Reviews for Reliance Yanch Home Comfort - Barrie

Private User reviews Barrie, ON

Furnace & A/C maintenance

L4N 6E5

Service person called 15 mins before arrival which was right on schedule. He was very informative and pleasant. Service was performed in a timely manner. I requested he put cover on a/c when he finished and he made sure I wasn’t going to be using it again this year before covering it.

arifkalad in
arifkalad in
1 review Georgina, ON

Falsifying warranty documents and continued issues with geothermal system

Purchased a 27,000 geothermal that has failed to work every single year since purchased in 2013. This matter went to legal proceedings in the beginning of June where Reliance's lawyer stated that the system works as intended even though the system went down every year - one of those times was in the winter and the house was without heat for 13 days until the issue was resolved. The system has now failed twice this week in the middle of this heat wave. Moreover, in the settlement conference Reliance stated that the warranty provided with this system is 10 years parts and 5 years labour. However, if you look at what we signed the contract states and is initialed by the sales person stating 10 years parts and labour. This is falsifying documents on top of this ridiculous situation that my elderly parents continue to have to live through after paying 27,000 for a system that does not work.

Hi Kalad, our legal claims team is handling this issue. Should you have any additional questions please contact them directly ~ Penny

DYLAN in Barrie
DYLAN in Barrie

HVAC REPAIR

L4N 6E5

Ryan from Reliance Home Comfort performed service on my HVAC system in Barrie. Very friendly, punctual, and honest. 10/10. Would refer Ryan to any friends or family in a heartbeat.

Thank you for the wonderful review Dylan! We appreciate your feedback and are always happy to help ~ Penny

Robert from Warminster
Robert from Warminster
3 reviews Coldwater, ON

Yanch took my family for a ride

L4N 6E5

Lured in 12 years ago by the former owners, we made the terrible mistake of using this company to install a geo-thermal system at our new home. Company refused to provide any warranty after botching the installation. Distributer attempted to remedy, however we have had continual problems ever since installation. Now, major failures in the system due to poor workmanship. Don't trust them as long as they carry the Yanch name.

Hi Robert, I'm so sorry to hear about these issues with your geothermal system. Please email me and I would be happy to follow up on this for you. My email address is pkirby@reliancecomfort.com ~ Penny

416er
416er

Water Heater Buyout

We rented a water heater for 17 years and paid $3,100 for the privilege. We tried to buy it out today, for an additional $40, but Reliance will not allow it unless we tell them the make, model and serial # of the unit they installed. Since it is a seasonal cottage, they will collect this amount a few times over before we get there to cancel it. Rip off! And, they are completely uninterested in our complaints. They make the rules, we have to follow them. Never rent a water heater!!

Hi there, I"m so sorry to hear about your experience. Please email me and I can assist, my email address is pkirby@reliancecomfort.com ~ Penny

Private User reviews Barrie, ON

furnace repair

NEVER NEVER USE THIS COMPANY!!! I called Reliance Yanch HomeComfort to our home because we woke up to our furnace not working .The person who came fixed the igniter switch, then told me that he checked the CO (carbon monoxide) levels and showed me his meter which read between 95 and 101 ppm. He told me that he had to report anything over 100 parts per million, and tagged our furnace as a non-immediate issue, but we had 35 days to get a new furnace or our gas would be shut off. Then came the high pressure pitch to get one of Reliance's salesmen over to our house to price a new furnace! We did that, along with having the sense to have two other reliable companies check the parts per million
on our furnace. Both of the other companies' readings read 12 and 12-14 parts per million, not 101!!! This company is not a company that I would ever suggest that you use, and ALL of our friends and family have been notified! I do not believe that this Reliance employee who came to my house gave me honesty or the proper information, although he appeared to me to be at the time (boy was I wrong!) , and have since then heard from two reliable sources that incentives are given to employees for having homeowners agree to have a salesman over to their home. My daughter in another city happened to call Reliance regarding an AC quote and received the same high pressure to buy from them. I feel that this company caused my husband and I alot of undue stress, therefore feel compelled to warn others that they could have this happen to them. If this ever does, have the foresight to have other companies confirm or deny the problem.

Hi there,

I'm so sorry to hear about your experience. Please email me if you require any assistance pkirby@reliancecomfort.com ~ Penny

Matthew
Matthew
4 reviews Barrie, ON

Annual furnace maintenance call

L4N 6E5

Ryan did a great job servicing my Furnace in Angus as part of my heating protection program. He was on time, friendly, and exceeded my expectations. Keep the good work!

Thank you for your feedback Matthew! ~ Penny

Darlene in Barrie
Darlene in Barrie

New furnace

L4N 6E5

I returned from a vacation on Jan 2 2018 to find my home with no heat. As an existing Reliance Yanch customer, I called Reliance to service my furnace. They had someone out the next night. Tom was very pleasant, and professional. Tom condemned my furnace and wrote it up that it needed replacing within 30 days. He fired up the furnace. But it quit before long. Might I add that this was the coldest week of the season, I had no heat and feared frozen pipes. Tom arranged to have Kris come out 3 days later on Saturday Jan 6, 2018. Kris also seemed very pleasant. I asked him about the Reliance ad for next day furnace, and he informed me that was for air conditioners only. I did not question him at the time, and signed a contract to have a new furnace installed. Earliest date Tuesday January 9, 2018. That day I heard the ad again, and called and emailed Kris, who did not reply. I reached him on his cell on Monday, and he said he would look into it and get back to me. I have called customer service 3 times, spoke to resolutions. All of whom confirmed the ad that you get a new furnace next day or they pay $500. All of them were sending an email to Kris the salesman, and his supervisor Andrew. I have not heard back from anyone. They got my money. Installed the furnace, but have not so much as responded to any of my emails or a call. I have asked that someone call me to discuss, and was assured several times that they would. This is horrible customer service. Clearly they have my money and do not care at all about customer satisfaction. I am not sure of my next step yet, however if I am not reimbursed $500. Or at the very least called with a very good reason for this horrible service and false advertising, I will pursue this issue further.
A very disappointed customer.

Hi Darlene,

I am so sorry to hear that you didn't get the help that was needed. Can you please email me directly and I can look into this further. My email address is pkirby@reliancecomfort.com ~ Penny

JT in Barrie
JT in Barrie

New furnace

L4N 6E5

When our furnace failed, Jeff Moore came quickly and explained our options on the furnaces that were appropriate for the size of our house. He took the time to do this and we never felt pressured. He was very knowledgeable and you can rely on his suggestion of the equipment to buy. He tried his best to give us the best price available. We thank him for this.
The day of the install Jeff even came over to make sure we were satisfied with the install being done. The installer did the install very well and neatly. He explained everything as he was doing it and worked efficiently. Thank you

Thank you for your amazing review, we appreciate it! ~Haley

dollson in Barrie
dollson in Barrie

Furnace service

L4N 6E5

I found Reliace’s service- specifically technician- Ryan G #4157 very professional. As a single mom it was comforting to know he easily fixed my furnace which had stopped working at the start of the day, and got my gas fireplace working. Thank you for your respectful demeanour, and clear explanation of the problem and solution.

Thank you so much for sharing your comments and review! We sincerely appreciate your feedback ~ Penny

More about Reliance Yanch Home Comfort - Barrie

Reliance Yanch Home Comfort is able to provide a wide variety and depth to our range of HVAC services. We have become the leading source for heating, air conditioning and home comfort systems in Central Ontario including Simcoe County, southern Georgian Bay and the Muskokas. Our mission is to be the leading service and Installation Company in residential heating and air conditioning.
From our locations in Barrie and Collingwood, we offer a full range of home comfort equipment and services, from design and installation to service and repair. We are specialists in the replacement of residential heating, air conditioning and domestic hot water systems including natural gas, electric, propane and geothermal systems.

Furnaces, Air Conditioners, Water Heaters, Air Purifiers, Boilers, Humidifiers, Ductless Air Conditioners