Home Improvement People Inc.

Basement Renovation
1120 Castlefield Avenue Toronto ON M6B 1E9
Basement Renovation
Home Improvement People Inc.

Best of 2019 winner 12 timesBest of 2019winner 12 times
Giving Back Award winner 3 timesGiving Back Awardwinner 3 times

Reviews for Home Improvement People Inc.

Bathroom reno

The team doing my bathroom renovation, Nadia, John and Elvis, was incredibly efficient, knowledgeable, very skilled and easy to work with. They tidied up at the end of each day and before I knew it the bathroom was completed on the eighth day. It looks great and was left spotless. Thanks, too, to Gerhard for his help and guidance. Company highly recommended.

Thank you! Gerhard and the crew will love to read this review. Thank you for taking the time to post.

Bathroom Renovation

I cannot day enough about Gerhard and his team Nadia, John and Elvis! This is a team that works with the utmost integrity and takes so much pleasure in their craft. My bathroom is perfect. They never ended their day with making sure everything was spotless. I truly felt like they were part of the family and miss them. Their workmanship is impeccable and my washroom has made my family and friend a envious! Thank you so much and I would use them again and again without hesitation! Can not wait for my kitchen Reno now!
By the way - they also did a tub to shower Reno at my Mom’s condo- she has no words. Everything was perfect and on time. If you want quality from people with integrity - use HIP!

Thank you Sandra and thank you for the referrals.
Looking forward to starting your kitchen!

nick in Mississauga
nick in Mississauga

A Company that Delivers What is Promised

I recently contracted this company to install a new shower stall and floor for my ensuite bathroom. I was promised that the work would be completed in approximately seven days. The project was completed on time and the quality of the work was excellent. I am very pleased with the entire process from quotation to the finished product. The work crew were very professional and on time every day. I would have no hesitation to give this company my full recommendation to anyone considering a renovation in their home.

Hi Nick,

Amazing review. Thank you so much. Thank you for your recommendation and for taking the time to post.

Robert
Robert

Bathroom Reno

The Home Improvement People were fantastic. They were able to take our design concept and turn it into a reality. The job was done on time and on budget. My wife and I were highly impressed with their professionalism and the quality of the workmenship. We will definitely call them again for our next project and will pass their name to family and friends.

Thank you so much Robert for your kind words!

Jonathan
Jonathan

Kitchen Reno

Full kitchen renovation and expansion. HIP came in within our budget and on schedule. We would highly recommend this company.

Thank you Jonathan!

Robert in Vaughan
Robert in Vaughan

Bathroom Renovation

I highly recommend Home Improvement People. From the beginning of this project, Ben and Dan were responsive to our needs and budget. They understood exactly what my wife was looking for in terms of design and they made it happen. The project was completed on time. The demo and installation was done very professionally and the quality of work was outstanding.
We would most definitely use HIP for future projects.

Wonderful! Thank you so much.

afrankel
afrankel

Kitchen Renovation

My wife and I are super satisfied with the work provided by The Home Improvement People. The job was exactly what they quoted and was completed in the timeframe laid out. We will definitely use them again and will be passing their name on to our family and friends.
Thanks Home Iprovement People.

Thank you Albert! We are so happy that you are super satisfied!

All the best,

ytam11 in Richmond Hill
ytam11 in Richmond Hill
1 review , ON

It's All in the Details. Bathroom Renovation and other with Update

***** Update: Elia and Dan contacted me to discuss the opportunity for their company to come back and fix any imperfections. Quite honestly, I wasn't expecting that but now that they have reached out (quickly) and expressed their concern, I feel that they truly care about their customers and ensuring everyone is happy.

My review has been updated from a 5 star to a 7 star, until such time the deficiencies are corrected, I may change the rating again.

__________________________________________________________
This is a long overdue review but nevertheless, it's needed.

We contacted HIP for a quote and they came in quite competitive and after reading other reviews, we felt comfortable using HIP.

HIP is receiving a 5 star because their attention to detail lacked. The sales person, Elia was good and responsive. The PM that was assigned to us was also good and responsive, however some of the workmanship could have been better. I.e. it was very clear that whomever was in charge of caulking used a cloth that had paint on it as some of the paint rubbed off onto the white ceiling of the room that was being renovated and wall trims. The contractor they used to install our foyer light was terribly done. The cut out was bigger then what was needed and alas, there is a noticeable hole between the base of the light and the wall. Whomever was in charge of installing base board trims and the trim along the shower wall was terribly done (the cut and finishing included). Lastly, whomever they contracted to install our shower cutout did a poor job. The cutout shelf middle piece wasn't glued on straight and it wasn't "long enough", leaving a bigger than expected blob of caulk to hold up the middle piece.

Having a young family, we often oversee things and in this case, we did not notice the imperfections until after all was said and done. Until I was bathing my little one and noticed the faded wall paint on my stark white ceiling and the misaligned insert in our shower cutout and the caulking on the shower wall and the uneven shower wall back splash etc...

At the end of the day, as paying customers, we all want to be happy (both contractors and customers). We had talked about future projects with HIP, but unfortunately we will not be using them again.

Hello,

Firstly - we apologize for your frustration and appreciate your feedback. This job was completed quite a while ago and we have never heard anything from you. We hate leaving a client unsatisfied and would have been more then happy to repair or fix any of the items you mentioned. Please contact us and we can arrange to have your comments addressed at your convenience.

coppertsx in Toronto
coppertsx in Toronto
1 review Oshawa, ON

Dream Kitchen

The Home Improvement People were one of several companies we spoke with regarding our main floor reno. Ben came to our home and I was immediately impressed with his demeanor and his open honest conversation. I was next impressed with his quote. It was not the cheapest but it was the most inclusive and did not come with any caveats.

Our design was handled by Charlotte. She offered us several reiterations and gave us some sound advice before we were finally all comfortable to move forward.

We were promised a 8 week renovation and I am very happy to say that the renovation was done in 8 weeks and two days.

Larry work extremely hard in the background to keep everything moving forward.

The skill trades people that were brought in were all first class and the work in incredible. I would have like the electrician to try a little harder to work to my specifications and we have expressed that to Larry and Ben.

In the end we have a kitchen that is absolutely show room beautiful and a main floor that we are still trying to believe is ours.

Words of advice. If you have any small concerns or issues during the project reach out to Ben and let him know. I did not and I wish I would have.

My advice to you is to call Ben, He really does care.

Thank you so much for this wonderful review!

Ben & Dan

More about Home Improvement People Inc.

The Home Improvement People have completed literally thousands of renovations since our inception. We are a unique award winning contracting company, consulted by various media as industry experts.
Please view our website at homeimprovementpeople.com to view images of some of our projects.
For our clients' convenience, we've implemented progress billing as well as financing.
Regardless of scope, we approach every single home renovation with a foundation of strong design aesthetics, comprehensive product options, sound project management, and a commitment to craftsmanship.

Our projects range from remodelled bathrooms and kitchens, to rear additions, hardwood flooring, basements, second story additions and other extensive renovations. We undertake work in all budget ranges.

Choosing a reputable contractor is the most important decision you will make regarding your renovation. From plans and permits, to last little finishing details, The Home Improvement People is committed to completing your renovations and home improvements in a professional manner and to your complete satisfaction.
We take pride in our personalized service and our high quality workmanship.
Call us for quality, insured work - completed on time, and on budget.
905-760-7607.