Best Buy-Edmonton N.

Electronic Retailers
13924 - 137 Avenue NW Edmonton AB T5L5H1
HomeStars  >  Electronic Retailers in St. Albert  >  Best Buy-Edmonton N.

Reviews for Best Buy-Edmonton N.

Sarah M from Edmonton
Sarah M from Edmonton
2 reviews Edmonton, AB

Digital Camera

on April 21 around 12 pm I went to Best Buy in Edmonton at 13924 137 Ave. NW with the intention of purchasing a camera. Upon arrival at the camera department I noticed the displays of cameras were very sparse and not many models were displayed even tho many of the models were in stock in the locked cases below. After walking around for about 15 minutes I found an associate to ask a few questions as I had a pretty good idea which features I wanted in a camera, I asked about a few cameras and as the associate started telling me I was wrong about which features many of the cameras had, I noticed that not one of the cameras actually matched the display of price and description of the features paper displayed with them, after searching I found some and placed them with the correct cameras and mentioned it to the associate who immediated grabbed all the descriptions and prices and removed them, I explained how this was quite unhelpful as now I and other customers wouldn't know anything about the cameras at all, he stated I could go home and look them up online if I wanted and then he walked away. After walking around and using my phone to google some of the cameras I found the one I wanted to purchase but could not find an associate. I went to the front door and requested someone be sent to the camera department, about 10 minutes later someone came but started talking to another customer immediately who was looking at dslr cameras and accessories and trying out different lenses, I went over and explained I just wanted to purchase a camera and the associate said he would be with us in a few minutes, it was obvious he knew the other customer as they laughed and joked around, he came over once to see which camera we wanted and said he would look into it, 45 minutes later he was still busy with the other "customer" I went to the front again and explained that I still had not been helped as the associate was busy with another customer, the associate at the door told me to go stand in line at the checkout and maybe someone would help me, I explained to him I was not going to stand in line at the checkout in order for them to tell me I had to go back to the camera department to get the camera, as I had been thru that situation in the past and I knew the associate at the checkout would not be able to leave to go get the camera and probably did not have keys, after another 15 minutes of waiting we finally left the store, very frustrated. I have to say this is one of the worst customer service experiences I have had to date. I purchase most of my electronics including my tvs and Iphone from Best buy stores but after this I will definitely be rethinking my choice for shopping

brenda in morinville
brenda in morinville
1 review Morinville, AB

purchased a bose sound system. and a new computer from them. the staff were extremely friendly and knowledgeable. set us up

went into best buy on the north end asked them to help us out with a computer and printer. the staff were very knowledgeable and suggested getting windows 7. we had a bit of difficulty setting up our printer to match and went bac and the stafff helped us set everything up with no additional fees. then we purchased a bose sound system. the fellow mark helped us and explained exactly how to set up the system. we were extremly satisfied with the store and the staff.