Home Improvement People Inc.

General Contractors
1120 Castlefield Avenue Toronto ON M6B 1E9
General Contractors
Home Improvement People Inc.

Best of 2019 winner 12 timesBest of 2019winner 12 times
Giving Back Award winner 3 timesGiving Back Awardwinner 3 times

Reviews for Home Improvement People Inc.

BH in Toronto
BH in Toronto

New kitchen, new bathroom and full-house facelift

We reached out the HIP to help us with a full renovation of our kitchen, our ensuite bathroom and many other facelifts around our home, including: new flooring throughout, new interior doors and trim, new potlights, new banisters, new ceiling beam cladding, painting (or wallpaper) throughout, plus a handful of other specialized items.

After getting numerous quotes, I was most confident in their professionalism and response time. Their pricing was also fair and clear.

We worked with Charlotte, who was very accommodating to our very specific requests on the kitchen design, and with project manager Larry who was a real taskmaster with the trades.

They had estimated about 8 to 10 weeks to do the work, and they were on-site every day. Sometimes I would pop in on weekends and find trades getting detail work done to stay on schedule. Unfortunately, there was a mix-up with the floor company and the incorrect flooring was delivered (this was not HIPs fault at all) so it took an extra 4 weeks as we waited for the correct flooring to arrive, but Larry ensured that things moved as expeditiously as possible then.

There were several items that came up during the process that I communicated I wanted to be done differently or to a higher standard, and they promptly addressed those issues to my satisfaction.

Our new home looks great and I endorse them - many thanks to Larry, Charlotte and their colleagues.

Thank you for this gorgeous detailed review!
We appreciate you taking the time to post it.
Enjoy your beautiful home.

troycwhite in Toronto
troycwhite in Toronto

Upstairs Bathroom Bedroom Renovation

John, Elia, Phil and the rest of the folks at Home Improvement People did an amazing job on our renovation. They were honest, skilled and dedicated. The project, although delayed by unfortunate circumstances was still completed in the original timeframe and the whole team was friendly, respectful and helpful.
I cannot recommend them enough. I can't wait to use them on our next project.

Hello Troy,

Thank you so very much for this beautiful review. We love to leave every job site with our clients wanting to use us again!

Alvin from Scarborough
Alvin from Scarborough

Bathroom renovation

Very skilled and professional people from this company. From the initial project engagement with Chris, to design consultation from Charlotte and of course to the workmanship from Mien and his crew. The whole team made sure that the project went smooth and that everything we needed at the beginning was addressed properly. We most definitely recommend them for any of your home renovation needs.

Thank you Alvin for the very killing reviews. Enjoy you new gorgeous bathroom!

Jessica
Jessica

Bathroom Renovation

We hired the HIP to renovate our bathroom. Phillip connected me with one of their designers, Shannon who provided a lot of great ideas and support.
Nadia and her team did a great job with the bathroom and we are very pleased with the end result.
Unfortunately, we were told that we had Kitec pipes - a product that was banned in 2011 because it is susceptible to bursting and without replacing all of the pipes in our house, there would be no warranty on the work. We agreed that it was important to replace these faulty pipes and decided to move forward with this additional work. This obviously changed the scope of work and cost pretty significantly which in itself would have been ok. The plumbers that were used for this part of the job were disrespectful of our space and household items. Had we been advised that there was a change of plan in terms of what walls and pipes were being replaced on what day, it would have changed our experience. Instead, the only working bathroom in the house (with toiletries exposed), was covered in drywall dust and debris and our bathmat used to mop up water and dirt. Nadia did her best to tidy it up (and did a great job), but it that specific part was extremely negative. I wish I could give a 10/10, but because we had this glitch which cast a shadow over the project, my score is lower than it would have otherwise been.

Hi Jessica,

Thank you for your review. We apologize for your experience with the plumbers. There is no way to know during the estimate whether the pipes are Kitec. The plumbers should have done a better job of keeping your home clean. We apologize for that and have spoken with them regarding this. Overall, we are thrilled that you are pleased with the final result.
All the best,

Michele in Toronto
Michele in Toronto

660 Eglinton ave w

The home improvement experience was great, from quoting the job by Chris, to coming by map out, and Trevor who did the work framing in a wall and closet for a second bedroom, finishing and painting. Great job, I would recommend this group to everyone. Thank you.

Thank you so much Michele. Hope you had a wonderful summer. All the best!

Christine
Christine

A Fantastic Experience with The Home Improvement People!!

We hired the Home Improvement People to refinish our basement after reading the excellent reviews on HomeStars. Haydee at the office was able to easily book an estimate of our project. She always got back to us very quickly and then expertly coordinated our payments and our numerous add-ons throughout the project. We were impressed by the prompt visit to our home by Chris who evaluated our project and gave us a complete, detailed and very reasonable estimate. He made excellent suggestions to make our basement safer and brighter. Elia then introduced us to Lino Senior and Lino Junior who worked tirelessly on our basement for 4 weeks in June-July 2019. They were always most respectful, courteous and professional in their management and execution of all the tasks of refinishing our big basement. They tidied up after each day and contained all the dust. Lino Senior coordinated flawlessly with the other trades that came to work and made sure that the materials were on site ready for the following day’s work. Lino Junior was a super hard worker, extremely polite, kind and always in great spirits. He went above and beyond to assure great workmanship. They make a fabulous team! Our finished basement is now a warm, clean, top-quality space that adds bright and comfortable square footage to our home. Our most sincere thanks to Lino and Lino! We highly recommend The Home Improvement company!

Wow! Thank you so much! We had a fantastic experience with you too! Enjoy the rest of your summer.

Dom Randall
Dom Randall

Basement refresh and new bathroom

I recently had my basement refreshed which included new flooring, painting, pot lighting and a full build of a new bathroom. After getting 3 quotes, we selected HIP for this job, and while they were not the cheapest, their impressive Homestars rating of satisfied customers and professional communications from Phil and Elia were exactly what I was looking for. Lino led the project team and ensured the project was done to our satisfaction and within our budget and on schedule. Lino made sure we were happy along the way and kept us informed throughout the project. We are very happy with the completed job and would highly recommend considering HIP for any future home projects you may be considering. Thanks Lino and thank you HIP! 10/10 A+

Thank you Dom for this incredible review!

Susan Kovac in Toronto
Susan Kovac in Toronto

Laundry and others

Evan and his team did the excellent job in timely fashion! They don't mind walk extra miles to fix things not even included in the job list. I definitely will have them back for the future project! Highly recommended!

Thank you so much Susan!
Have a great summer.

Maggie in Richmond HIll
Maggie in Richmond HIll
0 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Bathroom renovation

I cannot say enough good about this company's handling of my complete bathroom renovation. From beginning to end, they did an amazing job, on time, and on budget.

The measurements were perfect, and they gave me good advice about the benefits and drawbacks of possible fixtures. They provided a complete list of the materials required and a list of suppliers with whom they have relationships. All I had to do was go and pick out the fixtures and materials I wanted, and HIP arranged the delivery date with the supplier. Everything was delivered on time, and the order was complete.

The guys were all extremely professional, friendly, and helpful. They answered all my questions, and they cleaned up the site every day.

There were no surprises, and I love my new bathroom. I would not hesitate to use this company again, and I do not hesitate to recommend HIP to anyone considering a renovation project. Bravo.

Thank you Maggie!
Bravo on this amazing review!

Ben & Dan

More about Home Improvement People Inc.

The Home Improvement People have completed literally thousands of renovations since our inception. We are a unique award winning contracting company, consulted by various media as industry experts.
Please view our website at homeimprovementpeople.com to view images of some of our projects.
For our clients' convenience, we've implemented progress billing as well as financing.
Regardless of scope, we approach every single home renovation with a foundation of strong design aesthetics, comprehensive product options, sound project management, and a commitment to craftsmanship.

Our projects range from remodelled bathrooms and kitchens, to rear additions, hardwood flooring, basements, second story additions and other extensive renovations. We undertake work in all budget ranges.

Choosing a reputable contractor is the most important decision you will make regarding your renovation. From plans and permits, to last little finishing details, The Home Improvement People is committed to completing your renovations and home improvements in a professional manner and to your complete satisfaction.
We take pride in our personalized service and our high quality workmanship.
Call us for quality, insured work - completed on time, and on budget.
416-782-7605.