Rohit Communities

O Steiner in Sherwood Park
O Steiner in Sherwood Park
1 review Fort Saskatchewan, AB

Horrible Warranty

Worst experience we have ever had. ROHIT did not properly address outstanding warranty items on our new build. Items of concern:
1) Roof leaked almost immediately after possession
2) Front door jam and door was warped—cannot close or lock properly
3) Basement window leaking
4) Laminate floors squeaking and moving
5) Kitchen sink fixture not properly affixed to sink (it can be moved 30 degrees each way when in use)
6) Carpets not properly affixed to the floor
7) Drywall screws popping out of drywall—wall joists are off not placed at 90 degrees from floor or ceiling
8) House address never affixed to house
9) Vinyl siding not properly secured to house in several places
10) Garage door trim not properly affixed to structure, hanging several millimeters and causing significant drooping
11) Windows not properly installed--not enough insulation around the window—significant frost build up during winter--had to remove all window trim and insulate
12) Most heat vent openings were eyeballed during the cuts, not one is properly cut--tried to hide this incompetence with over-sized vent covers
13) One heat vent pipe was not even connected to the floor vent
14) Deck was improperly built had to have it torn down
15) Rough grade certificate was never applied/filed with municipality—ROHIT misrepresented their role on this issue and maintained that all paperwork was submitted. However when queried, they could not produce any paperwork proving their claim
16) Drywall butt-joints in some areas began to buckle almost immediately
17) Phantom light switches—do not turn anything on or off
18) Concrete garage floor and driveway began cracking and chipping with one year of possession—concrete was probably poured during a heavy rain
19) Cabinets for bathrooms and frame for fireplace not installed properly—not placed at 90 degree angles from floor and ceiling

Dealing with their warranty department was horrible; they must be an atrocious employer as well as builder. Each and every call was handled by someone new as the previous individual had "moved on," or was "no longer available". I could never get a straight answer from anyone at ROHIT regarding our issues.

In my opinion they attract the shadiest people to deal with in the industry. One example of this is how ROHIT would send someone to inspect your problem but never rectify the issue. The individuals they sent would casually ask if you could "sign off" verifying that the site was visited. When this scenario occurred I was immediately suspicious. So I took one of their documents that they wanted me to sign. Fine print--"Issue was rectified." We will never buy another property that ROHIT has anything to with. Most dishonest individuals I have ever dealt with. Please keep in mind all of the aforementioned items were warranty related.

Their response when you require warranty work and it is not addressed is: "if you don't like our work than sue us." And this is how they escape their responsibility regarding all warranty issues. Please do yourself a favor and stay away from this company.

To whom it may concern at ROHIT,

I see that you read my post on homestars.com. You responded on the website but never contacted me personally regarding the issues to which I alluded. It would seem that your post on homestars.com, is merely a means to appear concerned. I look forward to your response and actual action to my personal email regarding all the issues I mentioned.

Oscar Steiner

Hi Mr. Steiner, we're sorry to hear of your home ownership experience thus far. We understand that you have addressed several areas where you require assistance of our customer care team, and we would like to assist you and answer any questions you may have. Please feel free to connect with us via email at [email protected] Thank you very much. We hope to hear from you soon.

Denver in Edmonton
Denver in Edmonton

Denver

I had a amazing experience in work with builder company - Rohit Communities. Especially I want to thank Fadi Georgi. Fadi was excellent to work with through the buying processes of my house. He promptly answered any and all questions that I had. I was able to get a hold of Fadi at any time that I needed, which was very important to me. I will recommend Fadi to my friends and I am sure he will to do everything possible for them as for me.

Thank you so much for your review. We're so glad to hear of your fantastic experience with Fadi! Thank you for choosing Rohit Communities and Congratulations on your new home!

rohittownhome in Edmonton
rohittownhome in Edmonton

Haddow Townhome

From the very beginning, Daphne has been an incredible source of knowledge. She is very friendly and made the experience of buying our very first home a pleasure. She was always ready to answer all of our questions no matter how many there were. She was honest and up front from the start, giving us tips and tricks to make sure our home buying experience was very smooth! It was a pleasure to work with Daphne.

Thank you so much for your feedback. We're thrilled to hear of your great home buying experience with Daphne. Thank you for choosing Rohit Communities for your first home, and Welcome to the Rohit Communities family! Congrats!

ROSHIT in Edmonton
ROSHIT in Edmonton

essential allard

Cheaply designed, build houses, compromised in key aspects like HVAC, furnace, water supply pipes, structure all the vital parts inside the house, external finishes may attract ( please don't fall in to the trap). Many false promises will be made at the time of possession or at warranty claims, finally THROW YOU UNDER THE BUS.
Customer care PREYS on you.
Honestly, Rohit never takes responsibility for their workmanship, performance of what they build, it literally says you own the house now, you go with your personal insurance .

Hi there, we're sorry to hear of your experience. If you could send us an email with your contact information to [email protected], we can follow up and make it our most to address your concerns. Thank you.

cherynyanga
cherynyanga
1 review Edmonton, AB

The kitchen is in good condition.

They did a very good job. Everything works perfect. I really love my kitchen. The staff have good customer service.

Thank you so much for your review. We're glad to hear of your experience and are so happy to hear how much you love your kitchen! Congratulations on your new home, welcome to the Rohit Communities family!

kriswong
kriswong

First Time Home Owner Program

My experience from buying with Rohit has been nothing short of amazing thanks to the help of Daphne, Andy, and Sukh. I had a great customer experience and everything explained was professional with no hidden or misleading information. Everything was handled the way it should have been and there were no issues when Daphne placed out all the paperwork to be completed. She outlined the necessary steps that were needed to be taken- especially for a first time home owner. Andy did a great job in coming back to the home to repair any damages that were listed in the program promptly. Sukh did an excellent job in showing the home and identifying small nicks and dings that were repaired quickly. Overall- the attention to care given by Daphne, Andy, and Sukh have been a positive experience and I would absolutely recommend Rohit to my friends and family because I was taken care of so well by these individuals.

I could not be happier with my home, especially my first home thanks to the professional help of Rohit.

Hi Kris, thank you so much for your review! We are thrilled to hear that Daphne, Andy and Sukh took such great care of you throughout your entire home buying process. Thanks for choosing Rohit Communities! All the best!

Jeff
Jeff
1 review Sherwood Park, AB

New Home Build

The sales experience was positive. Blair is an industry veteran who guided us through the process and made it very enjoyable. The build was completed one month ahead of schedule, which enabled us to move in well in advance of Christmas which was a goal we had communicated. We felt very informed during the build and appreciated the information shared during our inspection and possession date walk through. Ramon took the time to ensure any defects were noted, and provided us with the information we needed to report any additional issues.
As we have now moved in we are pleased with the final product. As with any new product there are deficiencies which will need to be addressed in future inspections, but overall we are very pleased. The only negative in this experience has been the quality of our hardwood floors. We are finding them to be easily damaged by household furniture, and really not practical for family living. Having said that this has been a good experience, and we will recommend Rohit to others.

Hi Jeff, thank you so much for your review and comments. We appreciate you leaving feedback and will pass along your notes. Thank you so much for choosing Rohit Communities!

zapper22
zapper22
1 review Edmonton, AB

Walls prepped and painted due to nail popping, paint splashed removed from screen door,garage floor repair to be done in spring

They were
A. Always on time and polite
B. Made sure I was satisfied with the work when it was finished

All experiences were great!

Thanks very much for your review and feedback! We appreciate you choosing Rohit Communities for your new home!

Tran
Tran

Townhome

Great customer service from beginning to the end of purchase transaction. (Sales representative Daphne was knowledgable, patient and easy to work with). Quality of workmanship is above standard. Site supervisor Andy and Ramon was thorough during the pre-Occupancy walk through. Awesome team!!

Thank you so much for your review! We're thrilled to hear that Daphne, Andy and Ramon took great care of you throughout your home buying process. Thank you for choosing Rohit Communities!

New home purchase

Purchased new townhouse from Rohit Communities, great experience from start to finish. Team took great care of deficiencies and any issues that have come up. Will recommend this home builder to anybody who is looking for new innovative product and great customer service.

Thank you so much for your review and for choosing Rohit Communities for your new home! All the best!

More about Rohit Communities

Rohit Communities started in 1986 by building a single home, and has now grown to be one of Western Canada's leading home builders. Our townhomes and duplexes have always been our trademark homes, but our diverse product selection has grown to include two storey single family homes, bungalows and apartment-style condos.
***
We are kept on our path to continuous improvement thanks due our commitment to building innovation. Our home models are constantly evolving, and we are recognized as an industry leader for our unique attention to exterior detailing and our efficient use of space inside our homes. We have received multiple awards on local, provincial and national levels including the highly sought-after title of Edmonton’s Home Builder of the Year 4 times. We pride ourselves on having achieved the right balance of quality and affordability and we ensure that our customers always see the value in owning a Rohit home.
***
Most recently, we created 6 new designer looks, now available in all our home styles—something that no other new home builder in the Edmonton market is offering. These 6 carefully curated styles include the perfect elements to create a truly custom look that reflects cutting edge designs and your personality. From cabinetry and counters, to hinges and handles, no detail has been overlooked. All of this comes to you with the affordability and value you trust Rohit to deliver. No matter what style you choose your price won’t change!