Armstrong And Nelson Eavestroughing

Armstrong And Nelson Eavestroughing

Reviews for Armstrong And Nelson Eavestroughing

Kien
Kien

Eavestrough cleaning and roof fix

I have the company come and fix my blocked downspout and to divert water from roof going to the chimney so the ice wont stay on the brick wall. I offer water hose to the technician to test but he refused and told me that he has been doing it 40 (or 50) years so dont tell him what to do. Well, fine, he is an expert...

1 week after that there was a big rain and guest what, I have a water fall at my front porch exactly where I ask the technician to do. I email the company with video and picture of the water fall and they replied my next day) (thats why I gave them 1 star), and tell me it may because i have so many trees in the in the areas and offer to install the gutter leaf protection. Well, it is in the middle of summer. On top of that I also have my gutter leaf protection installed already. But anyway, she promised that the technician will take a look. I called after 2 weeks, they said they were very busy but they will take a look. After 1 month, I gave up and cleaned up the downspout myself. Funny thing is they called me back about 2 weeks after that and this time asked for money because they said that they did not receive the money whereas I paid right away. I had to send them proof of the EMT. But they never mentioned about fixing downspout.
But couple days ago when look at the chimney, there are so much ice sticking on the wall and that made me to write this bad review. Absolutely nothing works with this company. A warranty is a joke! Please, go with others that can get you cheaper and better service

This review serves no purpose except to seek revenge
We do not work for HOME STARS
We were in continuous contact with this homeowner
Perhaps he needed added work which could be assessed
When I asked him re the downspout ge said he cleared it himself
In the winter having ice is a problem many homes have that had many sources for this issue
We have reached out to the client requesting if he wants added service now
It is his choice
ARMSTRONG AND NELSON TEAM

Eavesdrops on Archgate

The company gave us a warranty for the work and became unresponsive when we had issues. Never fixed the problems and are ignoring us. The technician kept trying to charge us more for the work they never fixed.

Your review which was lengthy and filled with minutia speaks volumes about you.

They will be challenged as only one review is permitted per invoice per contact person We hope that Homestars view your actions as unreasonable

We have flagged your review for investigation as the actions of a malicious consumer

They serve no purpose other than slander
You have displayed this with your lies and inflations

I have numerous emails some are below that show we visited the site, had discussions with you attempting to resolve the issue and convey to you that this was not a warranty issue but additional corrective work that could be done

Leaking occurs when it rains PERIOD

We tried to do the job in the most cost effective way , however you would not accept that any other way should cost additional dollars

You and your associates do not understand eavestroughing and water pressure if you did you would see that the current volume of water could not be handled without the addition of another downpipe for 50 feet .

We suspect that this has become an internal political issue amongst your neighbors that you are deflecting onto us for your convenience

Your focus on trivia caulking screws and leaks has demonstrated how petty you are

A whole new system would cost $4000.00 but you insisted on only doing a repair and then didn’t like the caulking and leak while it rains although water is coming down anyway

Ben is the owner of the company and I his partner he has a civil engineering back ground doing this type of work for 40 years

Steve Pichosky in Toronto
Steve Pichosky in Toronto

Substandard installation effort and not honouring the warranty

My ask of Armstrong & Nelson was straight forward...to assist me in moving water using eaves troughs on a slope into a city drain.

While the initial consult was fine, leaving an impression that they were up to the task, the end result was very shoddy worksmanship from a guy who Armstrong & Nelson claimed to be one of their most capable and tenured guys. Trough segments were jammed together with minimal care, creating aggressively kinked connections, gaping holes at "T" joints and extensive leaking at almost every connection point (see images). Old segments of trough, screws and shards of sharp metal were left behind in the initial install, which would have caused tire damage on a communal laneway had it gone unnoticed. Initial attempts to resolve issues were met by gobs of silicone, unsightly patches that didn't solve leaks, excuses and eventually deflection.

The owner of Armstrong and Nelson took no direct effort to resolve this situation, instead choosing to hide behind her employee in the face of photographic evidence and videos that clearly demonstrated the problem.

Final attempts to have this crew take ownership during the warranty period have been met with silence. We are now forced to spend more money for someone else to fix their problems.

Hello Steve, we apologize that the work we provided wasn't up to your standard. We suspect that you have initiated numerous review postings for no productive reasons other than maliciousness .
Your review which was lengthy and filled with minutia speaks volumes about you.

They serve no purpose other than slander
You have displayed this with your lies and inflations

Leaking occurs when it rains PERIOD

Andria Hunter in Mimico
Andria Hunter in Mimico

Reattach eavestroughs and pro-guard leafguard system

Another company had told me I needed to get whole new eavestroughs for double the price. This company reassured me that my current eavestroughs were just fine, and only needed to be reattached. They installed the pro-guard leafguard system at the same time. We were very satisfied overall.

Zorana
Zorana

Eavestrough

We had a great experience with Armstrong and Nelson. We had a leak emergency and required someone to look at our eavestroughs, on a Saturday, of all days! Customer service was prompt and pleasant, and had someone out to our house within a few hours. They did the work, and gave us an honest assessment about the problem. They did not try and up-sell us and we will use this company again.

Eavestrough cleaning

Joshua did an amazing job at cleaning my eavestrough and making sure my downspouts were working properly . he was on time and very respectful . I would definitely recommend this company

Private User reviews North York, ON

Leafguards installation

I called this company to get my gutters cleaned . They were prompt in their response and also very polite . The crew that came was quick and efficient and cleaned up after debris kept falling out of the gutters , which I found very excellent and considerate . After observing all the debris that was removed from our gutters they suggested we get leafguards . We went for the leafguards and they were affordable and did the job right . Also they offer 3 year warranty for their services . I recommend this company .

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your positive feedback
It is much appreciated
The Armstrong and Nelson Team

stew in Old Toronto
stew in Old Toronto

home eavestrough and downspout repair including parts

The estimate and repair was completed in a few days. workmanship was great. Cost of repair was reasonable compared to other quotes. This is the second time I have used Armstrong & Nelson

Thank you for your review.We are so happy you are satisfied once agaim.Any time you need assistance please do call us.
Armstrong and Nelson Team

Avril
Avril

new eavestroughing

We would not recommend this company to any home owner. We had our eavestroughs completely redone this past fall. Their work was sloppy and the crew that came was not polite. My top criticism is that the eavestroughs leak causing damage to my bricks and house. They did come back to repair some of the leaking corner joints, (apparently the leaking was due to the cold and the caulking they used wasn't good in the cold weather,). But this spring, now that the rainy season has started, new leaks have been found, significant ones. The new company I hired said that it looks like they used the wrong piece (or installed it incorrectly) which is why we have such as bad leak. I will never call this company ever again. When we originally called to request repairs (in late fall 2019) they were very rude (mind you we withheld payment until the repairs were made, we explained our rationale but the company was upset). There were also other issues. A can of spray paint split open on our fence leaving black paint on a section of the fence. When we noted our concern, they came back to clean most of it off, but there are still traces. We have since hired another company to redo the eavestroughs for the entire house. Save yourself the trouble, rude crew, antagonist office workers and an altogether unpleasant experience.

It is unfortunate that your frustration with the status of your eavestroughs as we found them was displaced onto us There was damage to your brick from an ongoing leakage issue from before we came
We apologize we couldn't meet your unrealistic demands and standards although we returned 4x

We offered you a repair option to save you money as most clients do but you didn't like that so you wanted them changed .

WORK ORDER
Wants to change color to black Replace vs repair
Has a painter

Have many DS issues was disconnected needs to change configuration
1 DS Replace North side is damaged
1 DS on south relocate drains into driveway side
1 DS at back kick out is crushed

One side eaves needs repair
Inspect all around for repairs

The description of your experience has been inflated and is filled with many untruths we know the eavestroughs currently have not been changed and are as we installed them

You are just angry and are posting this scathing review because you are vengeful
You have and had a 3 year warrantee yet you did not want to call .

There is no brick damage that was not there before
We used no paint and your painter left the can of black paint that split and we only cleaned up what happened out of courtesy to you .

Our experience with you was horrible and we dreaded speaking with you as you almost terrorized us . You were condescending and accusatory

I was surprised that when I shared with you that we always take good care of our clients since I was a nurse you told me you were also.

If you didn't want us to return which we would have this posting is for nothing but malicious intent to try damage us and our business
We have been in business for 30 years and have many satisfied repeat customers
During this pandemic you would think that you would have handled this more kindly being a health care professional .

I personally had to intervene fir the technician as you were flagged as a risk who refused to pay us for work that was more than satisfactory

We returned 4 times for demands you made that were not even work but your anxiety regarding what possibly could happen

It is not uncommon for leakage to occur after a winters ice and snow that can shift the eavestroughs

The state of your eavestroughs you claimed was due to the fault of another paint company because you probably had a bad relationship with them as well
Although you were hostile angry and rude we would gladly have returned to make any adjustments required under warrantee

Good luck to your new company in dealing with your personality

More about Armstrong And Nelson Eavestroughing

Covid19 Statement: We are open for business as an essential service. We are here to help you prevent basement flooding in your home with our services. Eavestrough cleaning, repairs, and Leafguard installations can be done CONTACT FREE. Payments can be made by credit card, e-transfer, and cheque. Armstrong & Nelson ...
Looking for Gutters & Eavestroughs pros in Toronto?