Urbandale Construction Limited

Reviews for Urbandale Construction Limited

Usher 10 in Ottawa
Usher 10 in Ottawa

Urbandale sucks

I must confess that this is rather disheartening. We own another property in town with another builder that we purchased two years prior to this one and whenever there has been any issue, the builder Tartan responds and fixes the issue despite the property being outside of the warranty.
Unfortunately our experience with Urbandale has been not so customer friendly. My husband has been trying to get a hold of you guys for some time now and no response and now that we reach you to express our concern with the property you build that is NOT even 3 years old yet, this is the reply we get.

Thank you for your feedback. Our Warranty Service Department would be glad to review your concerns. Please contact them at [email protected] providing them with the details. We look forward to hearing from you.

dont purchase at urbandale

horrible quality. the sub contractors it hired to build the house are the worst in town (coz they are cheapest). i mean window, kitchen, roof, grass, anything you can think of and cannt get at its own design center. trust me, dont buy from them at all. yes, u might say no one is good since they control tarion and they are monopoly. but with its price, not worth it.

We are sorry to read that we have not met your expectations. We would kindly ask that you contact our warranty department at [email protected] if you have warranted items that require our attention. Thank you. Urbandale Construction.

Townhomes

I was blown away with Urbandale's new townhome lineup. From the sharp exteriors to the quality finishes evident throughout the interior, my husband and I are thrilled with our purchase. The sales staff made it easy for us to find our dream home and we were very happy to learn that we could do so without adding a million costly upgrades!! Urbandale is an easy choice.

Thank you for the positive review!

Bungalow Purchaser

Having purchased a number of new homes over the years, I am happy to say that buying an Urbandale single family home in Riverside South was one of the best experiences I have ever had. The sales staff were exceptional. They listened to my vision of what my home should be. They helped me realize my dream home. The construction site and after sales service were wonderfully accommodating and went above and beyond.
I would recommend an Urbandale purchase to anyone considering buying a new home in the Ottawa area.
I am happy and proud to say I live in an Urbandale home!

Thank you for the positive review! We are thrilled to know you love your new Urbandale home!

pedro in Ottawa
pedro in Ottawa

Urbandale Bridlewood

Terrible quality homes, the warranty is a non effective. My windows imploded with the cold weather, I have an engineers report indicating poor quality materials were used and that the workmanship was inadequate protect against the home setting. I also had a plumbing problem that required major rework. Do not believe for one second that this builder will take care of you after they cash your cheque

Dear Homeowner, a full review is being conducted by our Warranty Department regarding the issues you have recently experienced concerning your windows. If you have any further questions or concerns, we would kindly ask that you contact our Warranty Department directly at [email protected]

Urbandale Construction

New Home

I bought my Urbandale home in 2011 in bridlewood and have had nothing but problems since. The windows are very poor quality, none of the cranks work properly without constant maintenance. We have constant water leaks at the front and back of our home and have spent thousands trying to rectify the issue without any success. The furnace has broken down three times. I just spent a grand replacing the motor. Basement walls have mold from condensation due to improper vapour barrier install. Our water line froze a year ago. When the city came to fix it they said they had never seen a line snake under the house the way ours was. They never connected the heater vent in our spare bedroom. Urbandale uses poor quality materials and even worse labourers. Its amazing that the most expensive purchases we make only have a two year warranty. Maybe if the government would enforce longer home warranties builders would pay more attention to quality and workmanship. Save yourself money and frustration and do not buy from Urbandale.

J & S in Kemptville
J & S in Kemptville
1 review Kemptville, ON

Couldn't be happier

My wife and I downsized and moved into the Country Walk Subdivision in Kemptville. I did my homework and watched what was being offered in the market for close to 2 years. The unit we purchased checked all the boxes on our wishlist and the price point that we wanted. The attention to detail and our concerns was very satisfying. We love our new home and the community we are now part of.

Thank you for the positive review!

Andre in Ottawa
Andre in Ottawa

windows problem

It has been almost 10 years since we moved in the new Urbandale townhouse. I understand frustration of other people writing here about their concerns. We went through similar experiences, we fixed it, and do not want to write about it here. Our problem after 10 years are windows. They start to leak the Argon, insolating gas. Inside the windows there is formation of vapour condensation due to faulty windows and escaping Argon. It is hard to see through. I know Urbandale is not producing the windows, but they install it in our houses. Many people on our street have same in-between window condensation problem. Urbandale gets cheapest and faulty parts for our homes. We are very upset and disappointed. Probably will not buy another Urbandale home unless they fix it.

Dear Urbandale Homeowner, thank you for reaching out regarding your concerns on the performance of your windows. Unfortunately, there is no warranty available through Urbandale Construction on a home that is 10+ years old, however, we would ask for you to please email our warranty department at [email protected] and they would be more than happy to direct you to contact the window supplier directly. The window supplier does provide a limited warranty directly to purchasers which covers manufacturing defects, however, this too might not be covered based on the age of the windows. We are sorry that you are experiencing this problem, but are hopeful in assisting you with direct contact to the supplier.

DO NOT BUY URBANDALE - VERY BAD QUALITY

Do NOT purchase an Urbandale house. We purchased ours in spring 2016 and we had nothing but trouble since then. Long story short, their paint job is horrible, their hard wood had a lot of scratches and squeaking, their kitchen cabinets had a lot of scratches, dents and unaligned with the ceiling trim. Yes, they came and fixed all this after so long and after big fights, but still, this should have been done properly. To top it off, at the 1 year, we started hearing a lot of squeaking on the stairs and upstairs. When they came to fix it, they said they had to REMOVE THE CARPET, UNDERLAYING, SUBFLOOR, and look at the joists. Turns out that it was NOT SCREWED, just nailed. There was a LOT of damage and they had to fix it all. Please see attached pictures, this is a 1 YEAR OLD HOUSE. When they were leaving, they said they do NOT Paint and they did not clean the huge mess they left behind, apparently, they do NOT paint at 1 year, which is ridiculous. DO NOT BUY AN URBANDALE HOUSE.

Dear Urbandale Construction Homeowner,
We appreciate feedback in any form in order to improve our process through continued review and adjustments. As discussed with you, we look forwarding to meeting you to review your questions and concerns. Thank you, Urbandale Construction

More about Urbandale Construction Limited

Urbandale Construction is a family-run business with over 35 years experience building high quality homes in Ottawa. Our experience, expertise and integrity shines in every aspect of the home building process. We utilize state-of-the-art building practices that are the result of thorough research. The industry awards and recognition we’ve received ...