Home Inspectors

Reviews for Home Inspectors

Teresa in Nepean
Teresa in Nepean

Home Inspection

Paul Wilson, owner of Home Inspectors, was so patient with us as first time home buyers, in explaining every aspect throughout our inspection. He was so professional and his report very detailed. We would highly recommend Paul Wilson and Home Inspectors.

Thank You Teresa for the feedback, greatly appreciated.
I am pleased to know that we assisted you in " making and informed decision" which is our motto.
You can contact me for as long as you own your home. Your inspection report is on file along with the photos and Thermal Imaging results.

Joel in Toronto
Joel in Toronto

HomeXam Inspection services

Robert was so helpful through each step of the way, it made our first time buying experience positive and smooth. He explained everything he was doing and had feedback for every room. I would call him again and recommend to anyone who is looking at any home.

Roxanne and Rob  in Toronto
Roxanne and Rob in Toronto
1 review Montreal, QC

Home inspection

We were in the market to buy a house and chose Paul Wilson as our inspector. The first home he inspected for us turned out it would of cost us a lot of money and head aches if we were to have went threw with the sale. Due to Paul's extensive knowledge he pointed out some serious issues on the home. We decided not to go threw with buying that home. Let me tell you we could not be happier to have had him there he saved us from buying a lemon of a house. Paul was very thorough during the entire inspection and explained every single detail to us. We decided to use Paul again for our second home inspection. Turned out the second home was in much better condition then the first and we can now move on feeling confident with our decision on purchasing our future home. We would strongly recommend Paul to anyone looking to get a thorough and honest home inspection. We thank you very much Paul for your time and detailed inspections. We have learned some valuable information from your inspections.

Rob and Roxanne

Many thanks Rob & Roxanne for the feedback,much appreciated. It was a pleasure working with you and inspecting your 2nd choice as your new home. Glad that we were of assistance in helping you make an informed decision to walk away from the first one, as several structural, mechanical, plumbing, electrical and health issues were evident.
Wishing you many years of happiness in your new home. Congratulations!
President
Home Inspectors

Three Home Inspection's

Purchased a home the first time and needed an inspector asap. Paul was able to come out right away and gave an extremely thorough inspection that led to me walking away from the sale. Two houses after that Paul came in again to do another inspection and broke everything down thoroughly taking his time to explain all the work needed to remedy the problems found. This led to a renegotiated price and a list of all the work needed to be done on the home. The time and care Paul put into the inspection has helped save time and money in the long run when renovating my fixer upper. Paul also has reliable contacts for any work(e.g. Electrician, Foundation, Structural) Overall very satisfied with the inspection and would definitely recommend.

Always good to hear from satisfied clients whom we helped make an informed decision. Our objective is your satisfaction with our inspection services by ensuring you are fully aware of the issues and their impact on your pocket book, health and well being.
All the best and feel free to contact me at anytime if I can be of further assistance.

Home inspection

I recently bought a house and hired Paul for the home inspection.
As a first time home buyer, I had little to no knowledge of what to look for. He took me through the entire house, explained to me what is what and the matter of concerns if any. Upon his recommendation I hired a contractor for further investigation who assured me to not to worry for the issue but also said that it's good that your home inspector pointed this out to you and you got it inspected, "I have seen people buying houses and getting to know later that this kind of problem if is serious can cost you up to 5 to 8 grands to fix". Nobody likes surprises when it comes to money. Nobody wants to be greeted by misfortune in the very first venture. Long story short it was money well spent to protect my self from any surprises later. Thanks to paul

You are most welcome and I am glad to hear you obtained written quotes prior to purchase for the repairs required to this property as recommended which assisted you in making "an informed decision". If I can be of further assistance feel free to contact me at anytime.

Cdl in Ottawa
Cdl in Ottawa
2 reviews Ottawa, ON

Great Pre-Purchase Home Inspection

I had a pre-purchase home inspection with Paul, and so glad to have hired him! As this will be my first home purchase I didn't really know what to be looking for aside from the obvious, and as home inspectors are still unregulated in Ontario it was very difficult to know who to choose. However, with Paul, it was very clear that hiring him meant hiring a wealth of knowledge and expertise. Paul really took the time to point out things he noticed and explained why they were important, and why or why not it was of concern, and answered all of my questions. He even gave me some tips on how to maintain certain aspects of the home. Highly recommend!

Thank you for the review much appreciated. Glad to hear we were of assistance in helping you make an informed decision. If I can be of further assistance to you for as long as you own the house, please feel free to contact me at anytime.

Townhouse Ottawa

Paul took the time to walk me through all aspects of the home and pointed out things I would never have thought of. He is kind, respectable, and his wealth of knowledge and experience comes through in his inspection. Well worth the fee paid.

We aim too please and provide you with the necessary information in order to "MAKE AN INFORMED DECISION" which has been our motto for over 35 years. Glad to receive the positive feedback Zorab, much appreciated. Feel free to contact me anytime if you have further questions.

Casey in Toronto
Casey in Toronto
1 review Clarence-Rockland, ON

Saved Us $$$, Then We Found our Dream Home

We thought we found our perfect home, It was reported to us the home had passed 2 prior home inspections. We called Paul Wilson in and completed a very thorough inspection, walking me through each step of the process and helping me understand any problems he discovered.

Long story short, Paul found a lot of BIG problems that would have cost us over 20k to fix in the first year or two of our home purchase.

Negotiations feel through and we had a continue our home search with less than a 30 day closing on our condo. The extra search payed off, we found our dream home.

Paul did an inspection on extremely short notice because he knew we were on a tight closing deadline. The inspection went so much better and we are much happier with this home.

I can't say enough good things about Paul Wilson as a home inspector. He is the Mike Holmes of Ottawa as far as I'm concerned.

Thank you Casey for taking the time to write this note on your satisfaction with our level inspection service to you and your family.
I always aim to provide my clients with a thorough level of information on the property we are inspecting.The objective is to provide you with the knowledge of the existing conditions in order that you can make an informed decision.
Wishing you and your family many happy years in your new home.

BestMoneySpent in Toronto
BestMoneySpent in Toronto

Paul Wilson - Home Inspectors

Long story short: I would have paid double. If you read anything else, read the final sentence at bottom.

Needed a home inspector, read about Paul Wilson in Ottawa Citizen and other reputable reporting, was not disappointed. The first house we saw with Paul, which looked new with excellent finishes, he found a buried oil tank, asbestos, cold air pockets in the walls that led to water damage, faulty wiring, bad plumbing, and a host of other problems. As first time home buyers, when he looked at me and told me straight to my face, this home is a massive, then of thousands of dollars money pit, I knew that his experience and knowledge was worth every penny, and that 560$ (including HST mind you) was the best money I ever spent.

He also detected a scent of mustiness, which led him to mold buildup in behind walls. All of this in a new looking house that, to any buyer, would have appeared flawless. If you don't choose Paul, you're throwing your money away. We relied on Paul's extensive experience to make an informed decision, and we ended up with a different home, which he went through and said it was a cakewalk compared to the first. As new homebuyers, you want this man to see what skeletons are lurking in any potential purchase. If we go to sell down the line, hopefully this man is still in the business!

TLDR; on very short notice, Paul was able to put us in touch with a master electrician, who came in and gave the sellers a quote to bring their electrical up to par. This extra support on very short notice, under a tight deadline, made all the difference. Money excellently spent as we will be able to sleep at night in our new home without worrying.

Thank you Lambert for this review on myself and Home Inspectors.It always gratifying when I hear back from clients who are happy and satisfied that we provided them with necessary information in order that they were able to make an informed decision. Our goal & motto at Home Inspectors is to "PROTECT YOUR INVESTMENT".and sounds like we did that on our first inspection together. Glad you are happy with the second inspection we did for you and all worked out well.
Enjoy your new home.

More about Home Inspectors

Since 1980. Ottawa's most experienced and trusted name in Home Inspections. Paul Wilson, NHI, PHPI, RHI, ACHI. Over 25, 000 inspections. BBB Award Winner- Pre-Purchase, Pre-Listing, Homeowner Assessment/ Maintenance Inspections Renovation Inspections, Condo Inspections, - New Home Inspection Specialist (Tarion)- Pre-Delivery, 30-Day, Tarion 1 & 2 Yr Inspections.