Builders

susan in Oshawa
susan in Oshawa
0 reviews Oshawa, ON

home purchase

The process has been a nightmare. My experience is overwhelmingly brutal. This company cannot be run by a man who built the business and who loves people. Outside options regarding pillars was not discussed! The house was finished very late. My home was not finished. The home was given to me dirty. Many marks and unfinished issues were throughout the house. In fact, many residents moved into their house unfinished. In a few resident's new homes, the brick was not even on the house! Talk about dangerous! Families with children and seniors - living like that! The craftsmanship is not as many issues come up when they try to "fix" them - they make it worse. Some issues are still occurring. The employees are rude and are used to homeowners not being happy.

Nicole in Waterdown
Nicole in Waterdown
0 reviews Burlington, ON

New Home Buyer

I had the pleasure of working with Annie Colpron, the designer of our beautiful new home. She was such a delightful woman and so easy to work with. She helped pick all our colours for the home and chose our beautiful room colour, that we just adore! Such an intelligent woman and I highly recommend her for your future new home decisions. Yes, our house was a little delayed, but that’s very much expected with home builders these days. We are just so pleased and happy right now with the results. Thank you so much!

Private User reviews Kitchener, ON

New Home with multiple delays

Absolutely brutal! I will never buy a new home from Freure Homes again.

My experience during the build process has been a nightmare. This company managed to mess up all the upgrades that we paid extra for, and had to keep my eyes out to see what they're going to mess up next.

Some examples:
1) We paid for an 8 foot patio door and we got a 6 foot and when the 8 foot patio door got installed they managed to bend the frame or they installed a defective door because the rail for the screen door rubs on the bottom of the screen door and it doesn't slide open properly without putting effort.

2) We paid extra for a side garage door which i happen to notice before it was installed. The frame had a huge crack the size of my finger on the hinge side which i reported to the builder to find out the next day that it was installed that way and they tried to hide the crack with foam.

3) Another issue that we had was the way the furnace was installed they left these pipes on the ground so my kids can trip over them.
Stan came up with a great idea to build a wall to hide the pipes.

4) The siding on the house rattles when windy. Inside the house it sounds like there's rats in the walls.
After getting Stan from Freure to witness the noise the siding was making they managed to find a way to delay by excusing them selves that they have to wait for a windy day to have the siding company out to have a look if they're available on that windy day. Such a Joke.

There are other issues, but this should be enough to show the quality of work Freure Homes provides.

Pictures attached. (Sorry i can only post 2 pictures)

We've been in the house a year now and the builder is trying to wash their hands with the issues and trying to find ways to not fix the problems. I'm very disappointed with how rude this builder is after

All i have to say is that this builder is a joke and the build quality is very poor, we had multiple delays.
The only person that tried to help with all the issues was Fahad, he was very helpful in answering all of our questions.

This is NOT the builder you want to go with!!

YOU'VE BEEN WARNED.

Hi
Please respond with your name so we can address your concerns.
We've been in business for 60 years. We do not "wash our hands" from our homes. We are proud of our homes and without your contact information, we cannot address your concerns. Thanks,

Disgusted customer in
Disgusted customer in

New build house

My experience with Freure has been overwhelmingly brutal. They have little concept of customer satisfaction. The only honest and positive part of this nightmare, was with Annie in colour selections. Fahad in sales does not return calls nor emails. He is too busy texting on his cell phone. I never got my appt to go over the elevation ( exterior appearance ) of my 1/2 mllion dollar house, and was not given the opportunity to choose options or upgrades. I am embarrassed to drive up to this disgrace! Be warned.. This is NOT the builder you want to go with!!

Hi Sheri-Lynn,
As I’ve previously mentioned, the elevation was signed by you at the time of signing the offer. We also sat down to go over upgrades for your basement and the exterior was never mentioned.
I’d be happy to explain this to you again and show you the agreement and all the change orders you did with us.
Freure Homes.

Private User reviews Stratford, ON

New home

Absolutely brutal! I will never buy a new home from Freuer Homes again. Cheap craftsmanship, late on deadlines, do a poor job fixing there many errors (over 100 on Tarion Warranty), and if you don't put a problem on your warranty it doesn't get fix (period).

Most of the people working for Freuer are polite, but I believe this is a tactic to diffuse client anger. I say this because they very politely fail to stand behind their product. Freuer Homes has completely failed in meeting my expectations.

If they do/did a good job for you then I am happy for you; however, after four previous older homes, they managed to ruin my first new home purchase with my new wife.

YOU'VE BEEN WARNED.

Art
Art

New Build

My new house build experience with Fruere was awful. I will let the metrics speak for themselves.

Cons
8 months late.
5 scope disagreements.
0 commitments to schedule.
No accountability.

Pros
Sara in the main office.
Overall quality is good.

501 Krug
Kitchener
N2A 1L3

Terrible company.
We recommend not buying from this company, they will bump you past closing - the firm closing date, don't even hope for the earlier ones! And then they try to weasel their way out of paying you.

The craftsmanship is not good - many issues have come up and when they try to 'fix' them they make them worse or create new issues.

The people are rude and basically realize they have your money so they don't care if you're happy or not.

If you choose to buy from this builder we recommend literally recording your conversations since we were deceived a lot from purchase to now. Don't trust their 'word' get things in writing.