separate jobs on my Heritage Victorian Semi-detached house. Bill was timely in providing a quote, on schedule in terms of starting the project and always very helpful and pleasant to deal with. Bill and his team do great work and were really helpful in dealing with the pitfalls that often arise on worksites from time to time. I highly recommend!

JB from Toronto
JB from Toronto

Brick repointing & cleaning

Victorian did our brick-pointing and cleaned our back wall. The previous owner had tried repairing & painting it himself and left a mess of paint, mortar, tar, etc. Bill discussed different options with us and told us exactly what to expect, and did exactly what he promised. The wall looks like almost new. He worked quickly and his crew was great to deal with. I didn't do much comparison shopping, but his prices seemed very reasonable and he stuck to his quote. Highly recommended.

Kari from Old Toronto
Kari from Old Toronto

Removing Paint from Brick & Repair

Toronto

From day one when Bill returned my phone call promptly, provided a quote, did the work on time (removing 2 layers of paint from the front of our house) and on budget, he was always professional. He answered any concerns or questions we had and was very helpful and polite. We wouldn't hesitate to recommend this family run business to friends and neighbours. Toronto Life was correct in ranking them the best!

More about Victorian Restoration Co

Victorian Restoration Co are Historical Century Home Specialists!

Brick & Stone Cleaning - Tuck Pointing Brick Repair - Paint Removal - Pressure Washing
Fully Licensed & Insured - All Work Guaranteed

Our goal is to preserve and meticulously restore Toronto's heritage, historical and brick homes throughout the greater Toronto area.
We provide the proper expertise, knowledge and the skills in order to help preserve and restore Toronto's Residential and commercial Buildings.
Victorian Restoration works closely with Toronto's Historical Board and homeowners with one goal in mind: to properly Restore and preserve Toronto's beautiful and unique brick buildings to their past beauty.

Masonry & Bricklaying and Tuck Pointing
Brick Cleaning, Tuck Pointing , Brick Repair
--Brick Cleaning Paint Removal-- Pressure washing with a mixture of our specially formulated biodegradable brick cleaning solution to remove atmospheric carbon and dirt stains from brick and stone surfaces without causing damage to existing surfaces, restoring brick and stone to its original beauty. --Brick Repair Tuck pointing-- The mortar joint plays a significant role in the structure and structural integrity of the wall. It holds the bricks together, it bears the compressive weight of the wall just as the bricks, and it keeps water out of the wall. It is also the weak link in the brick wall system because if water is allowed to get past the mortar and into the wall, brick failure may occur such as cracking or popping (spalling). We can completely restore mortar joints by grinding out all existing mortar joints and replacing with new or spot point where needed throughout the brick structure to fill up any holes and cracks to stop any further damage from occurring. Bricks replacement is a necessary maintenance procedure on any home, bricks are cut out and replaced with new or reclaimed brick to match existing shape colour texture and size.
Brick Cleaning