Worst experience we have ever had. ROHIT did not properly address outstanding warranty items on our new build. Items of concern:
1) Roof leaked almost immediately after possession
2) Front door jam and door was warped—cannot close or lock properly
3) Basement window leaking
4) Laminate floors squeaking and moving
5) Kitchen sink fixture not properly affixed to sink (it can be moved 30 degrees each way when in use)
6) Carpets not properly affixed to the floor
7) Drywall screws popping out of drywall—wall joists are off not placed at 90 degrees from floor or ceiling
8) House address never affixed to house
9) Vinyl siding not properly secured to house in several places
10) Garage door trim not properly affixed to structure, hanging several millimeters and causing significant drooping
11) Windows not properly installed--not enough insulation around the window—significant frost build up during winter--had to remove all window trim and insulate
12) Most heat vent openings were eyeballed during the cuts, not one is properly cut--tried to hide this incompetence with over-sized vent covers
13) One heat vent pipe was not even connected to the floor vent
14) Deck was improperly built had to have it torn down
15) Rough grade certificate was never applied/filed with municipality—ROHIT misrepresented their role on this issue and maintained that all paperwork was submitted. However when queried, they could not produce any paperwork proving their claim
16) Drywall butt-joints in some areas began to buckle almost immediately
17) Phantom light switches—do not turn anything on or off
18) Concrete garage floor and driveway began cracking and chipping with one year of possession—concrete was probably poured during a heavy rain
19) Cabinets for bathrooms and frame for fireplace not installed properly—not placed at 90 degree angles from floor and ceiling
Dealing with their warranty department was horrible; they must be an atrocious employer as well as builder. Each and every call was handled by someone new as the previous individual had "moved on," or was "no longer available". I could never get a straight answer from anyone at ROHIT regarding our issues.
In my opinion they attract the shadiest people to deal with in the industry. One example of this is how ROHIT would send someone to inspect your problem but never rectify the issue. The individuals they sent would casually ask if you could "sign off" verifying that the site was visited. When this scenario occurred I was immediately suspicious. So I took one of their documents that they wanted me to sign. Fine print--"Issue was rectified." We will never buy another property that ROHIT has anything to with. Most dishonest individuals I have ever dealt with. Please keep in mind all of the aforementioned items were warranty related.
Their response when you require warranty work and it is not addressed is: "if you don't like our work than sue us." And this is how they escape their responsibility regarding all warranty issues. Please do yourself a favor and stay away from this company.
To whom it may concern at ROHIT,
I see that you read my post on homestars.com. You responded on the website but never contacted me personally regarding the issues to which I alluded. It would seem that your post on homestars.com, is merely a means to appear concerned. I look forward to your response and actual action to my personal email regarding all the issues I mentioned.