HomeStars  >  Electricians in Ottawa  >  Home Town Electrical Services

Tamara in Chambly
Tamara in Chambly
1 review Chambly,

Excellent Job

We had Justin from Home Town Electrical come by to switch some thermostats and fix some switches today. He was very professional and thorough in his work ensuring everything was working safely and properly. Very satisfied with the results and would recommend them to anyone.

Karine in Ottawa
Karine in Ottawa
4 reviews Ottawa, ON

Electrical panel

I called them after reading great reviews and wanting to support a small family business. In a word, they are fantastic. They replaced my ancient electrical panel, explained everything and went above and beyond. Honest, professional, personable and efficient. You can't go wrong with Gary and Justin.

Thanks Karine! Enjoy the upgrades and looking forward to future improvements at your home!

asokal in Ottawa
asokal in Ottawa

Outlet Replacement

I recently purchased a house. The only thing the home inspector said needed to be done was to switch out 3 outlets for GFCIs. Justin came at a very convenient time, did the work, and quoted me what it would cost to put in a new outlet in my basement washroom. In the process, he found and alerted me to three other electrical issues that will need to be dealt with over the next few months and years.

While he did this, he was able to quote building and electrical codes, knew when permits were needed and how to get them, and mentioned the ESA several times. He gave me lots of great advice on the type of home maintenance (all of which was very welcome and super needed). I am very impressed with this business and I will be calling again!

Thanks and look forward to helping you in the future!

Replacement Electrical Panel

Home Town Electrical was not only efficient, they were extremely professional and knowledgeable. The service and work completed was explained up front, and in great detail and quoted at the exact amount we paid for the work. I could not say enough for how much we appreciated their work, the promptness of the job being completed and the serious manner in which they approached fixing our problem. Everything was tidied afterwards and the review of the service and explanation of the bill was clear and easy to understand. I would recommend them for any job, and would hire them again myself for any electrical work.

Thanks and enjoy the new panel!

Sanjeev in Ottawa
Sanjeev in Ottawa
2 reviews Ottawa, ON

Rewiring of entire condo

I am very impressed with Home Town Electrical. Gary and Justin are the utmost professionals. They show up on time, do great work, and, most importantly, are fair. I really appreciated the way Justin explained each and every thing with me before proceeding. He also took time to go and get all the materials for me at the store prior to the day of work. I highly recommend this firm and will use them always for all of my electrical needs. Excellent work, guys, and thanks for your professionalism.

Appreciate the work and the compliment!

Arlene
Arlene

3rd floor wires needed to be removed, junction box not working

Really appreciate Garry coming in and fixing everything we asked for. Done in a timely manner and he is friendly and professional which is great when you are having someone coming to work in your home. Will definitely use his services again. Thanks!!

Thanks and take care!

KF in Ottawa
KF in Ottawa

Fixing faulty outlet

I would highly recommend this service. They were very friendly, fast and efficient. They were done their work within they minutes, left no mess. Because I am a young student they gave me a very generous discount.

Thanks for the call and good luck with your studies!

Stephen in
Stephen in
2 reviews Ottawa, ON

Re-wiring and power to the gazebo

Garry and Justin make Home Town a family business and they treat you like you’re one of the family. I wanted to bring electricity to the gazebo, but I didn’t have a free circuit to draw from. Justin installed a sub-panel and cleaned up the hornet’s nest of mixed up aluminum- and copper-wired circuits. He and Garry copper-tailed the aluminum-wired circuits, installed pot lights in the kitchen, a ceiling light in a bedroom, added a dedicated circuit for the kitchen fridge, and fixed a number of issues that had been poorly done by various handyman types. They told me what was involved to get power into the gazebo and told me what I could do to save costs. Justin did an excellent job of running the cable from the house and installing a plug and a ceiling fan in the gazebo. Now, I know my home is electrically safe and I can enjoy the gazebo like a three-season room.

Thanks for the great review! Your home is much safer and much nicer now! Enjoy the Gazebo! It was a pleasure working for you and your family!

Tracey in Ottawa
Tracey in Ottawa

Rewire Kitchen

Professional, responsive generally all around nice guys! I called in a rush when I realized electrical needed work before counters went in. Called on Sunday ... Garry came out Monday gave the quote and was able to do the work (with Justin) Tuesday. They went out of their way to accommodate my schedule ... such a change from trades met in the past! They also noted and fixed electrical issues (junction boxes & buried electrical - outside of the work requested) that were potential hazards that I was unaware of. The price was quoted and agreed on in advance AND was very reasonable! We now have new family electricians! Couldn't be more pleased with the whole experience ?

Thanks for the work and glad we could accommodate your needs on such short notice! Enjoyed the job and the hospitality! (Mars Bars were excellent!)

JfInOrleans in Ottawa
JfInOrleans in Ottawa

Basement renovation

I had the team at Home Town Electrical Services take on my basement renovation electrical work. I honestly cannot say enough about their team. Work included rewiring a significant portion of my basement, provide new washer and dryer circuits, adding a dryer booster fan that works off of an amp switch, troubleshooting some previous incorrect wiring, and deleting and adding new breakers in my breaker panel to suit current needs. The team was great at coordinating their work with my own renovation work in the basement. I was always kept in the loop about any deviations to the planned work due to unforeseen conditions. Also the job was completed at the quoted price. Would not hesitate to recommend or hire again.

Thanks for the work and it was a pleasure to work for such an organized and thorough home owner! The entire renovation seemed to have gone very smooth and is turning out nicely! Enjoy and Congrats!

More about Home Town Electrical Services

Residential Electrical Specialist. Real 24 Hours Emergency Services. Service Calls and Troubleshooting. Renovations.