RKS Building Group

Reviews for RKS Building Group

well done in Old Toronto
well done in Old Toronto

built my house

This company custom built my 3000 sq ft house over 12 years ago and I am still very satisfied with the quality and workmanship. We still get compliments from people on how nice the house looks and more importantly unsolicited offers to buy it. I have not had any problems related to construction, the builder or his trades. RKS pulled out all the stops to get it built on time and within Budget. RKS really knows what they are doing. A satisfied customer !

Dissatisfied  in Old Toronto
Dissatisfied in Old Toronto

Beware

Beware of this builder. We hired RKS to build our house and within a short time following completion we have paid out over $10,000 to correct major defects in the work performed by some of his trades. His reputation amongst the gta home building industry is not positive and by such the quality of his trades pool is poor resulting in poor workmanship which in some cases the work is not even completed to code. On multiple occasions during the building process Ricky attempted to cut corners for no apparent benefit to anyone, expect to not provide the
attention to detail that is required when managing and supervising trades and building a quality product. It has been mentioned by other trades in the industry that they are surprised he is still even in business considering the lack of quality and service delivered.

Ken in Toronto
Ken in Toronto

Did not back up his work and shifts blame

RKS Building Group
416-510-8303
310 Richview Avenue
Toronto

After paying an enormous amount money for our renovation with RKS I found out eight years later that our attic was not properly insulated when the renovation was done. I was selling our house, and I had to get another company to insulate the attic. I called RKS to pay back the money expended, as I could not believe that I had next to know insulation in my attic, and have been paying enormous heating and air conditioning bills as a result. After trying to get Rick to assist me, and to have me paid back a total of $1500, he relied on the fact that notwithstanding the fact he was my go to person during the entire construction phase this was not his fault, as I actually contracted not with Rick for the job, but someone who was responsible who is now in Bulgaria and he cannot get my money back. I have no idea who this person is. Rick definitely failed to come to the plate and back up his work and shifted blame on someone else, notwithstanding we trusted him to watch over the contractors that he picked. Very disappointing after the size of the project and what I felt was a very personable relationship with Rick.

SL in M4t
SL in M4t

Custom Home Design/Build

We decided to use RKS Building Group (Rick) after meeting with several prospective custom home builders and we were not disappointed. Rick was professional and attentive from start to finish, through the design/permit process to the completion of our dream home. Most importantly, our house was finished on-time and on budget. Job well done RKS!

L from Toronto
L from Toronto

Large scale house renovation

Rick was rarely on site, unresponsive (i.e., did not pick up his phone, reply to emails or texts) and ultimately not dependable. His workers complained about him constantly and a couple of his workers quit while on the job. Despite promises for over a year to complete work that had been paid for in full, he never completed the job. After already having paid Rick, I was left to pay another contractor to properly complete the job Rick started.

Please call me. I am not sure what job this is because no trades ever quit on any of our jobs.

A.L. in Cedarvale
A.L. in Cedarvale
1 review York, ON

Renovation / Modernization

We did a lot of research before landing on Ricky. All his references checked out. At the end of the day, he did what he said he would do in the time alloted (and it was relatively tight timelines) and came in on budget. He was always there for us when we needed him. He has an excellent network of trades people and did great negotiating for us on our behalf. We have finished paying him and he is still helping us out as promised for the outstanding items. I would absolutely use him again and recommend him to others.

Dana Toronto
Dana Toronto
1 review Como, CO

Mirror Install and Painting

Rick was extremely professional and helpful during the entire process. He is a very good contratctor/builder with a wealth of experience. There were some small problems which I am sure will corrected along the way.