Urbandale Construction Limited

2193 Arch Street ON K1G
Builders
Urbandale Construction Limited

Reviews for Urbandale Construction Limited

Extremely dissatisfied and disappointed with Urbandale!

After date for delivering house pushed back twice, finally delivered a poorly finished house with over 100 deficiencies. Poor painting, crooked and missing tiles, missing doors, mold in basement, upgrades missing or not working.
Urbandale should be embarrassed to hand over keys to an owner when the house is in such poor condition. The trades obviously rush their work resulting in poor finishes. After 1 year still over 40 issues left to fix. I do NOT recommend buying Urbandale.

We are sorry to hear about your experience with your Urbandale home. We know that delays in the completion of your home are disappointing and we strive to build all of our homes to meet our highest standards that we have come to be known for in the industry. Please note that with the ongoing COVID-19 situation, we are facing delays in the completion of warranted items. Please email our Warranty team at warranty@urbandale.com to discuss any outstanding concerns. Thank you.

Terrible After Sales Service

This company is the absolute worst at customer interaction, communication and delivery of what was paid for. A full year into the warranty we still are awaiting 30 days items to be corrrected. The workmanship and level of quality is far from acceptable and more in keeping with a basic builders. STAY AWAY from Urbandale and save your stress levels

Ottawa Indian connect. in Toronto
Ottawa Indian connect. in Toronto

Very unprofessional construction company!

I am an investor. The kind of experience I had with this company took my sleeps away. From the communication to the delivery of home. It was a nightmare. I can not believe that you can run the operations being so unprofessional. When they gave me the keys dust all over, missing paint jobs. Paint, cement and tar stains all over the windows and doors. After so many requests they came to clean as they were doing favour.

Just don’t

House is not straight, things are not done. Built as quick as possible for profit not for providing nice homes for families.

Come to fix things, leave in the middle of it and you never know when it’s gonna get done until you email again.

My suggestion: Just don’t.

Thank you for the review. We encourage you to email warranty@urbandale.com with your concerns so they can be rectified.

"There's Comfort in Higher Standards" FALSE

Urbandale does not deliver finished homes! Purchased 2 homes from Urbandale a townhouse and single family home. From the intial walkthrough to getting the keys, this whole process has been a nightmare and I would never recommend Urbandale Construction to anyone. I have dealt with several builders in Ottawa Richcraft, Minto and I have never had such a poor level of customer service as well as finishing quality.
Urbandale should not be in business if this is how they are going to deliver homes to customers. Totally unacceptable.

Wennin Chiu in Ottawa
Wennin Chiu in Ottawa
0 reviews Ottawa, ON

Problems After Problems

Urbandale does not live up to its reputation and so called "high standards".

A month after moving into our new home (after having our closing date pushed back 3 times), we experienced a sewer backup determined to be the result of negligent construction. As a result, items stored in the basement were damaged as well as trims, baseboards, drywall, carpet etc...

Its been over a month and we still haven't been able to use our own basement! To top it off, we are out of pocket because Urbandale has refused to cover our contents damaged and increased hydro bill (heavy machinery was running 24/7 for a week). No apology was conveyed or compensation offered for the inconvenience of being displaced from our home and the stress caused on our family.

Had high hopes for this builder but overall experience has been terrible! On top of the sewer backup, we paid for upgrades and have since discovered that some were not installed, but have not been offered any compensation for the errors. All Urbandale cares about is getting paid. There is no incentive to rectify issues or to deliver on a quality home that they can stand behind.

Hi there. Urbandale Construction is committed to building a quality home of lasting value to our happy and delighted customers. As you know we have discussed this previously and offered you options to rectify the situation. There is more to the story than you have shared with the online community. We encourage you to reengage discussions with the Warranty Department. Thank you.

ANNA in Ottawa
ANNA in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

Windows

I will not refer anyone to buy URBANDALE. I especially cannot believe the quality or lack thereof the windows. We have to have pretty much have to replace all the windows, after one year may I add, due to water condensation etc.
As we were living here for a year, we covered our windows and paid to have our blinds installed. Now that Urbandale requires to replace the windows, we have been told that WE are responsible to pay our installer again to take down the blinds and then put them back up once the windows are replaced. I understand that this is not a major problem, but I cannot justify why we should be responsible to pay again, when it was URBANDALE's issue of poor windows being installed to begin with.
PEOPLE BEWARE....obviously their slogan of "There is comfort in higher standards" is not true.

Thank you for voicing your concerns. In accordance with Tarion’s guidelines, Urbandale is responsible to repair the defect. All personal belongings are the responsibility of the homeowner. However, Urbandale prides themselves on the product they provide. As such Urbandale has organized an extended warranty, past the standard 1-year warranty, to provide comfort with the replaced window panes. If you wish to discuss this further, we recommend you reach out to your warranty service coordinator at warranty@urbandalel.com

Excellent experience

Our experience with Urbandale has been outstanding. Everyone we dealt with from day 1 has been professional, very friendly and super responsive to our needs. Questions were answered in a timely manner. Everyone is raving about our home.

Thank you for the positive review!

Home Owner in Ottawa
Home Owner in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

Nice floor plans, poor warranty

The floor plans are nice and the construction is "okay". Things were going well until we encountered an issue which WARRANTY tried to get out of fixing or compensating for in a very unprofessional and disrespectful way!! We spent 600K on this property and expected better customer service! Here's what happened:

There was no return-air flow in our master bedroom. We reported this to the warranty service. After inspection, they said that they do not know what is causing this issue, but a booster fan should fix it. I was not happy with the proposed solution as I believed before implementing a band-aid fix, they need to get to the bottom of the reason for the lack of airflow. I was told that I can hire a licensed inspector to see if they figure anything out, and that Urbandale will cover the costs. I did hire an inspector, but he couldn't identify the issue. Here's where things got very unprofessional from Urbandale's side:
- Urbandale, despite initially telling me that they would cover the costs, said they will not cover the costs!
- I sent an angry email to the manager
- They said, okay we will send you a cheque
- They sent me a cheque, but in a very cheeky way, in the letter accompanying the cheque, it says that the home owner will have no further claims
- My feeling/understanding is that they are trying to not let me ask for further repairs for the actual airflow problem with this statement!
- I have not yet cashed the cheque, waiting to see if the airflow issue will be fixed!

As for the actual airflow problem:
- Urbandale said the only solution they can come up with is to install a booster fan!!
- My issue is that the fan will be an extra appliance that will be ALWAYS ON, which will add to my hydro bill. Also, it will need repairs and maintenance. Since this issue is clearly due to either a design flaw or a construction flaw, I believe Urbandale should cover those costs. Urbandale says that it won't!!! In one email, they said that their homes are based on code with respect to airflow, even without the return airflow in the master bedroom!!! You can imagine my frustration and the flaw with this logic.

The booster fan has since been installed, but the problem persists - still no airflow!!

Thank you for reaching out to us. We would kindly ask that for any warranty related items to please contact our Warranty Department at warranty@urbandale.com.

Theressa Cummings in Perth
Theressa Cummings in Perth
1 review Kemptville, ON

Worst builder we have purchased from to date

Since moving into our home a year ago we have had nothing but issues. The first of which were poorly installed hardwood throughout. After months of battling with the warranty office, the floors were finally replaced. Now we are battling them for things such as poor cabinet paint (which is chipping off after only one year) that was an upgrade btw... as well as recurring cracks in the drywall, and a massive one in our tile work in the washroom. PS we had bought the model home expecting it to be better quality...we were wrong. Urbandale post statements about customer service excellence, but I beg to differ. We had previously purchased homes from Tamarak, Olympia and Monarch all who had not only superior quality and finishes, but exceptional post sales and warranty service. We will never buy from Urbandale again.

We are sorry to hear that you are dissatisfied with the concerns you have reported. Urbandale Construction has offered to repair most of these non-warranted items. However, we have yet to receive a response or acceptance to this offer. We would kindly ask that you contact our warranty department at warranty@urbandale.com.

More about Urbandale Construction Limited

Urbandale Construction is a family-run business with over 35 years experience building high quality homes in Ottawa. Our experience, expertise and integrity shines in every aspect of the home building process. We utilize state-of-the-art building practices that are the result of thorough research. The industry awards and recognition we’ve received ...
Looking for Builders pros in Ottawa?