Weenen Electric

HomeStars  >  Electricians in Toronto  >  Weenen Electric

Reviews for Weenen Electric

Mark T in Toronto
Mark T in Toronto

Full house re-wire, garage wiring problem fix, etc.

Good tradesmen can be hard to find. Dave Weenen and his crew are solid gold. Hired Dave to re-wire our entire house, and the job was done on-time, on-budget, and as professional as can be. Dave runs a tight ship, and was on-site doing progress checks regularly and sorting any deficiencies before I even knew there were any. Unlike many trades he shows up with a proper contract, everything in writing, and no surprises.

Had him back to fix a weird electrical problem in my garage (that was down to a previous electricians poor work). He found the problem right away and offered sensible solutions, taking the time to explain exactly what was happening and why, which is always appreciated.

In addition to electrical work, Dave also does design build and I have engaged him to run a gas line back to my garage, install heating/AC and insulate. Superior workmanship, outstanding service, and just a great guy to deal with in general. Cannot recommend Dave and his team highly enough.

Thank you Mark.

Nancy from Toronto
Nancy from Toronto

electrical

Earlier in the summer of 2014, we encountered a perplexing problem with our circuit breaker panel, the first time something of this nature had occurred in 30 years of living in our home.
It had been some time since we had required the services of an electrician so we consulted the Yellow Pages for someone located within a reasonable distance of our downtown neighbourhood. (We were hoping for a quick response.)
Of the many companies listed, we contacted Mr. Weenen because his name sounded somewhat familiar (we recalled that his firm had done the neighbourhood a kindness during an earlier garbage strike).
He showed up later the same day and repaired our electrical service promptly.
His rate was modest considering that it could have been viewed as an emergency call.
After his afternoon with us and once we became more familiar with the full extent of his services (electrical work is only part of his portfolio - he offers a design build option as well), we started noticing his signs in the downtown vicinity.
In conclusion, in the event that we would undertake a renovation of our home (and we've seen the types of homes he works on and their location), and given how nicely and professionally he treated us (we are a pair of seniors) and our electricity problem, we would probably call upon him first for an assessment of our needs.

Thank you very much for the kind words.

H in Toronto
H in Toronto
1 review East York, ON

Electrical Repair

Assisted Review

Thank you for sending Andy to get things sorted out for me. His expertise, and the equipment he had with him, were well able to locate the problems, and to make the repairs. He was courteous and answered all of my questions, clearly explaining things that were unfamiliar to me. In a word; a pleasure to work with.

Downtownto
Downtownto

House Rewiring

Weenen Electric
416 925 9545
3 Charles Street West
Toronto
M4Y 1R4

Dave got the work done as he said he would, like many contractors getting him back to finish was tedious, I suggest holding back some money until all is complete. His guys are great, however Dave was unpleasant to have around , he berates is staff openly, complains about the other trades and is very confrontational.

I would like to address these claims. Firstly, an electrical project at $20,000.00 indicates a complete rewire of your house. I am not entirely sure who you are. I have checked my records for a project of this size in the time frame that you posted, and cannot find a match. Getting me back to finish doesn't make sense. Of course I want to finish...A; To get on to the next project and B: to get paid. Sometimes people don't consider additional work as requiring extra time. It does. If you are suggesting that we got paid in full before the completion of the project. That is an untruth. However, I assume that because the "work was decent" this posting must therefore be a review of my character. Regarding my guys...yes, they are great. Thank you. They are great because I have paid for their mistakes and trained them for years. However, they still do on occassion, make mistakes and need to be told about them on site and at the time that I find them . The bigger the mistake, the more harsh the conversation is going to be. If the mistakes are big enough... yes, there will be hell to pay. That is an unpleasant part of my job. However If I am giving it to to someone...it is only so that your project will turn out the way it is supposed to. Don't think for a second that they ALWAYS care....its not my guys who have to deal with a disatisfied client or respond to this stuff its me! As far as other trades.... Again not sure who you are talking about but yup.... If they are screwing things up on YOUR job site....Im going to let them know about it. In the end... I am working VERY hard to make sure You have the best project.

October 19, 2014
Coming up on five years... no call backs, or warranty requests.

Doing it properly...one job at a time. :)

Adrianne- Port Credit
Adrianne- Port Credit

rewiring for reno on very old house

David is a master electrician who has great attention to detail. Given my limited budget, he was able to find good cost savings and did the job in the time he had quoted. I am very happy with the work he did.
I would recommend him to anyone looking for a good electrician.

Thank you Adrianne.

More about Weenen Electric

Weenen Electric Inc. was established in 1986. David Weenen is the principal and is a licensed master electrician with 21 years of experience as an electrical contractor. He also has many more years of experience in the general contracting field. Our roots are in the residential sector. David Weenen started ...