The owner operator (Ken) is, no doubt, an informed and capable electrician but you're likely to never, or rarely, see him. We had all sorts of electrical work done by his crew and in the end, were not terribly pleased.
My list of complaints? here goes:
- Outlets and switch boxes - some were sunk into the wall, some protruded by 1/2 inch - sloppy at best
- electrical work failed the electrical inspection on about 5 different deficiencies (they did address them at no cost however)
- while most outlets worked, we needed to get another electrician in (at our cost) to fix others
- cabling to source appliances was inadequate guage - had to be re-done at the cost of tearing away fixtures and parts of the ceiling
- they were on site intermittently and only upon complaining would they eventually show up
- cost overruns were significant
- exterior fixtures wired with interior box
- fixtures wired with wood screws rather than electrical box metal screws
- 500 watt dimmer switches connected to circuits with over 900 watts of lamps (most light switches get hot to the touch).
- outlets and switches placed too close to doorways and windows requiring cutting away either the switch plate or door frame (x 5)
The crew were terribific guys who tried hard but for the price paid you are not getting quality work. Not the worst contractor experience we have had, but far, far, far from the best. They may work out for you but you'd be wise to be cautious and shop around.