Long Life Windows & Doors Ltd.

Windows & Doors Installation & Service
1645 Boundary Road Vancouver BC V5K 4X7
HomeStars  >  Windows & Doors Installation & Service in Burnaby  >  Long Life Windows & Doors Ltd.

Reviews for Long Life Windows & Doors Ltd.

Best Installers in Vancouver
Best Installers in Vancouver
1 review Vancouver, BC

Window and sliding door replacement

We had 4 large basement windows, 2 sliding doors and a front door replaced by longlife. We are seasoned renovators and chose this company based on its reviews (which were stellar), its mid-level windows that fit our budget, and because its a local operation.

We met with Kris (co-owner) at the appointed time (always a good indicator when people are on time) in the small showroom and liked his personal approach. We agreed upon style and price, although design resources were minimal (my personal beef with most window showrooms) and had them installed 6 weeks later (we went away so 6-8
week lead time was not an issue).

Two polite, conscientious, energetic, focused and knowledgeable installers showed up for the job (believe me that's RARE). Preston and Peter introduced themselves politely, removed their shoes indoors voluntarily, worked efficiently to remove and replace windows and doors, and were detail focused while still managing to respectfully manage unexpected challenges. There was no complaining or negativity even though the front door that showed up was not exactly as ordered. They responded professionally in every situation.

However, I am still waiting for a quote to replace more windows, guess it's a busy time of year.

Sonia in Vancouver
Sonia in Vancouver

Window replacements

Bernard and Shawn did an amazing job on our new windows. As a new Mom with a little one at home, they were friendly and considerate of our needs. They worked hard, arriving early and on throughout the day, even during pouring rain. This father/son team are polite, no-nonsense and efficient. They take pride in their work and want to make sure the client is left satisfied. Thank you so much for your time and talents. Little Jackson misses his buddies.

Hello Sonia,

Thank you for your kind words. I will pass them on to Bernard and Shawn. And let them know that Jackson is a fan as well!

Kris Alexander,

Chris B in Vancouver
Chris B in Vancouver

Full Window Replacement

A few year ago I had Long Life replace some windows and a door during a kitchen renovation. When it came time to replace the rest of the windows in my 1929 built home there was no question who I would be calling. Paul was extremely helpful during the quoting stage, offering advice on configurations, areas we could save some money, and most importantly understanding what would look appropriate for the style of the home. I was also thrilled that Paul was able to have Randy the installer who did the previous job come install the new windows. Randy was not only a great craftsman, taking the time to meticulously trim out the exterior of the windows, but extremely helpful offering insight and guidance on how best for me to trim out the interior portion. I would not hesitate to recommend Paul, Randy and the rest of the Long Life team.

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your kind words. Our business relies so much on referral and repeat business. We are honoured you chose to work with us again and we once again met your expectations!

Kris Alexander,

Daniel in Richmond
Daniel in Richmond
1 review North Vancouver, BC

Love the windows

We had all our windows replaced by Long Life recently. Initially, we were told their crew can replace all 25 windows in four to five days. I thought it might take longer or maybe Long Life will send a big crew for the job.

On the first day, Preston and his crew (Peter and Nicki) arrived around 11:30am due to a long queue for loading the windows at Vinyltek Windows’s warehouse. Despite a late start, the crew managed to replace eight windows before the end of day – Day 1. On the second day, they replaced 11 windows – Day 2. By the end of the third day, they had replaced 24 windows – Day 3. They reserved the largest and trickiest window for the next day. Preston, Peter and Nicki spent the first half of the next day to replace the big window and the remaining time to put on new trims and touched up the interiors of the other windows – Day 4—I was very impressed with the crew’s efficiency.

We are very pleased with their work and professionalism. They paid attention to details. Preston primed the trimmings of the two big windows knowing the bare wood will need some weather protection to survive the spring showers. A small chip of the outside wall near the garage window came off during removal of the old window. Peter returned on the following day – Day 5 – just to paint the small piece with a matching paint. Nicki always cleaned up the work areas at the end of each day. We appreciate that detailed attention very much. We would highly recommend Preston, Peter and Nicki to anyone who is considering replacing their windows.

Hello Daniel,

Thank you for your kind words. I know that Preston and his crew have read your review and are so pleased that you took the time and attention to mention each of them. We are equally pleased that you are happy with the work done.

Thanks again!
Kris Alexander

Roy Uyeno from Richmond
Roy Uyeno from Richmond
3 reviews Vancouver, BC

Ecstatic with our Windows and Doors!

A friend of mine referred me to Paul at Long Life Windows and Doors as I was looking to replace my 25 year old windows, front door and my rear patio door. I had done some research on window installation and knew that the quality of installation and workmanship was key and just as important as the quality of windows themselves. Paul was great to work with right from the start, explaining the process and giving us great suggestions on window type and suitability without trying to “sell”. I really appreciated his honesty and explaining that their company stood behind their workmanship, the quality Vinyltek windows and ensuring that they go beyond to ensure customer satisfaction.
Simply put, I was not disappointed and so happy I went with Long Life. Bernard, Shawn and Ryan (the crew) assigned to our job were the best. Bernard is a master craftsman who takes pride in his work and treated our house as if it was his own. He ensured everything was done to perfection and went above and beyond especially for our door installations. Our patio door was changed to a double French door which meant cutting into the wall and Bernard made sure everything was done impeccably. At the end of the day, we are so happy with how everything turned out and the great service and follow up to make sure everything was right. Our neighbours keep telling us how great our windows and doors look! Thanks Paul, Bernard, Shawn dandy Ryan!

Hello Roy,

Thank you for your amazing review. We truly appreciate your business and the time you took to write a review. It has been a pleasure working with you and Winnie.

Arleen
Arleen
1 review Vancouver, BC

D**n those are some nice windows

Compared to two other companies, Vinyltek was the clear winner on quality. I went and tried out two other brands and they weren't as good as Vinyltek. The hardware wasn't smooth and didn't glide. In fact, some were really clunky and I thought they were broken...but they were in fact, brand new. One other brand told me they couldn't do black window frames due to heat expansion and so they would break/crack/etc. Odd information considering I ended up getting black Vinyltek windows!

Paul was in the showroom that day I popped by so he introduced me to all their products. The windows are fantastic but the french doors is what really sold me. I also really appreciated the no-pressure, no sales pitch approach Paul had. He wanted to give me all the necessary information for me to make my own decision and not walk away feeling like I was backed into a corner and had to pick them. I felt so at ease that I asked for a quote. He then Josh over to do exact measurements, then gave me a more concrete quote and I went ahead with my order. Only needed to give a deposit and was told the balance was upon completion. The two other companies wanted at least 50% at the time I placed my order, so it tells me that Long Life stands by their product and also by the fact you will be satisfied with the product and installation.

Josh, Alice and one other fellow came on the day of installation. They had the scaffolding up in no time and started right away. Josh asked me what type of window sills we wanted, so I walked around the neighborhood and snapped some of my neighbors' sills that I liked and he did that for our place. The new sills with the stunning black windows really make the heritage-styled house look modern without taking away the heritage vibe. They did amazing work. They were in and out in two days and left the place looking exactly as it was before. Fantastic crew! I couldn't be happier with the work they did!

Thank you Paul, Zooey, Kris, Josh, Alice and the third musketeer on that crew for the excellent customer service and great workmanship! I've already had several people comment on how great the windows look, so thank you!

Hello Arleen,

That is a d**n great review. Thank you so much for taking the time. It was a pleasure working with you.

Jay in Vancouver
Jay in Vancouver

Honest Company and Great Folks

Honest and excellent company. My experience with long life has been top notch. From start to completion. Kris did an excellent job in customer satisfaction and Bernard and his team did a superb jobs re window installations. If you are looking for a trustworthy Company that stands behind its products and goes beyond customer expectation, then you will not go wrong with Long life. Highly recommended!

Hello Jay,

Thank you for the kind words. To know we have our customers' trust is a great honour.

Enjoy your new windows!

BonnieW in Burnaby
BonnieW in Burnaby
1 review Burnaby, BC

Everything was great

Replaced a front door with sidelight and patio door. Entire process from sales to installation was excellent. The installation crew are professional and pleasant.
We will have them back for future work and will not hesitate to recommend them to others.

Thank you for the kind words, Bonnie!

We are very happy you are loving your new doors. We look forward to working with you again.

1 review North Vancouver, BC

Replacement of French doors

This is an exceptionally straightforward, honest, courteous and ethical company . In addition, the product is top quality and the installation superb. They even sent a tax receipt to us for their donation of the old doors. Truly a pleasure to do business with.

Hello,

Thank you so much for your kind words. We take as much pride in our business practices as we do in our quality products and installations. It is rewarding to get such positive feedback on both.

Mike & Debbie Linde in Coquitlam
Mike & Debbie Linde in Coquitlam
1 review Coquitlam, BC

Very impressed!

From the sales room with Blaine, home estimate with Blaine and Paul and installation with Bernard and Shawn, Long Life Windows surpassed my expectations.
Everyone was very friendly, professional and knowledgeable but it was the personal touch of all involved that attracted me to this company.
I could tell that I was dealing with a good family run business with people who took pride in their work and reputation.

The installation of the windows by Bernard and Shawn was quick, clean and it was obvious that they were good at their job. With the new windows now installed I immediately noticed the difference in my home. The outside noise was significantly reduced and the increased comfort and warmth of the home very noticeable.

I would highly recommend Long Life Windows and Doors to anyone considering an investment in their biggest asset.

Mike and Debbie, Thank you for your great review.
I will pass your kind words on to Bernard, Shawn, Blaine and Paul.
Enjoy your new quieter and warmer home.

Kris Alexander, General Manager

More about Long Life Windows & Doors Ltd.

The Long Life Windows & Doors Team combines decades of experience in replacement windows and window installations for the Greater Vancouver region. We have a longstanding reputation for exceptional service and skilled workmanship, and we pride ourselves on providing high quality doors and windows that meet exacting standards of excellence.

Our hands-on approach ensures we deliver what we promise. And it’s why word of mouth advertising is the biggest builder of our business.