Electricians

Reviews for Captain Electric

Michelle Groleau in Pickering
Michelle Groleau in Pickering
3 reviews Pickering, ON

replacing main panel and solving water leak

When I choose a company to do work one of my most important considerations is whether the workers are happy with the company they work for. To me that is a sign that they are not being asked to cut corners or do anything less than their best. These were all young men therefore relatively new in their careers so they have learnt the latest tech and understand it.
They did a really good job and the whole experience took place smoothly without any complications. They left the place cleaner than they found it.
I only have a few suggestions. One is regarding my cable and internet. They unplugged something and I needed to call my cable provider to address the issue because I couldn't figure out the problem. My suggestion is that perhaps they should get asic training on cable connections so they would know what to do with it. All it was was a plug not plugged into the outlet. Simple fix. They did ask me to check the internet before they left but that seemed to be working but I now understand it was because of some residual power in the wifi system.
Second kinda goes with the first. I do not have an outlet near the panel box. I have an extension cord leading to that area. It would have been nice if they had suggested running an outlet to that area. Should have been easy and not added any cost.
The third and last is that I still have a problem with an exterior outlet. I am told that is another $500 to get that fixed. I really think that should have been covered in the $6000 I;e already paid out.

dean in Toronto
dean in Toronto
2 reviews Pickering, ON

Aye Captain!

Captain Electruc has performed work on my home in Pickering twice. Both times the experience was flawless: scheduling, confirmation, quoting, on-time service, quality of work, communication, professionalism, & friendly and knowledgeable service.

I have absolute confidence in their workmanship and commitment to quality and offer them my highest recommendation.

We are also thankful for our great office staff, that keep things rolling smoothly. There is a lot of work that goes on behind the scenes with scheduling the Utility companies for disconnections and re-connections, - arranging Electrical Safety Authority Inspections, ordering materials, talking with clients and dispatching Electricians.

Thank you Dean for spending the time to write this review.

pbraslis from Toronto
pbraslis from Toronto

Great service for installation of lighting fixtures

Great service as always, Ryan explained everything and the quote was laid out as always prior to work was completed. New lighting fixtures and dimmers that were installed look amazing and I will definitely be using Captain Electric again in the future to complete all and any other projects i'm needing completed. Thanks again !!

Thank you pbraslis for taking the time to write a review. We are always happy to provide the service you expect, and we look forward to helping you with your next project.

John in Mississauga
John in Mississauga

install fan to vent bathroom

We needed ceiling fan to remove humidity during showers. Captain Electric came in, quoted, installed to meet our needs during extensive upstairs renovations. Zac & his colleague did fantastic work!

John Coker

We always get a lot of FAN installation requests this time of year. We were happy to be of service, and we know that you will enjoy a nice hot shower - without the condensation issues that you were having before. Thank you for taking the time to write this review.

Maureen in Whitby
Maureen in Whitby
1 review Whitby, ON

Excellent Service & Completion

Our top floor condo suite needed the 25 year old dual bathroom (and dryer) fan replaced.
Quick on-line 'chat' at 11:30pm lead to a courteous phone call from Diane the next morning.
Very professional electrician (Kevin) and his apprentice (Jackson) quickly found what was needed; explained pricing (and other items that we might be interested in); and went to find the exact replacement motor.
Next day it was installed on time, with no mess.
*We also decided to have a 'power surge' installed on our breaker unit - wise investment.* (That is NOT included in the price given above.)

It is very important to have a good working fan to extract the moist air that can condense on hard surfaces. We were happy to get this done for you before the colder winter days become more common this time of year. Thank you Maureen for taking some time out to write this review, - we do appreciate it.

JDudgeon in Pickering
JDudgeon in Pickering

Electrical company that's Professional and Classy!

I have used Captain Electric on three occasions since 2011. Each and every time they were punctual. Their workmanship is impeccable and precise. Before they commit to performaning a task they think it through. Saving time and you money! Each.electrical job is done to code. This helps with your house insurance rates.
Zac, the foreman is always on point. His crew work in tantem together well. Zac also installed my bathroom fan perfectly. Kevin installed my outlets and smoke alarms exactly placed where I wanted. Dave, who is also an engineer, was amazing at fixing my broken conduit in the garage. He offered me advice on a backup generator as an added service. Last but not least. Jackson their apprentice was very deligent when doing his assigned tasks. I would be remissed if I didn't mention their office staff. They provided numerous updates and confirmation of the appointments in a timely manner. Kudos to Diane. Please Captain Electric mention their other staff members whom I forgot.
When I get my Generator. Captain Electric will be getting the call!

Thank you J. for placing this review. We strive to complete our work on time and as efficiently as possible. Our office staff, including Diane, Todia and Kiera, are always busy arranging and co-ordinating our team so that we can help as many clients as possible.
As always, it was a pleasure working with you, and we look forward to helping you with your Generator project.

Electrical Work

905-683-4195
1885 Clements Road Unit #267
Pickering
L1W 3V4

We received excellent service from Ryan. He was efficient and very professional and a good communicator throughout the whole process. I would use this company again and I hughly recommend it.

Everyone is so busy these days - we appreciate the time you took to write a review.
Thank you.

Sherif
Sherif

As a landlord the process was very seamless. I will use them again

I own a property out East and I needed someone to take care of an electrical outlet that would short circuit when it was plugged in. I called Captain Electric based on a recommendation from a friend.

The whole entire process was very straight forward and I didn't need to take time off to deal with it. I prepaid for the service call and they came in the following morning to fix the issue. They called me afterwards to give me an update on the issue.

Overall, I was very satisfied.

We were happy to help you with your Electrical problem. Having full time office staff and a stocked warehouse is critical for a professional service company to perform at a high level. Thank you for taking time out to provide this review.

02fentym in Toronto
02fentym in Toronto

Bathroom Fan Vent Repair

Zac and Nate repaired my main bathroom's ceiling fan vent in the attic. The vent had been improperly installed and was not connected to the roof properly. They were extremely professional, knowledgeable and friendly and got the job done within an hour. I highly recommend this company, especially Zac and Nate. Thanks guys!

We appreciate that you took the time to comment today. A properly functioning exhaust fan is so important, especially when showering.
Zac and Nate install a ton of these, in houses that were never built with an exhaust fan. We were happy to fix your venting for you, and look forward to helping you with your next repair. Thanks for the review.

Hobs
Hobs
1 review Bowmanville, ON

200 Amp Service & Misc Wiring

Was able to get them out for a quote in under 48 hours. They stuck to that quote on the install day and arranged everything. Their team was very professional and were never slacking off or padding the bill. 3 crews arrived initially and they walked me through all of the work that they did when they left.

Highly recommended. You may get cheaper elsewhere, but with electrical, you really do get what you pay for!

We strive to respond as quickly as possible, but - sometimes this can be a challenge in the busy summer months.
Once we provide a quote , we stick to that investment so that there are no surprises for you.
Thank you for trusting your installation to us, and enjoy your new Electrical Service and Panel.

More about Captain Electric

Captain Electric is an electrical service, repair, and installation company, serving Durham Region Toronto and Markham, specializing in helping homeowners and business owners. - Since 1992, we have been dedicated to providing our clients with the best in service, professional workmanship and guarantees. - Watch our new company video in the Gallery Section.

Electricians, Home Automation, and Lighting
Breaker Panels - Surge Protection - Home Energy Monitor - Knob and Tube Removal - Potlights / Recessed Lights - Ceiling Fans - Bathroom Exhaust Fans - Outdoor Lighting - Post Lights - Digital In-Wall Timers - USB Charging Receptacles (eg. for Cell Phones) -Electrical Vehicle Charging Stations - Backup Generators - Standby Automatic Emergency Generator Installations
Residential and Commercial Electrical Service and Repair - Troubleshooting and Repair - Panel Upgrades and Panel Replacements - Service Upgrades (60 amp, 100 amp, 200 amp, etc) - Fuse Panel to Breaker Panel upgrade - Rewiring homes (knob and tube systems / ungrounded systems) - Pot Lighting (potlights) and Recessed Lighting installation - Kitchen Lighting - Kitchen Renovations - Basement Lighting - Basement Renovations - Under Cabinet Lighting - Outdoor Lighting and Landscape Lighting - LED lighting - Ceiling Fan installation - Lighting controls - Dimmer switches and Timer Switches - Receptacle and Outlet replacement - Home Electrical Inspections - Hot Tub electrical installation and hookup - Pool pump electrical hookup - Energy Monitoring (home energy monitors) - Backup Generators and Backup Power solutions - Solar Panel installations - MicroFIT solar projects - Electric Vehicle Charging Stations - EV Level 2 Charging Stations - EV Level 1 Charging Stations - EV 240V Charging Stations -
Eaton Certified Contractor - Kohler Generators - Contrast Lighting - Cooper - Lutron Lighting Controls - Leviton - Hubbell etc
Service and Panel Replacement - Residential Electrical Service - Pools - Hot Tubs - Rewires (to eliminate knob and tube or aluminum wiring) - Automatic Standby Emergency Generators (ECCN certified) - Electric Vehicle Charging Stations (ECCN and SPX Certified)
1992
As required by written guarantees.
Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Cheque, Cash
ECRA/ESA Licence #7000641, ESA Authorized Contractor ACP #MCR0145, Master Electrician on Staff
Better Business Bureau, Ontario Electrical League, Eaton Certified Contractor, C.A.N.S.I.A., ACP (vi
Kohler Generator Certified - LUTRON Radio RA Certified - Eaton Certified - Generac Certified
100% Satisfaction Guarantee, Parts and Labour