NUSITE Contractors Ltd

NUSITE Contractors Ltd

Best of 2020 winner 4 timesBest of 2020winner 4 times

Reviews for NUSITE Contractors Ltd

Waterproofing

So happy to have hired Nusite to deal with a recent water issue! I had an old window well outside of my laundry room and the water finally made it's way inside. I feared it was going to be a huge issue with a large price tag. Thanks to Geoff and Lee and a fantastic team, the issue was fixed quickly. The team was efficient, friendly, respectful of my home, and they did a great job! Lee managed the job from beginning to end and followed up to ensure I was happy. To top it off, the price was extremely reasonable for the work that was done. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this company. Thanks Nusite.

DJPLCD1323
DJPLCD1323

Amazing Service - Over and Beyond

Lee and the entire Nusite team were amazing to work with. We appreciated how honest, accommodating and accessible Lee and the team were throughout our renovations. Our services were on time and on budget. We would recommend Nusite for all your waterproofing needs!

Thanks for all the help along the way.

ASHEN
ASHEN

Topnotch Company! These guys are experts!

Bought a new house (built in the 1950s) and we discovered mold in the basement walls. The Nusite team came and assessed the basement and presented a long-term solution for our home. They are a VERY ORGANIZED business. The work was completed on time and on budget. Very respectful of the neighborhood and did not irritate any of the neighbors.

They guided us through everything and advised us on applying and getting the sump pump rebate (which we got!). They cleaned up the site after work was completed

I would highly recommend Nusite to anyone looking for a trustworthy company that does outstanding work.

Yol in Brampton
Yol in Brampton

Complete redo of concrete garage floor

We called to waterproof cracks in garage floor and discovered all the soil underneath was all washed out from front to back. Gemil from this company advised us and supervised all the work. Everything was done in a timely manner and made to last for many more years. Gemil was easy to communicate with and punctual as he promised. This company cares. We recomend them.

Joel in North york
Joel in North york

Exterior waterproofing

Second time I used this company. Happy the first time so I called them back to do other parts of my foundation. They were able to do the work within the week and were done in 2 days. It rained right after, and the earth settled in where they buried and they came out within a day to top it up with more crushed stone including additional where I had asked for so it would not get muddy where we walk alongside the house. I would recommend them and use them again.

Hi Joel!

We appreciate your loyalty and working with us a second time! We are so glad to hear you are happy with the work and beyond grateful for supporting us as a small business during these tough times. Thank you!

Stay safe and wishing you all the best!
Nusite Contractors
416-622-7000

Strachan
Strachan

Basement Underpinning/Waterproof/Buildout

The team took a difficult semi-detached, skinny 16ft lot, dated 1920s house - and completed on budget and on time. Most important, we’re happy customers - and they care. Thank you Nusite!

Thank you for the kind words!

Nusite Contractors
416.622.7000

Waterproofing

I worked with Dave to do waterpoofing in my basement.

He responded right away, quoted right after our meeting and his crew got the job done in a few days. I had some follow up questions and he looked after everything and answered all my questions. I would highly recommend their work.

Thank you for choosing Nusite Contractors Ltd. for your waterproofing job. Our team strives for perfection on every site, and are thankful for our great clients! We wish you the best and hope you are staying safe through these tough times.

Thanks Again,

Dave & the Nusite Contractors Team

Private User reviews Vaughan, ON

Waterproofing and Foundation Repair

Nusite Contractors Ltd. did a great job waterproofing the exterior of my home. The team was very helpful and walked me through the entire process. I had a few other companies come out to give me estimates, however, Dave (and the man on the phone) were very knowledgeable and kind. He saved me a ton of money and gave great recommendations.

This work was done about 2 months ago, and I have had no issues since. I highly recommend Nusitce Contractors Ltd. as they are very professional and helpful. 10/10 I would definitely use them again. Thanks again!

ps. They were also very respectful with social distancing.

Thank you kindly for your review! All the best!
Nusite Contractors Ltd.
416.622.7000

Jonas from North York
Jonas from North York

Water proofing, sump pump, weeping tile

During the process of building my home we needed a company to waterproof and install sump pumps. We were referred to Nusite. I called Dave from Nusite and he came by to do a walk around of the property and provide a quote. Dave took the time to explain what needed to be done and the best way to protect my basement from leaks. I spoke to a few other companies and Nusite's price was very competitive and their knowledge was far superior. Nusite's crew was clean while on the job site and efficient. Due to a high water table, Dave suggested solutions that no other company had suggested. Thank you Nusite. I would recommend this company.

Thank you Jonas for the nice words. It was awesome working for you and your new build.

quintar1 in Bowmanville
quintar1 in Bowmanville
3 reviews Oshawa, ON

Basement Waterproofing/Foundation Repair/Sump Pump Install

I am leaving the original Review.
But...
Once Nusite sent out one of their bosses to evaluate my property and what was done by their one crew. Things changed.
So once he got a lay of the land, they got a new crew out here (George and crew, amazing!)
These guys are taking their time and getting the job done right. They are on day 8 so far. And there's still a fair bit of work to go. They had to dig out under the old work, which is hard. and pour concrete, they have to do all this by hand now. I have no fear that my basement will leak with George and crew out here. He's requested me to check out their work several times. Now they are getting ready to backfill the area they have been working on and moving to a new area. So much hard work! But Nusite came through when they found out the job was subpar the first time. What more can you really ask for than a company that actually backs up their work?

Had George been the original guy they sent out here, it would have been a 10 star rating I'm sure.
***Original Review
So I got quotes, and I liked these guys.
Many people said that from what they could see, it seemed like the foundation was in decent repair.
And the salemans for Nusite said that they have only once not be able to find a line for the weeping system.
(our house is OLD, never had a weeping system, so no line).
(Apparently we don't have footings either . . . )

The promise was to dig down to the footing, install weeping tile, aquabloc and dimple board and all things like that.
all around the house, then either go under our floating backroom, or if the concrete went all the way then they would do it as well (but not expected).

We my wife and I hired them.
I spent most of the 4 days outside with these guys (huge amount of money for us), so I could see what was going on, and I even helped out with grabbing things, and running extention cables, simple things like that)
I used to do contracting, so I have a solid understanding of what they were doing, just no experience with it.

So they showed up with a good size crew on Monday.
Didn't take long and they started digging (and it was hot).
They only worked for about 1/2 the day. (I was over heating just standing outside with them).
They kept the front and side yards clean (well covered in dirt . . . but clean from bottles and stuff). I did tell the site supervisor I had dogs and the backyard needed to be safe for them, every day after they left, I had to clean up their stuff they just left around the yard.

Day 2 (Tuesday).
large crew showed up, they told me during this that the foundation is
one of the worst they have ever seen. they were going to pour a new flat concrete pad on the front of the foundation to give it strength and give them a smooth working area. (huge cost increase but they couldn't do it with the condition of the foundation (it was hidden underground before they started, so no way they could have known)

Since there was no weeping system, they said they would need to put in the sump pump. It never dawned on me that it would need to be inside and through my floor, it really should have, So I wasn't happy about that, but there was nothing anyone could do, the house needed a sump pump.
When this was quickly mentioned, it was never mentioned they would need to get in to the basement, and break the floor (I should have known better, but I didn't think of it). (more on that later)

They had to pop some fence boards and fence sections off, they put them all back (on the last day) They broke boards, they used a shovel to pry the boards off (some where screwed). I asked this day why the excavation was only 40", i was told that on day 2 of a 6 day job (which they did in 4 btw) was not the time to measure, that the weeping system would be at the footer.

So Wednesday (day 3), they show up to build frames.
They did this quite a bit faster then they expected, so we had a lot of time to wait for the concrete truck. They did not brush the old foundation, they didn't pressure wash it, so there is lots of dirt between the old foundation and the new pour. And the "repair" job goes down 40" of the approx 60" it should be at the side of the property . . .

The concrete made a bit of mess against the house in a few spots, I'm hoping it'll wear off over time (took a wire brush too it, still won't come off)
Even the concrete truck driver asked them where the vibration rod was (with out this there will be air pockets, and the concrete will not flow all the way in to the deeper holes)

So day 4, So they pull out the forms (the wood that holds the concrete in place) patched up any not even spaces, give it a bit to dry and start putting the aqua-bloc (smells like gasoline and looks like tar), and they do all their layers. When the supervisor notices me taking pictures of a few spots that aren't fully covered, he makes them put on more. Then dirt and taping the dirt so it's tight packed.
So they never dug out the rest of the depth, so I have a trench around my house (not even all the way around as I was told it HAD to be), from 40-57 inches below my window well.
Trying to talk to the site supervisor, and his boss (over the phone). They never dug it out, so the bottom of the walls never got fixed. . . .
The entire basement smells like the tar they put on the walls. (according to the manufature of AQUA-BLOK new concrete must have 14 days to cure before you apply this stuff)
There was a window open, so we thought maybe just it was a lingering smell from the window. Apparently this is quite common, but hard to find information on. Bought some VOC monitors, levels were approaching unsafe, bought 2 air cleaners, furnace filters with active carbon. Kept the numbers in the yellow zone (long term exposure is bad in this range, so I felt safe enough with these numbers)
Now, they worked in hot freaking weather, happy guys, friendly guys.
I truly liked the workers, and even the site supervisor. We all even shared a meal!
I questioned them about why the weeping system wasn't connected to the sump pump, they told me it was (I thought maybe I missed it), they destroyed my floor, put dirt all over my walls, did a horrible job repouring the concrete, and the pit isn't level so 1 side sticks out of the floor more then the other . . . .

So I left a negative review on here, and the site supervisor came back out, and told me he was going to bring his wife and kids to my home because he was going to get fired. He screwed up a 33,000 dollar job, and came to my house and made me feel VERY uncomfortable, so I took all the negatives out of the review.
While telling some friends and family, they told me I should sue them for how bad of a job they did.
I sent them an email instead, I don't want to sue,

My email to them, which contains everything they did wrong, and I have not heard back from the salesman / office since before I left the review. They have CUT and RAN me.

It has been 2 weeks since the job was "finished".
Let us take a look at all the things done wrong.
A) You said the weeping tile system would be a complete circle around the house, they would go under or around the floating slab, They did not, infact they didn't even do either side of the stairwell, they stopped at the brick and didn't keep going.
B) Foundation repair, since they didn't dig out the entire depth, the entire foundation wasn't repaired . . .
C) they didn't brush or pressure wash the stone, so too much dirt was on the rocks before the pour of the concrete wall.
D) they didn't bring a vibration rod, so the concrete didn't flow in to all the deep holes and still had lots of air bubbles.
E) sump pump installation was a disaster, the banged-up walls, the pit wasn't level, the concrete work is bad.
F) weeping system was installed at depths from 40-57 inches below the bottom of the window wells, the INSIDE floor height is 54 inches the floor thickness was 6-8 inches. What height should the weeping system be below the window well then? (which you promised me during the installation this wouldn't be an issue right?)
My math roughly speaking, 54" to the floor, +6" floor thickness, +6 inches for the weeping system. They couldn't find the footing, but they were only 57 inches deep at the max depth that I watched and/or measured. if my research is correct, they wouldn't see the footing at that depth (that would be at about the 60inches?).
G) according to aqua-blok All surfaces must be sound, dry, and free from grease, dirt or other contaminants and must be reasonably smooth. Allow a minimum of fourteen days curing time on all new concrete. Prior to application, the deck should be blown with compressed air, vacuumed or thoroughly swept with a soft bristle broom. Curing compounds must be removed prior to application of membrane. Joints, cracks, and wall junctions require preparation. Refer to Guide Specification.
My concrete didn't even have 24 hours to cure.
H) also according to Henry Company (aqua-blok manufacturer) it wasn't given enough time to cure before the back fill and that's why my house has a horrible stench and toxic VOC's in it.
To try and combat the VOC's I've purchased 2 activated carbon air cleaners, activated carbon furnace filters, inline activated carbon filter for an exhaust fan, 2 air quality metres. a window fan, I have a large air mover that I have added a carbon filter to, blowing air outside, an exhaust fan blowing air outside, and a window fan blowing air outside. I have been able to keep the TVOC's (Total VOC's) in the yellow zone (long term exposure is not good at these levels, but under the red zone where short term exposure is bad), and it seems like when the heat (or maybe the sun) outside isn't too bad I can keep it in the green zone with all this mechanical ventilation I needed to add.
I) Since there was a 4-5 inch wall poured, there is A LOT of extra dirt on my property now.
J) About 1/4 of the dirt was packed down with that machine, you told me flat out that the dimple board WILL rip if not tapped down. When I asked Carl about this, said it was done. When he came to my house, he told me his guys told him they did it, but he still didn't fix it.
K) When an HONEST (and I even kept it on the nicer side of honest) review of the work done, I had the site supervisor for the job show up at my house, and tell me that if I didn't remove the review, they were going to bring their wife and children to my home, to my home. They were going to bring other people to my home, where my children have to live, I felt VERY uncomfortable and unsafe in this situation. I didn't know what they or the workers might do if I refused, so I took it down.

There is so much wrong with this job I don't even know if this is everything.

This is not okay, you took a lot of money to do a subpar job.

What is Nusite going to do to make this right?
With the nature of this, I would like all correspondence to be written, so email works well.

Review has 2 previous versions

We are currently working with the customer to sort this out in an acceptable way. We will update once we've come to a mutual decision.
Thank you.

More about NUSITE Contractors Ltd

We are Toronto’s water damage and foundation repair experts. With Over 100 years of combined experience in Foundation Repair, Waterproofing, Basement Lowering, and Structural Concrete work in the Toronto area, we have the training and familiarity to handle every aspect of your project.

As a locally-owned, family-run business, we offer an array of experience and knowledge in the industry, helping us deliver top quality workmanship and services.