Starline Windows

Windows & Doors Installation & Service
477 Boleskine Road Victoria BC

Reviews for Starline Windows

Disorganized and rude

I had a lot of windows installed through Starline probably 20+ windows in all, most where OK although there were a few products that weren't exact or were installed slightly at an angle. Then I had the glass repaired as a window broke which costs about $170. I'm not great at checking VISA charges monthly as my bill is online and I usually just pay it, but I did check this time because the amount was so high because by "accident" they charged me an extra $2500!!!! It was apparently a mistake. They barely apologized. There was another confusion about a bill and they couldn't explain it to me and treated me really rudely. I'd say it's all good with Starline until it's not good and something goes wrong and then the customer service is abysmal.

New home construction

Used Starline for all windows for our new home, built 4 years ago. Immediate problems with lack of followup service ... most windows wouldn't close, some wouldn't open; this took over 4 months to resolve, even though it was winter and we were living in the home!

North-facing windows have condensation on outside for several hours each day during winter months;also handprints show and seem to be trapped inside the double panes. I am told this condensation is because of the "Low E coating" which we paid extra for, and is "normal" . Perhaps normal for Starline ... why wasn't I warned about this, and how is it acceptable to have large picture windows I can't see out of for part of the day?

Tomas in Kelowna
Tomas in Kelowna
1 review Kelowna, BC

WIndows for whole house

Did a full reno on our home and replaced all windows.
They arrived a few days after of what was promised so all good there on that timeline. One window (9ft) was a foot shorter, so somehow they measured it wrong or somewhere a mistake was made. They took full responsibility for it and ordered the new window. WIndows look fine to me, no complaints. They are cheaper then other companies, but overall more then fine for the average home owner who is not looking for the top of the line most fancy windows. The quality is fine.

Window Replacement

The work in our new condo was to replace just one cracked window. We expected it would be a simple matter of an appointment to measure and a second to remove and install. That's not what happened though; eight appointments, and as many months later the job is finally complete. Thankfully it's rare to encounter such rude office staff and incompetent installers. Only one of the bunch knew what he was doing.

Ida from Burnaby
Ida from Burnaby
7 reviews Langley, BC

Windows

We ordered windows from Starline and Nick was our consultant. He recommended the best windows for our budget and was very helpful in our customizations.

I would recommend Starline Windows.

Great product.

eric d in Langley
eric d in Langley
1 review Langley, BC

Slider and 2 windowreplacement

Starline Windows is one of the worst companies I have ever used for service, quality, and customer support.

I had a sliding door replaced and it was badly scratched. They informed me they would replace the entire sliding panel of the door and I was appeased, but when they arrived they only replaced the glass portion and did a horrible job. (chips, scratches, misalignment) I complained and they told me that a junior technician did "shoddy workmanship" and their senior tech would come with a new piece of glass and all would be well.

The senior tech arrived and did an excellent job of installing the glass and left. Unfortunately, he damaged the re-used glass when he reinstalled it and didn't even tell me. I had to complain yet again.

I pleaded with this company for a new door, and not a repair, but they once again repaired the door for a third time. The senior tech did it and he would not even say hello to me, or acknowledge me at all. The repair job was OK, but it still looks like a repaired door with various damage(scratches, nicks), misalignment, etc. There was glue left all over the door as well which I spent hours cleaning.

I had to hound them several times as they kept on not getting back to me. The whole process took 3 months and I was still not satisfied. Customer service did not do a good job in resolving this issue. They told me that they would not refund me out of spite as I was getting upset with them that they could not handle this properly once and for all.

In the end, I took a cash payout for my issues, but I would have much rather had the job done properly without all of the hassle

caroljj53 in Langley, British Columbia
caroljj53 in Langley, British Columbia
1 review Surrey, BC

New windows promote mould growth

My complex had and is having these windows install this year as part of some reconstruction work including new siding. Mine were installed in the summer. Since then, I have had a lot of condensation INSIDE and now mould growth.
I have gone through new window installation in the past in a house and nothing like this ever happened.
I contacted the company and received no response.

Would I recommend these windows? No

paul sangha from Surrey
paul sangha from Surrey
2 reviews Surrey, BC

new constrcution

Worst customer service I ever received. I purchased windows for my new home and my salesman left starline while my house was under construction. It took me numerous phone calls and emails to get my back orders and get few items repaired. One of my bathroom window came with clear glass instead of obscured glass and I cant understand why it took them six months to replace it. I will never buy windows from them again.
paul sangha

More about Starline Windows

Starline Windows has been proudly designing, and building windows for the past 50 years. Industry leaders, from architecturally designed commercial aluminum windows and doors to the most modern residential vinyl window and door products.